Ohio State vs Minnesota 3/8 WCHA Final Face-Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota 3/8 WCHA Final Face-Off

Ohio State swept Minnesota-Duluth last weekend to advance to the WCHA Final Face-Off. Their reward for their work in Duluth? They get to face 36-0 #1-ranked Minnesota. This will obviously be a tall task, but Ohio State played two competitive games against Minnesota last month so confidence shouldn't be an issue. The big question mark for this one will be execution, both offensively and defensively. Will the Buckeyes be able to execute Friday the way they did in the Duluth series? We will find out Friday night. Wish I was able to make the trip!

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota 3/8 WCHA Final Face-Off

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Ohio State swept Minnesota-Duluth last weekend to advance to the WCHA Final Face-Off. Their reward for their work in Duluth? They get to face 36-0 #1-ranked Minnesota. This will obviously be a tall task, but Ohio State played two competitive games against Minnesota last month so confidence shouldn't be an issue. The big question mark for this one will be execution, both offensively and defensively. Will the Buckeyes be able to execute Friday the way they did in the Duluth series? We will find out Friday night. Wish I was able to make the trip!
    With the way the Gophers have played all season an execution is exactly what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
      With the way the Gophers have played all season an execution is exactly what will happen.
      Love the play on words Hux but I've come to understand that nothing is a given in the playoffs. Over the years I've seen too many upsets to count. And no matter what the odds may be:

Confidence is good, but
      Over-confidence is bad!

So far the latter has not been a problem.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Love the play on words Hux but I've come to understand that nothing is a given in the playoffs. Over the years I've seen too many upsets to count. And no matter what the odds may be:

Confidence is good, but
        Over-confidence is bad!

So far the latter has not been a problem.
        True enough, but the Gophers are like an avalanche running full steam downhill and you are at the bottom. You know it is going to hurt when it hits, you just don't know how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
          True enough, but the Gophers are like an avalanche running full steam downhill and you are at the bottom. You know it is going to hurt when it hits, you just don't know how much.
          The Gophers are definitely on a roll, an unprecedented roll, no question about that. I've said on other threads, no matter what happens Friday, I feel like Ohio State's program is moving in the right direction with Coach Handrahan and his assistant coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
            The Gophers are definitely on a roll, an unprecedented roll, no question about that. I've said on other threads, no matter what happens Friday, I feel like Ohio State's program is moving in the right direction with Coach Handrahan and his assistant coaches.
            Agree.

Comment

I guess my question is does anybody know if there will be internet broadcasts of the games?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I guess my question is does anybody know if there will be internet broadcasts of the games?
                Hockeyebuckeye, thought I read somewhere that the games would be available online, but now I am having trouble finding a link. Maybe the Gopher fans can help us out on that. I could not find anything regarding the games being online, other than an audio link on the Minnesota site.
                Last edited by osualum86; 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM.

Comment

All WCHA FINAL FACE-OFF games will be streamed live (at no charge) on the WCHA Website (at ). Jack Swanson and Laura Halldoson will provide play by play and color.
                  That is from the WCHA release. I imagine they will have a link up on Friday.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I would hope they do. I know with the men's games video link info sometimes doesn't appear until late in the week or on gameday.

Comment

This might be a link that will work on game day
                      http://www.americaonesports.com/part...ers.asp?id=409

Comment

For OSU to win. Knapp would have to have the best game of her career and possible as I'm sure shots will be 2-1. If the Bucks get into penalty trouble it will be a long night. Hoping for a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          All WCHA FINAL FACE-OFF games will be streamed live (at no charge) on the WCHA Website. Jack Swanson and Laura Halldoson will provide play by play and color. I imagine they will have a link up on Friday.
                          That is what I saw the other day, and for some reason, I could not find it today.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
                            ... I'm sure shots will be 2-1.
                            I don't know; shots were 2-1 back in October, but they weren't when the teams played in February.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Sharing here as well...
                              Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                              This week's game notes from Minnesota - Gophers Host WCHA Final Face-Off, Open with Ohio State
                              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X