• Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    FWIW:

Quin - 5-0 (All ECAC)
    Union - 2-2-1 (All ECAC)
    Yale - 1-6-1

All 3 had extra games against each other in the ECAC's so it boiled down to the 3 combined playing a total of 2 non league games against NCAA tourney teams. As a fan I prefer RPI scheduling tougher opponents througout the year but I am not sure it really helps as far as PWR is concerened or as far as peaking your team at the right time.
    Clearly there is a benefit to playing cupcakes outside of your conference when it comes to the common opponents comparison of the PWR. So long as you beat them!

Comment

See alumni thread to find out Bailen's landing spot. Let's just say, I'm right again.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Jenny, he doesn't mean what he types.
        She knows that I ended up marrying her for my money.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Wouldn't it be the other way around, that's she married you for your money, or you married her for her money? I must be missing a trick here...

Comment

It appears that those who may have been concerned about the prospect of BU luring Seth Appert away from Troy can rest easy. Reports indicate that the Terriers' new coach will be David Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              It appears that those who may have been concerned about the prospect of BU luring Seth Appert away from Troy can rest easy. Reports indicate that the Terriers' new coach will be David Quinn.
              Aspy rejoices and offers drinks for everyone at the next tailgate......on him!
              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Reminds me of something my father used to say about my mother: "I chased her until she caught me."

and yes, FD, you did miss something extremely significant.... When DrD married her for his money it meant he wouldn't be giving half of it to anyone else later on, that instead together the two of them would keep it for the rest of their days (less whatever the cats require).
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

FWIW, the RPI Golf team starts its spring schedule on 4/5. I assume that Craig Bokenfohr will be playing again.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    FWIW, the RPI Golf team starts its spring schedule on 4/5. I assume that Craig Bokenfohr will be playing again.
                    I wonder if it will cost triple to have him on your squad during the summer outing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      If he's on scholarship, he can't.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        How did he play in the fall?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Conceivably he could be on an athletic scholarship this semester, but I think that it was mentioned somewhere that he would be playing again in the spring.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            How did he play in the fall?
                            Quite well as I recall.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Reminds me of something my father used to say about my mother: "I chased her until she caught me."

and yes, FD, you did miss something extremely significant.... When DrD married her for his money it meant he wouldn't be giving half of it to anyone else later on, that instead together the two of them would keep it for the rest of their days (less whatever the cats require).
                              That's half of it-the other part is marrying her to have access to all that I gave her over the years! With the jewelry alone she could buy a Bentley or two.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

That's half of it-the other part is marrying her to have access to all that I gave her over the years! With the jewelry alone she could buy a Bentley or two.
                                Get something back that you gave away in the first place? Thank you for reminding me never to get married...

Comment

Working...
                                X