X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Suze, who said I wouldn't give him a chance? Did somebody die and appoint you God?
    I'm just not as impressed as you are with his credentials.
    But then it's clear you're happy with anyone but Dr. Cobb. Why's that? Because he wouldn't kiss up to you? Or do what you wanted for the hockey program? Forget any rebuttal. Your position is and has been very clear. Anyone but Dr. Cobb. That's the real shame.
    LOL. Forget any rebuttal? What was that about someone dying and appointing someone God? Too funny. The jury is still out on the new AD, I said "but hopefully this will be a great hire". Time will tell. It's a fresh start, and hopefully he can mend the fences in the hockey community that Cobb was not capable of repairing.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      Give him a break he went to the University of average achievers for crying out loud
      That's because I couldn't get into UAF! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        That's because I couldn't get into UAF! LOL
        UAF: Because everyone else said no and Mom and Dad said "get out!"
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          He was also involved in alumni and community relations (something sorely needed and Cobb was horrible at). He was an Associate AD who oversaw cross-country, track, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, and gymnastics. We had someone with a Dr. in front of his name and look at the shape of the hockey program under his watch. I am certainly willing to give the new AD a chance, and it seems you are not. That's a shame.
          In addition, I didn't say that Division I would happen tomorrow. Probably in next 10 years, but you can see all the moving parts toward that direction. The community is very much pusing for soccer programs at UAA both Mens and Womens. That would move us to 15 sports. Division I probably wont happen until an on-campus hockey arena is built. Which I believe that if Anchorage lands the Olympics in 2026, then we will probably get our arena.

Also, if you look to see who endorsed the new UAA AD, you will noticed one of those folks was JEFF HURD who is the commissioner of the WAC. Why would UAA seek his endorsement if we weren't interested in going into the WAC? I am just saying that we (UAA) is preparing to move divisions. Might be 10 years, but we are headed in that direction.

Comment

What actions does the new AD have to take to satisfy the "hockey community"?
            Not a loaded question.

Comment

Not a loaded question.
              Well, like Suze said, he has much experience in reaching out to the community to bolster support for sports programs. In Nevada, it was Football and baseball. But, in theory, If he is good in gaining support for those sports, then he can do the same for hockey. That is what I suppose the UAA administraition is thinking.

Comment

Not a loaded question.
                Get a new arena built.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Get a new arena built.
                  I have been talking with folks on the WAC board and the wolfpack fans talk very highly about Mr. Hackett. They are very sad he is Leaving Nevada-Reno, and think that we found a jewel. They want him back because he has apparently done so much for the University of Nevada in the community and brought the spirit of Wolfpack athletics back to Reno. That is very impressive.

However, with the statewide politics and corruption, how can Keith do any better than Steve Cobb did? I am not picking a fight here. I am being honest. I know you say Cobb was not engaging with the hockey community, understand this point. But, there are other factors here that will tie Keith's hands and I just don't know how he can do any better because of the politics at statewide in Fairbanks. Suze, please don't get mad at me, I am being honest.

Comment

I have been talking with folks on the WAC board and the wolfpack fans talk very highly about Mr. Hackett. They are very sad he is Leaving Nevada-Reno, and think that we found a jewel. They want him back because he has apparently done so much for the University of Nevada in the community and brought the spirit of Wolfpack athletics back to Reno. That is very impressive.

However, with the statewide politics and corruption, how can Keith do any better than Steve Cobb did? I am not picking a fight here. I am being honest. I know you say Cobb was not engaging with the hockey community, understand this point. But, there are other factors here that will tie Keith's hands and I just don't know how he can do any better because of the politics at statewide in Fairbanks. Suze, please don't get mad at me, I am being honest.
                    New Ice Arena made final draft of the 2013 Masterplan. http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/masterplan...08_26_2013.pdf

Comment

New Ice Arena made final draft of the 2013 Masterplan. http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/masterplan...08_26_2013.pdf
                      But the ice arena in the student rec center is listed only as potential future actions. And where is the funding going to come from?
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sounds like he is a people person and knows how to reach out the community. I think you're right, that was probably very attractive to the UAA admin. in making this hire. Should be an exciting year for UAA sports.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          But the ice arena in the student rec center is listed only as potential future actions. And where is the funding going to come from?
                          Where did the money come from for the current arena?

Comment

Where did the money come from for the current arena?
                            State wide education bond passed by the voters of Alaska.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Wasn't a bond that I remember ... Wasn't it just a capital budget item?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                                Wasn't a bond that I remember ... Wasn't it just a capital budget item?
                                No, it had to pass a vote.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X