2013 NCAA Quarterfinal: Clarkson @ Boston University 3/16 @ 3pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NCAA Quarterfinal: Clarkson @ Boston University 3/16 @ 3pm

The last game hasn't gotten any love, so here is a thread for it.

Also, here is the link to the live free stream (3pm)
    http://ulive.cbssports.com/index-ncaa.html?media=378751

Re: 2013 NCAA Quarterfinal: Clarkson @ Boston University 3/16 @ 3pm

Thanks for starting a thread. Not sure why nobody created one before, because it shapes up to be a good game. I'd expect a low-scoring contest, but then I wasn't expecting BU to play a 7-8 game last year, so who knows.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Thanks for starting a thread. Not sure why nobody created one before, because it shapes up to be a good game. I'd expect a low-scoring contest, but then I wasn't expecting BU to play a 7-8 game last year, so who knows.
      Agree, expect this to be a good game. Even though these two teams don't often play each other, lots of former team mates on each side of the puck in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Agree, expect this to be a good game. Even though these two teams don't often play each other, lots of former team mates on each side of the puck in this one.
        I'm looking forward to seeing Clarkson play, as I can't remember when I saw them last, and they have some dynamic players. Hopefully BC - Harvard solve their problems in regulation!
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Lots of talent on both teams - should be a really good game. Both teams have top notch goaltenders and great offensive threats so it'll be interesting to see if this is a defensive battle or a more high scoring affair. I think key for BU is to stop taking so many darn penalties. We were lucky not to get burned against NU but not sure the same will be said against Clarkson. Good luck to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
            Lots of talent on both teams - should be a really good game. Both teams have top notch goaltenders and great offensive threats so it'll be interesting to see if this is a defensive battle or a more high scoring affair. I think key for BU is to stop taking so many darn penalties. We were lucky not to get burned against NU but not sure the same will be said against Clarkson. Good luck to both teams.
            I think ditto for Clarkson as far as taking penalties. If BU can stop Rattray and Mercer, I think Clarkson will be in trouble. Clarkson only skates 3 full lines so as the game wears on, in the third period they may have difficulty keeping up with BU. Howe has to play great in goal.

I am hoping that the women can solve the post season jinx that has haunted the men's program when playing BU. I will definitely be watching this one tomorrow at 3PM. LGT LGT LGT.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

All Aboooaaard!

Last train to Clarkson!...Tickets, please.

I hope Rattray dazzles and the team plays well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                Clarkson has a very good PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  All Aboooaaard!

Last train to Clarkson!...Tickets, please.

I hope Rattray dazzles and the team plays well.
                  If there is one thing I can't stand, it is that Train Horn at Clarkson. Not cause I detest the team, but cause it is so fricken loud, it could pop your ears out. As soon as Clarkson scores a goal at Cheel. my first reaction is to cover my ears. First time I heard that thing, almost had a heart attack. If you are at the end where the band is, it blows you out of your seat.

Comment

If there is one thing I can't stand, it is that Train Horn at Clarkson. Not cause I detest the team, but cause it is so fricken loud, it could pop your ears out. As soon as Clarkson scores a goal at Cheel. my first reaction is to cover my ears. First time I heard that thing, almost had a heart attack. If you are at the end where the band is, it blows you out of your seat.
                    The first time I heard it, apart from being loud, I thought it was great...goes perfectly with the "last train" analogy.

Clarkson factoid:

All the players except one is from Canada including the two co-head coaches. The one player who is not is from Little Canada, Mn. (which is a suburb of St. Paul).

What are the odds of that?

Comment

Too bad the game is being played at Walter Brown.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                        The last game hasn't gotten any love, so here is a thread for it.

Also, here is the link to the live free stream (3pm)
                        http://ulive.cbssports.com/index-ncaa.html?media=378751
                        and the award for worst video quality in an NCAA game goes to... BU!
                        "Is that net regulation sized or what?"

Comment

So with Cornell and Harvard losing, the ECAC Banner is being carried by Clarkson and they are losing 1-0 after 1. The difference so far in the first 2 games, GOALTENDING. Maschemayer's five hole and Slobodnick's penchant for rebounds were no match for the solid goaltending from the BC and Mercyhurst goalies.
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Must be a brown out in Baston or they're using those curly light bulbs.

Howe's slides look really slow...could cost her. It might have already on Kohanchuk's goal but without instant replays..not sure.

Why does this game feel like a yawner?

Comment

2 goals for BU in 26 seconds. That game changed quickly.

4-1 BU with 10:12 to play.

Clarkson answered in 12 seconds, 4-2 BU.

Crazy 38 seconds.
                              BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                              CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                              2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                              2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X