No announcement yet.

Annual NU Elimination party weekend. March 8&9 - BU v NU home/home extravaganza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annual NU Elimination party weekend. March 8&9 - BU v NU home/home extravaganza

So...on a somewhat more serious note. The possibilities have become clearer for BU. If we win two games we will most likely finish fourth and get home ice, since it's unlikely Providence (2 points ahead of us currently) will sweep Lowell. Even if they split, a tie will give us fourth due to our 2-0-1 head to head record against them. Of course, we'll probably play them either way (we'll likely finish fourth or fifth as will they).

Comment

Re: Annual NU Elimination party weekend. March 8&9 - BU v NU home/home extravaganza

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I'm most interested to see if the puckstar will man up and shake Jack's hand!
      as i understand it, the first game between the two (last Jan at matthews) there was no shakegate. it wasn't until the season ending h/h that Vincent decided to turn away.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        So...on a somewhat more serious note. The possibilities have become clearer for BU. If we win two games we will most likely finish fourth and get home ice, since it's unlikely Providence (2 points ahead of us currently) will sweep Lowell. Even if they split, a tie will give us fourth due to our 2-0-1 head to head record against them. Of course, we'll probably play them either way (we'll likely finish fourth or fifth as will they).
        So you're telling me there's a chance.

Just kidding. It would be an absolute miracle if this team won both of these games. Seriously, if BU beats NU twice this weekend, Parker might as well throw his hat into the ring to be the new pope. Hey at least he'd never quit like the last guy.

Jack Parker: To the bitter end/From my cold dead hands/Good news everyone

Comment

What was the "official" reason for Vinnie getting turfed? Been so many of them I can't keep it straight anymore. I predict BU splits this weekend as after losing to NU Parker promises to retire if they win Saturday's game. After BU comes out like gangbusters and runs NU off the ice, Parker will then announce he's changed his mind and will be sticking around after all. PC loses both to Lowell so we back into 4th place. Parker rump swabbers immediately declare this a victory and evidence that the coach should be offered a 20 year extention to take him to his 90's birthday.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Oh what the heck.. since it's Huskies- Terriers..

i predict lots of '2 minutes for ruffing' penalties
            (couldn't resist)

.. enjoy the gms everyone.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              Hey at least he'd never quit like the last guy.
              Well, now that's a cheap shot, don't you think? He quit because he's dying...

But anyway, back to hockey. Of course it would be a miracle. I was just pointing out the fact that they still have control in their hands. I didn't say they were GOING to win! Given the season they've had, it's a miracle that they don't have to depend on the outcome of other games. Usually at this point in the season we're going through all these permutations, so I just thought I would distill it down and comment that it was more "simple" this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Parker rump swabbers immediately declare this a victory and evidence that the coach should be offered a 20 year extention to take him to his 90's birthday.
                I'm not sure these people even exist anyone. Certainly close to extinction at this point.

Comment

Hey at least he'd never quit like the last guy.
                  Well, now that's a cheap shot, don't you think? He quit because he's dying...
                  I thought Terrance was referring to Vincent.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Oh what the heck.. since it's Huskies- Terriers..
                  i predict lots of '2 minutes for ruffing' penalties (couldn't resist)
                  .. enjoy the gms everyone.
                  Holy freaking cow that is so bad you should be ashamed of yourself.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                    Holy freaking cow that is so bad you should be ashamed of yourself.
                    ..gms goin' to the dogs..
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths BU will go to to make sure they get their $$$$.

BU Hockey: Home Quarter Finals Guaranteed
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        It never ceases to amaze me the lengths BU will go to to make sure they get their $$$$.

BU Hockey: Home Quarter Finals Guaranteed
                        All HEQF ticket revenue goes to the league. BU may keep some concessions though, not sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          I thought Terrance was referring to Vincent.
                          Dangling participle...I guess. I said PARTICIPILE!

Comment

It would be an absolute miracle if this team won both of these games.
                            You clearly don't realize how bad NU is. And this time we don't have Roy to single-handedly beat you guys. But yeah, if Parker goes 0-4 or 1-3 against this Northeastern team, he should be fired on that alone.

My sole prediction is Rawlings will get pulled on senior night and it will be the most fitting thing of all time.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              You clearly don't realize how bad NU is.
                              And YOU don't realize how schizophrenic BU is. I don't have much confidence we can win BOTH games...I'm just hoping they will decide to show up and actually make a concerted effort, but you never know what you will get from one night to the next. One would think after the Beanpot embarrassment there would be more motivation, but that doesn't appear to be this team's makeup.

Comment

Glad this is in TV tonight.... Mookie ain't driving in with this crap
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X