Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trolling on USCHO is Going Down the Tubes

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
    As relative newcomer who does NOT understand what trolling is let alone the nuances of said offence, I sure see a lot of references to it. I assume it has something to do with getting under someones ( collective ) skin. I have a small piece of advice, fellow gopher fans ( and anyone else who is sad and has hurt feelings ) DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!!!!! Quit pretending that when you do it or if you agree with it it is funny, and when you didn't and you don't that it is not. You are acting just like the posters that you all make fun of for their asinine posts.( no offense , JDUBBS ) Wipe those tears away, take a nice long bath ( I recommend bubbles ) and laugh your way through a sandwich or two. Really.
    Eh, that's part of the fun of coming here. Pointing out how stupid some posts are and making fun of the posters for doing it.

Comment

This is how it's done:
      Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      You're right. We should spend more time at home pondering our participation banner. Oh wait, we don't have one of those. That's you. Does this year mean that you get to hang a new frozen 4 participation banner too? How exciting!
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        You're right. We should spend more time at home pondering our participation banner. Oh wait, we don't have one of those. That's you. Does this year mean that you get to hang a new frozen 4 participation banner too? How exciting!
        It is more exciting than living in the past. Which is basically all the Gophers have right now. Have fun watching your highlights from 10 years ago!
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I was living off that 1952 tournament, but no more! #self-troll

Comment

Does this make you feel better

*****http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/300273_10200514806928059_1697582191_n.jpg******
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
              It is more exciting than living in the past. Which is basically all the Gophers have right now. Have fun watching your highlights from 10 years ago!
              You guys made the frozen four (nice work) but you haven't won a NC, so don't blow your wad quite yet chief.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                You guys made the frozen four (nice work) but you haven't won a NC, so don't blow your wad quite yet chief.
                We don't have to win an NC to equal the accomplishments of the Gophers over the past handful of seasons. In fact, in the past 5 years, lowly St. Cloud State has more NCAA wins than the Gophers.

I am not blowing my wad, just dishing back some smarm to a Gopher fan who dealt it out.
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

We don't have to win an NC to equal the accomplishments of the Gophers over the past handful of seasons. In fact, in the past 5 years, lowly St. Cloud State has more NCAA wins than the Gophers.

Are they knitting that banner as we speak?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Are they knitting that banner as we speak?
                    Yes, it is just a huge banner with the visage of Jan Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      10-15 years ago the trolling on this place was dynamite.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Indeed. Even the mods flamed back then. Look what Bettman did to college hockey forums, too.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                          I read the post. You are whining sour grapes because your team had an embarrasing knock out again. Trolling is never clever and fun when you are on the other side of it.

I'd honestlly be worried about the heart Lucia's teams exhibit. They were on cruise control until the going got tough.
                          Or maybe other schools should be more worried about their Division 2 upgrade status because the next thing you know not being in the same conference as Wisconsin might bring the end of programs like BSU, MSU, SCSU or even UMD.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I am not blowing my wad, just dishing back some smarm to a Gopher fan who dealt it out.
                            I will give you your wad but act like you have been there.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Indeed. Even the mods flamed back then. Look what Bettman did to college hockey forums, too.
                              The mods still flame today, just in a different way.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                I will give you your wad but act like you have been there.
                                I think the better question is, how did you get his wad in the first place?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X