Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Superior State Hockey Lakers 2013-2014 (part II)

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
    Lakers win 6-5 in overtime. They trailed 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, and 4-3, but kept battling back. Perfetto with the game-winner, also had 3 assists. Globke also had 3 assists. Sternberg with a goal and 2 assists. Murdock had 29 saves, but gave up 5 goals. Lakers were outshot 34-23. Great win!
    Great win indeed, especially the way they battled back on the road. They would of lost a game like this last year. Nice to see the balanced scoring and Globke continuing his hot start. Only downside was Murdock having an off game. We should see Kapalka in net tomorrow night.

WCHA teams getting roughed up again tonight, but once again, not the Lakers.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      Great win indeed, especially the way they battled back on the road. They would of lost a game like this last year. Nice to see the balanced scoring and Globke continuing his hot start. Only downside was Murdock having an off game. We should see Kapalka in net tomorrow night.

WCHA teams getting roughed up again tonight, but once again, not the Lakers.
      I watched the game through the Union video feed, and Murdock had no chance on at least 3 of the goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        I watched the game through the Union video feed, and Murdock had no chance on at least 3 of the goals.
        Was it poor play by the Lakers defensemen or just really good plays by the Union players?

Hope the Lakers can pull off the unexpected sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Huge win by the Lakers last night, the scoring depth thus far in this young season has been exceptional, we own 3 wins over two teams that combined for 42 last season. I predicted in the old thread that the ceiling for the Lakers this season in WCHA play was 2nd, with the floor being 6th, needless to say I thought the Lakers being picked 8th in preseason polls was a travesty, the Lakers are on the right path early on to proving a lot of people wrong!

Comment

Great Start. One more win and let's get ready for conference play.

Comment

Nice win indeed.
              BLEED BLUE

Comment

Was it poor play by the Lakers defensemen or just really good plays by the Union players?

Hope the Lakers can pull off the unexpected sweep tomorrow.
                Defense was out the window for both teams last night. I haven't seen a game that wide open in a long time, and was very out of character for recent Union teams and I suspect the same for LSSU. Both goalies were hung out to dry and didn't have a chance on most of the goals. There were some very nice offensive plays by both teams. I was impressed by how the Lakers kept their composure and kept coming back when at times it looked like Union was taking control of the game. A very deserved win by your side.
                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

4-0 to start the season. I have to admit I didn't see this coming, great job Lakers ..
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Sounds like Kapalka saved their butts tonight as they were out shot pretty bad. But they got the W and that's what counts.

Comment

The depth continues....13 Lakers with goals on the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Sounds like Kapalka saved their butts tonight as they were out shot pretty bad. But they got the W and that's what counts.
                        I was not able to watch or listen, but that looks to be the case with the box score tonight.

There is a postgame interview with Jim over on the Union thread, and he said the Lakers were fortunate to get the win tonight. As he mentions though, things even out over the year.

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                          4-0 to start the season. I have to admit I didn't see this coming, great job Lakers ..
                          Same here. Excellent start to the season! I'm not getting too excited yet, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. VERY, VERY tough series in Wisconsin in two weeks.

Seems like Roque has changed up his goalie system this year. So far, it's working.

Comment

Startinng 4-0 is fantastic, but it will catch up with us if we keep getting outshot 48-17!!!

Comment

VERY, VERY tough series in Wisconsin in two weeks.
                              Especially since Wisconsin just got spanked in Boston (against BC and BU) this weekend. They aren't going to be happy campers when they face the Lakers, which is also their next series.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Especially since Wisconsin just got spanked in Boston (against BC and BU) this weekend. They aren't going to be happy campers when they face the Lakers, which is also their next series.
                                On the other hand, they couldn't have been happy campers after getting throttled by BC. While they did show up against BU, it was still pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X