Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is B1G hockey going to get a real website for Heaven's sake???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is B1G hockey going to get a real website for Heaven's sake???

I have accepted the gigantic changes in college hockey only because there's no other choice. I loved the WCHA, as it was, and will miss it.

I won't list all of the things that concern me about the new conferences, although there are many...

But ONE thing I was concerned about was that Big Ten hockey would feel like an afterthought to the Big Ten itself. I realize college hockey is going to generate a fraction of the revenue football and basketball bring to the conference, and that goes without saying, but can the Big Ten at least PRETEND to be excited about the upcoming season?

When you look at the nWCHA and NCHC websites you get a feeling that these conferences are actually interested and excited about the new landscape and about their future.

What about the Big Ten? This is borderline embarrassing.

P.S.- Penn State I passionately hate you, at least for the first 10 years.

Re: Is B1G hockey going to get a real website for Heaven's sake???

You guys have all the best posters.

Comment

Point me to where the Big Ten has dedicated sites for football and basketball.

Hockey is a Big Ten sport now, therefore it goes on BigTen.org with all the other sports.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MINNESOTA View Post
        But ONE thing I was concerned about was that Big Ten hockey would feel like an afterthought to the Big Ten itself. I realize college hockey is going to generate a fraction of the revenue football and basketball bring to the conference, and that goes without saying, but can the Big Ten at least PRETEND to be excited about the upcoming season?
        So you haven't seen this video yet? And if you go on the hockey section of the Big Ten site, it has its very own special splash page. I'd say they are at least pretending to be excited about the upcoming season.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Point me to where the Big Ten has dedicated sites for football and basketball.

Hockey is a Big Ten sport now, therefore it goes on BigTen.org with all the other sports.
        It's really that simple.

Comment

It's better than the half-assed NCHSDC or whatever they call themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            Um, yeah...no. Unless you like webpages that look like they were designed by a high schooler who is taking Intro to Website Design.

Knock on the NCHC all you want but their website is finally something they did right. The Big Ten website in general is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              The Big Ten website in general is a joke.
              I will knock on the nchc some other time. But yes, I think the B1G's website could be muuch better for the sophistication level of the big ten.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I will knock on the nchc some other time. But yes, I think the B1G's website could be much better for the sophistication level of the big ten.
                Of course, hard not to either. Especially with their propensity to commit blunder after blunder.

Considering the resources the Big Ten has at their disposal, they could easily make improvements. Be a good time to do so with the new additions to the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                  Um, yeah...no. Unless you like webpages that look like they were designed by a high schooler who is taking Intro to Website Design.

Knock on the NCHC all you want but their website is finally something they did right. The Big Ten website in general is a joke.
                  what's next you're going to measure?

Comment

People care about conference websites? I can count the number of times I went to the WCHA website on one hand.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      People care about conference websites? I can count the number of times I went to the WCHA website on one hand.

This.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Bird is the word.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          what's next you're going to measure?
                          Let me get back to you on that, Slap. Gotta finishing reading the Intro to Website Design textbook.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            That was a major swing and miss... nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              That was a major swing and miss... nice try though.
                              Oh, how cute. It's nice to see UND fans come to the defense of their beloved brand new conference they wanted. We are going to be seeing this for many years to come.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                              X