Maine @ New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
    I started a lot of the griping on this thread about UNH's treatment of STHs but to be fair they hardly get any funding from the state.
    Live free or die. If the school doesn't get much funding it would seem all the more reason to keep season ticket holders happy, but I guess there are a lot of shortsighted people out there. Hopefully at some point we get decent administration at both Maine and UNH. It's disappointing going to games and only seeing rinks half full.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: Maine @ New Hampshire

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      I didn't continue to complain. KIA, said it wasn't kicked in, and that it happened with no time left, both of which were incorrect. Enjoy the past, Michigan tech.
      At least we have a past to enjoy
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
        My God you UNH people are ridiculous! Yes he KICKED THE PUCK IN and got away with it! So what! It was 2003. Live in the present. As for me I will just continue to live in 1999, MARCUS GUSTAFSON scores on his own rebound and the MAINE BLACK BEARS are National Champions!
        MY GOD!!!! you cannot give them an inch... WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

next they are going to try and say that Smith accidentally nudged Bishop when we all know full well that it was a full speed cross check to the chin.

; )

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
          That's Lake Superior State East to you pal.
          I know, it's not like he's never heard of Sault Ste. Orono

Comment

I like living in 2002 as well as 1999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4UVra5hdc

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
              One last thing. Does anybody on here have an idea how much the student activity fee is now? I thought I saw something in a New Hampshire article that it was up near a $1,000.
              It was $954 for the fiscal year of 2013, and the students are fighting to have this reduced (see link to article):
              http://www.tnhonline.com/student-sen...7#.UTdOPTCR-Tk

Comment

Back to the future!! Is Maine hockey relevant anymore? Answer; not even close!

Will Maine gives us fits this weekend? Probably. Umile will have the boys ready though I think. Friday will be fun to watch and depending on what happens Saturday could be too.
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Back to the future!! Is Maine hockey relevant anymore? Answer; not even close!

Will Maine gives us fits this weekend? Probably. Umile will have the boys ready though I think. Friday will be fun to watch and depending on what happens Saturday could be too.
                  Is UNH any more relevant? I think you would have a tough time making that case. I can't even remember the last time they made the hockey east championship game.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Is UNH any more relevant? I think you would have a tough time making that case. I can't even remember the last time they made the hockey east championship game.
                    Yes, UHN is relevant. How, I couldnt tell ya.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

From "UNH Regains Edge - Downs UMass 4-0"
                      "It's been 6 years since UNH played in the Hockey East Championship game and 10 years since their last appearance in the NCAA Frozen Four. If the Wildcats reach either goal this spring, they can mark the last-second, tying goal against UMass on Friday and the convincing 4-0 win on Saturday as the first step."
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                        I started a lot of the griping on this thread about UNH's treatment of STHs but to be fair they hardly get any funding from the state.
                        To be fair on UNH funding the state of New Hampshire is terrible at funding the state school. I am certain the UNH admin does not want what little they get to go away but the funding is pathetic. Additionally the funding comes with strings attached; it can only be used for academics. That means housing, dinning, athletics all has to either be self-funded or come out of tuition and fees. The state money cannot be used for those aspects of the University. With strings always comes some reporting to prove you are following the rules, so I am sure they have some irritating reports to do.

Additionally the state isn't willing to back UNH. As an example for the Whitt to be constructed UNH had to have all the money in donations. They couldn't go get a capital loan because the state wouldn't back stop the loan.

Now just because the State screws the University does not mean athletics should skin the fans. Latest bit i heard is the Friends of Hockey are no longer going to sell merchandise. I don't know if it because the Friends doesn’t want to - didn't get that much detail yet. But the University is getting an outside firm to sell the merchandise. So instead of the profits from a volunteer group going 20% to athletics (there current cut) and the rest to the hockey team booster club, somebody will take a profit cut and then pass the rest (likely) to the Athletic Department. I just can’t see how this is going to be in the interest of the hockey team and department in general, further clueless behavior.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                          Boy seems like yesterday..but this will be our week.......well hopefully
                          Yeah. A couple regular season wins on your home ice against a crappy Maine team oughtta secure bragging rights for the next decade. Maybe you should raise a banner.
                          Last edited by rufus; 03-06-2013, 12:28 PM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                            It was $954 for the fiscal year of 2013, and the students are fighting to have this reduced (see link to article):
                            http://www.tnhonline.com/student-sen...7#.UTdOPTCR-Tk
                            That is the Athletics fee, which differs from the Student Activity Fee. I think Greg was referencing the article you linked, but just asked about a different fee. No doubt the university is gauging students with the near $1000 annual athletics fee that I would guess has at least doubled since I graduated in '00. As the article alludes to, there is no way the average student gets their money's worth attending even just a handful of games each year.

The Student Activity Fee at $99 annually is far and away more reasonable and offers students much more for the money through The New Hampshire, SCAN, Student Senate, and WUNH, to name a few.

See the link below for all tuition and mandatory fees:

http://www.unh.edu/business-services/tuitug.html

Comment

I am amazed they are so clueless about managing the fan base.

The problem is they haven't followed the supply and demand curve back down and there was a significant level a jaskassery when they were at the top. It seems to me more important to sell out at a lower price per ticket then 60% fill at a higher price. A sell out and scarcity will drive demand again. Now because you haven't followed the demand curve and you treated paying customers like ***** you will have to get below "fair" market value to get people interested in the deal before you can come back up to the value it should be which is lower than what it is today.

It is like the concessions. Bring the prices down and get more volume. I don’t buy any concessions at the games; I either eat before or after. Let consider $3.25+ (whatever it is today) for a bottle of Coke it is outrageous. Make the prices more reasonable with OK food and you will get people to eat at the game running profits up.

Further there is a need to find and drive energy into the building. That means telling the few complainers that people cheer at hockey games, instead of the current policy of trying to quiet and dull down the cheering public for the knitters that want some quiet during the game. Scarcity + Energy = Value

It also means finding better ways to have fan amenities, delighters if you want for the fans. They need some novel ideas to get out of the stale environment that has formed.

Sorry this is probably the wrong thread it should be in the UNH season not the Maine game thread.
                              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

God, that was a great game.

That first UHN rush shown, was that a Maine defenseman crushing him at the blue line? Nah, couldn't be.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X