Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSG to host Harvard/Yale

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...5175664767.txt

Be shocked if this actually sells out but we will see.

Re: MSG to host Harvard/Yale

Good thing is, it doesn't have to sell out to be a success as far as MSG is concerned. It just has to be better than all other available options that weekend, including not opening the arena.
    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

I remember a couple of Yale-Harvard games at the New Haven Coliseum back in the day, but that's obviously a long way from MSG. I wonder why they don't try The TD Garden in Boston.

Comment

Outdoors at Yale Bowl is what really needs to be done.
        Would have gotten 25k plus for that.
        -------------
        Yale University 2013 National Champs

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post
          Outdoors at Yale Bowl is what really needs to be done.
          Would have gotten 25k plus for that.
          The problem with Yale Bowl for an outdoor game is not the Bowl itself. If you will remember that for football games, auxiliary fields are used for parking. Where would 25k park for an outdoor Winter game?

Comment

Also keep in mind that no trucks can get into the Bowl, maybe rink setup very difficult. Anything large would need to be lifted in, which increases the set up cost, probably making it a loser.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
              I wonder why they don't try The TD Garden in Boston.
              Because Harvard plays at the TD Garden a month later and brings about 10 people

Comment

Yale-Harvard at Fenway would be cool to see.

Comment

It might sell out if they trick people into thinking it will be a football game.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Get Boomer involved, and it might actually get a highlight on ESPN.

Comment

Do not rule out this becoming a doubleheader as soon as next year. All I know is that Army is one of the teams being considered and in no way is this a done deal. I wonder if the Garden is looking for something bigger down the road in regards to college hockey. Is whatever's left of the Big East going to still have their tournament in the Garden after 2014?

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Do not rule out this becoming a doubleheader as soon as next year. All I know is that Army is one of the teams being considered and in no way is this a done deal. I wonder if the Garden is looking for something bigger down the road in regards to college hockey. Is whatever's left of the Big East going to still have their tournament in the Garden after 2014?
                        Perhaps they will want to bid for a future Frozen Four? They've never had it before, and if the community supports it, it'd be interesting to see. I don't know if they've had a regional...

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                          I remember a couple of Yale-Harvard games at the New Haven Coliseum back in the day, but that's obviously a long way from MSG. I wonder why they don't try The TD Garden in Boston.
                          Maybe the Garden didn't offer?
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                          X