Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gwoz Resigns from DU?

Originally posted by duper View Post
    Didn't he turn that job down last time it was open? Or was he not offered it?

Of course, being happy in current job vs not being happy can make an awfully big difference.

I thought he wasn't offered it, hence the saying that "Wisconsin had their chance" or something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      An interesting theory. Do you know by chance what sport will he be coaching in the B1G?
      Lacrosse

Comment

He's coming to Maine, from what I've heard. They finally finished the evaluation, and Whitey got the ax.
        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

He was forced out according to Mike Chambers for lack of success in the NCAA's. What a joke.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            He's coming to Maine, from what I've heard. They finally finished the evaluation, and Whitey got the ax.
            You wish. Plus, I thought you wanted to take the Dubuque Fighting Saints' head coach and GM?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              He's just freeing himself up in case his dream job opens up.
              Holy crap. What a development.

BA has one of his underlings contact Gwoz's agent, drops a subtle hint. Gwoz is bored with DU, been there a long time, knows b6 is the bigtime, he wants to coach UW before he retires, he jumps at the chance to coach there. So Gwoz is unemployed a few weeks, BA does his due dilligence knowing he's gonna hire Gwoz, then hires him. Book it.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                He was forced out according to Mike Chambers for lack of success in the NCAA's. What a joke.
                This can't be true, he gets them there almost every year. It could be ALOT worse.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Eh, what was I thinking (hoping)?

We're not in the market for a new coach and hockey won't even cross Barry's mind again until October and then it will only annoy him coz someone will want a statement on excitement for the BTHC starting and it will be during football season.

Comment

If that's true, it would be jaw-dropping.

Someone out there is going to be getting a **** good coach for next year.
                    I really hope it isn't Wisconsin.

Comment

Now I'm starting to wonder, what with today being April 1st...

Comment

Norway Teauge we know you can't convince a decent bouncy ball coach to come to the U.
                        But, this one should be a Slam Dunk....Fly to Denver and bring this man to DinkyTown and pay him like DU should have!!

Lucia can't motivate! Can you imagine Gwoz cherry picking the best MN recruits and mixing in his connections for the top USA and Canuck kids? We would never lose again! Hire the man!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          Norway Teauge we know you can't convince a decent bouncy ball coach to come to the U.
                          But, this one should be a Slam Dunk....Fly to Denver and bring this man to DinkyTown and pay him like DU should have!!

Lucia can't motivate! Can you imagine Gwoz cherry picking the best MN recruits and mixing in his connections for the top USA and Canuck kids? We would never lose again! Hire the man!
                          Minnesota would have to resort to hiring a Canadian to win something.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Best move, CC fires Scott Owen, hires Gwozdecky.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Lack of success in the NCAA's? What...this year?

My sources tell me Jerry York is on the chopping block at BC for similar reasons.

Jeebus.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                                Lack of success in the NCAA's? What...this year?

My sources tell me Jerry York is on the chopping block at BC for similar reasons.

Jeebus.
                                FWIW, Gwoz was 1-6 since winning it all in '05.

York only 18-4 in that time frame.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X