Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    This can't be true, he gets them there almost every year. It could be ALOT worse.
    Right. Aside from BC, no one has had DU's success over the past 10 years.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      Best move, CC fires Scott Owen, hires Gwozdecky.
      Not a chance in Hell he goes to CC.

Then again, if you asked me a couple hours ago I would have told you Gwozdecky had one of the most secure jobs in all of college hockey...so who knows

Comment

Wisconsin fires Eaves and Gwoz steps in. The fit is great. Gwoz doesn't have to face his old team and he's now in the bigs with a nearly limitless budget. I see it happening.

Comment

As I wrote on ATDU thread, incredibly dumb move....a la the Howland firing at UCLA. All these guys did was win a boat loads of games and regularly competed in NCAA's...clean programs, good kids, won armloads of games and both get canned. W T F. If DU hits the skids, Pio fans will know who to blame.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            Best move, CC fires Scott Owen, hires Gwozdecky.
            Yeah, I am waiting for the latest appearance of Lack of SuCCess.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              I thought he wasn't offered it, hence the saying that "Wisconsin had their chance" or something to that effect.
              My understanding was that they approached him, and he said he wasn't interested.

In any case, Mike Chambers is now saying that Gwoz was fired. (I guess I'm slow on the draw on that one.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Might already be in the works. The next 24-48 will be telling.

Barry may not be a hockey guy, but he's a $ guy and the attendance issues must be on his mind.
                Agreed. I don't think you're off your rocker...BA has to at least be thinking about it.
                Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Wisconsin fires Eaves and Gwoz steps in. The fit is great. Gwoz doesn't have to face his old team and he's now in the bigs with a nearly limitless budget. I see it happening.
                  Then CC can fire Owens and hire Eaves, and UAA can hire Owens. It's all falling into place!

But this still doesn't answer the biggest question: who the **** is DU going to hire that can top Gwozdecky's ability?

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Then CC can fire Owens and hire Eaves, and UAA can hire Owens. It's all falling into place!

But this still doesn't answer the biggest question: who the **** is DU going to hire that can top Gwozdecky's ability?
                    Dave Shyiak *runs*
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Haha! Awesome! Couldn't happen to a bigger d-bag!
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        In any case, Mike Chambers is now saying that Gwoz was fired. (I guess I'm slow on the draw on that one.)
                        I'm reading that on Twitter too from a lot of sources, including I think DU hockey...."released from his contract"
                        Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

Did Hill ever find a job?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

How you didn't win POTY, I'll never know.

FWIW, you got my vote in every round.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Oh man, I'm sorry to hear you got fired, too, bbdl!

Comment

Storrs Place should call Gwoz right now and hire him for whatever he wants. Instant crediblity. Most likely would bring all the kids he's got in the queque from DU.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X