This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC - A new start and a new venue

4 Hockey East in the top10....sounds like a dog fight all season for the title

Comment

PC Hockey 2013-2014 TV Schedule

COX Sports will provide exclusive local coverage of a dozen Providence College men’s hockey games during the 2013-14 season. All games will be available to Cox Cable customers on OSN, channels 5 and 1005 HD. PC hockey will again also steam live on CoxSportsOnline.

10/12/13 PC Men’s Hockey Minnesota State 7:00pm
      10/25/13 PC Men’s Hockey Miami (Ohio) 7:00pm
      10/26/13 PC Men’s Hockey Miami (Ohio) 7:00pm
      11/2/13 PC Men’s Hockey Boston University 7:00pm
      11/9/13 PC Men’s Hockey Merrimack 7:00pm
      11/22/13 PC Men’s Hockey New Hampshire 7:00pm
      1/7/14 PC Men’s Hockey Northeastern 7:00pm
      1/24/14 PC Men’s Hockey Umass-Lowell 7:00pm
      1/31/14 PC Men’s Hockey Boston College 7:00pm
      2/11/14 PC Men’s Hockey Uconn 7:00pm
      2/14/14 PC Men’s Hockey Notre Dame 7:00pm
      2/21/14 PC Men’s Hockey Massachusetts 7:00pm

Comment

It has been awhile that the preseason has been filled with such anticipation. It would be sweet to see the Friars in the NCAAs this year. Sweeter still in Philly. I am looking forward to the trip to Colorado Springs and hope to be in town for the two against Notre Dame in February. I will be in Philly on April and sure hope to see you all then too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          I thought the plan was one more year of Gillies...
          I think there should be high expectations this year at PC...especially with one of the better young Coaches in the country in Leaman..as far as Gillies I would say(imo)that he plays at least 3 years @ PC...Calgary is in a full scale rebuild mode and with Brian Burke coming on board for the Flames he will not push Gillies too fast,especially goaltenders take time,Gillies is a good one but he would further his development by staying 3 years and then making the next step to the AHL for a couple of seasons...good luck this coming season and have always enjoyed the Maine/PC games over the years. Also lets HOPE that Gillies can led the USA WJ Team to Gold in Sweden later this year..!

Comment

“@JGillies32: first team skate is also the first skate in the new rink tomorrow, can barely wait the 24 hours #Friars”
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              They were swishy pants!!!!
              Legendary purple swishy pants.

Why am I nervous about this season when the players aren't? Hmmm...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Legendary purple swishy pants.

Why am I nervous about this season when the players aren't? Hmmm...
                Swishy pajama pants.

Comment

PC got some love from John Buccigross today on Twitter...

Think that's the first time I've ever seen PC higher than BC...
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Awesome to see PC that high. Should be a solid year with another year of growth for their young guys. Expecting big jump from Jankowski

Comment

Just hope the team does not read this

Comment

The start of the season cannot come fast enough for me.

Comment

Nice to see PC ranked 15th in the preseason USA Today Poll http://www.uscho.com/rankings/usa-today-mens/ and fifth in the HEA preseason poll. It gives the team respect for how far the program has come but is a reminder there is a ways to go. Netman, what poll were you citing a couple of weeks ago? Should be an interesting season. We're are still planning to catch up with the team in Colorado Springs in January. Hope some of you can make the trek.

Comment

I am planning on making the trip to Colorado Springs!
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

They changed the jersey: http://instagram.com/p/esnk3uL0HT/#
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Thanks for sharing '13! I don't really like the placement of the HE logo under the strings but I really like the rest. Not meaning to nitpick. I may be in the minority but I like numbers on the front a la the Sabres et al. Then again Copperalls was fine with me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X