• Show
Clear All

• Coaching changes 2013

NEC - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5230440

Re: Coaching changes 2013

Paulson left?

Comment

Nichols College is looking for their 4th coach in a season in a half per the AHCA website

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
        Nichols College is looking for their 4th coach in a season in a half per the AHCA website
        This is surprising - I thought Campbell was well-liked (unless she left for somewhere else on her own).

Probably ought to add the U Conn head coach position to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          This is surprising - I thought Campbell was well-liked (unless she left for somewhere else on her own).

Probably ought to add the U Conn head coach position to the thread.
          I think the turnover rate has more to do with $$ than results.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
            I think the turnover rate has more to do with $$ than results.
            Makes sense.

Comment

Buffalo State and Amherst are looking for coaches.

http://ahcahockey.com/jobs/

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                Buffalo State and Amherst are looking for coaches.

http://ahcahockey.com/jobs/
                What a shame for Amherst. Once the best DIII Womens hockey program less than 5 years ago, now can't seem to hold a coach. Very odd for one of the finest private colleges in the country. May they land a reliable and successful coach who will make Amherst his/her home for many years to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                  What a shame for Amherst. Once the best DIII Womens hockey program less than 5 years ago, now can't seem to hold a coach. Very odd for one of the finest private colleges in the country. May they land a reliable and successful coach who will make Amherst his/her home for many years to come!!
                  I wouldn't read too much into that posting. Matthews was hired as "Interim Head Coach." I would guess, without knowing, that he'd have an inside edge on the search process.

Comment

There are still lots of weird things going on at Amherst.

Comment

They let a really good candidate IMHO get away to Hamilton.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                        There are still lots of weird things going on at Amherst.
                        That is tantalizing and unnecessarily vague. If it is private then keep it private and don't dangle comments lacking in detail - please. I mean this in a friendly, polite way.
                        Last edited by OneTimer; 03-25-2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                          That is tantalizing and unnecessarily vague. If it is private then keep it private and don't dangle comments lacking in detail - please. I mean this in a friendly, polite way.
                          Apologies.
                          I go to a lot of games and you hear a lot of stuff. How much of what you hear around the rink do you take as gospel?
                          I am not a member of the Amherst community and have never spoken with Coach Matthews. I do find the use of the "interim" tag inappropriate, unless a coach has taken a leave and the replacement is in fact a place holder. When a top college like Amherst, where many coaches measure their tenure in decades, has a coach depart, as Coach Plumer did, in good time and on a friendly basis, it amazes me that the best the college can do is conduct a search and then appoint an "interim" coach, as they did with Coach Johnson. Coach Matthews obviously did them a big favor coming on board at such a late date prior to last season. How effective recruiting can be done by an "interim" head coach? What kind of support is the Amherst AD providing this program? What I characterize as weird is this seeming willingness to let a top flight program wither.

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                            Apologies.
                            I go to a lot of games and you hear a lot of stuff. How much of what you hear around the rink do you take as gospel?
                            I am not a member of the Amherst community and have never spoken with Coach Matthews. I do find the use of the "interim" tag inappropriate, unless a coach has taken a leave and the replacement is in fact a place holder. When a top college like Amherst, where many coaches measure their tenure in decades, has a coach depart, as Coach Plumer did, in good time and on a friendly basis, it amazes me that the best the college can do is conduct a search and then appoint an "interim" coach, as they did with Coach Johnson. Coach Matthews obviously did them a big favor coming on board at such a late date prior to last season. How effective recruiting can be done by an "interim" head coach? What kind of support is the Amherst AD providing this program? What I characterize as weird is this seeming willingness to let a top flight program wither.
                            I do have a (very) little insight into the recruiting situation at Amherst this past year and can say that IMO Coach Matthews did an admirable job in attracting players on a short timeline. He did lose 1 (maybe 2) top end recruit to another NESCAC as a result of the late coach change and the several weeks when they were without a coach. But his recruiting class is pretty solid and should not hurt Amherst in the future, which is what you would expect normally in that kind of situation. Many kids come to Amherst because it is Amherst, knowing full well that the chance that the coach who recruits you is the coach when you graduate is a very slim chance at best.

I will say that based on his recruiting and the performance of the team it will be surprising to me if he does not stay at Amherst unless he chooses to leave for other opportunities.

Comment

UConn - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5287475/1,false

Union - http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs#/detail/5287278/1,false

Comment

Working...
                              X