X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season 2013 Part I: We Will Get Our Title Next Season

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Union beating Yale was when our chances fell to 0%. That said, I think you should consider our last game played as the end of our season.
    That's my thought also as to when our season ended.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      And go Brown! If we're going to be eliminated, we might as well have lost to the champions.
      I have often said that, but it is little consolation.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I am rooting for Brown. I don't want Union to do something we have never done, get three bids in a row.
        I some things happen-both Union and Yale could be ousted from the field. This does seem the year for strange things and lots of upsets. I have no further interest though-my team has been eliminated from consideration so I can go back to the rest of my life(for about 190+ days now).
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          That's too obvious. All I'm saying is that Niagara ended our season a day earlier than it had to by guaranteeing an autobid. So I'm looking for poetic justice here. Enough autbids and they are on the outside with only themselves to blame. We at least battled and in reality outplayed a team (Brown) that has smoked everyone else in the ECAC so far. There's no shame in that.
          Unfortunately, with Yale losing to Quinnipiac in the consolation, Niagara can't miss the tournament.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            AspyDad's Annual Awards

MVP: Nick Bailen
            ROY: Jason Kasdorf
            Most Improved: Johnny Rogic
            Parent of the Year: Babo
            Fan of the Year:Fishcore (because I can't give it to myself)
            Worst ECAC Ref: Tie , Baker, Kotrya and Hicks.
            Dr. Sheldon Cooper Award: FDude
            Life Achievement Award: Jack Parker
            College Hockey Marketing Person of the Year:Sachi Ena
            Coach of the Year: Seth Appert
            Aspy: Senna and I are only slightly miffed that we were not chosen co-winners of the Insightful, Witty Banter (IWB) award.... But as always, we'll stay calm and carry on. Watch yer back though....payback....
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

If anyone is wondering who Kasdorf is competing with as far as the Winnipeg system is concerned, one of his peers is starting for UML tonight --- Connor Hellebuyck 6'4 200 (5th rnd. 130th overall - WPG). Has had an equally impressive year -- 17-2, .946 / 1.46
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                If anyone is wondering who Kasdorf is competing with as far as the Winnipeg system is concerned, one of his peers is starting for UML tonight --- Connor Hellebuyck 6'4 200 (5th rnd. 130th overall - WPG). Has had an equally impressive year -- 17-2, .946 / 1.46
                WPG does have quite a little pipeline going in the NCAA (I think they have a third one-Phillips- to add to the list). But as of a couple weeks ago-I believe they had Kasdorf rated slightly higher on their chart of goaltender prospects.
                Last edited by DrDemento; 03-23-2013, 06:48 PM.

Comment

It sort of passed without notice at the time, what with everybody's attention being focused on the hockey playoffs, but RPI announced the hiring of Ralph Isernia as head football coach on March 8.

Isernia apparently has coached some high-powered offenses during his career. Not sure if he's going to have time to recruit the type of players he needs for his system before next season, but in a couple of years it could be fun to watch when RPI has the ball.

I can find no word on what happened to last year's interim head coach, Bob Bodor, but his winning percentage of .556 would be the envy of quite a few past RPI head football coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    It sort of passed without notice at the time, what with everybody's attention being focused on the hockey playoffs, but RPI announced the hiring of Ralph Isernia as head football coach on March 8.

Isernia apparently has coached some high-powered offenses during his career. Not sure if he's going to have time to recruit the type of players he needs for his system before next season, but in a couple of years it could be fun to watch when RPI has the ball.

I can find no word on what happened to last year's interim head coach, Bob Bodor, but his winning percentage of .556 would be the envy of quite a few past RPI head football coaches.
                    Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully now the program can settle down and get back to the success of the King era. I suspect recruiting will take a little time to get going but I think we got ourselves a quality guy. One of our neighbors had a kid at Bucknell about 5-10 years ago and i believe Isernia was on the staff there then. The kid was a monster offensive lineman and actually got a try out with an NFL team. I know this is the hockey thread-but we are off season now-and this is the kind of news that is just great to hear.

Comment

Today is 24 March 2013. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2013 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks to our seniors and to the whole team and coaches for what I see as 'a turnaround year.' Thank you for all your effort... now to build on this good year. Looking forward to next year already!
                        Here we come!

Comment

Bryce and Burg off to the ECHL, and Bailen is off to the AHL. They're still technically seniors, not YET to the alumni thread...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Bryce and Burg off to the ECHL, and Bailen is off to the AHL. They're still technically seniors, not YET to the alumni thread...
                            Do you know what teams?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Do you know what teams?
                              Greg to Bakersfield would be a good guess...Nicky to Rochester based on being in Buffalo's camp last year? No teams mentioned... https://twitter.com/search?q=seth_appert&src=typd
                              Last edited by turk181; 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM.
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Greg to Bakersfield would be a good guess...Nicky to Rochester based on being in Buffalo's camp last year? No teams mentioned... https://twitter.com/search?q=seth_appert&src=typd
                                Oh, that was the source!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X