2013 Alaska Governors Cup - Next year we play for keeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Alaska Governors Cup - Next year we play for keeps

Ok, Donald, people responding to Donald, if you guys want to have your guys' Internet slap fights, so be it. Create a *ing thread for it and have at it, but lets keep that stupid * out of here.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Ok, Donald, people responding to Donald, if you guys want to have your guys' Internet slap fights, so be it. Create a *ing thread for it and have at it, but lets keep that stupid * out of here.
      Agreed.

FIRE DAVE SHYIAK and lets throw in campbell blair as well. if Dave goes, campbell should as well.
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        I sure hope so. I still have a case of Wylie Rogers Collector Snow Globes to unload. And if you’re one of the next 20 callers, I’ll “throw in” a Shyiak Commemorative Water Bottle. As I recall, it had more ice time than some of UAAs often penalized bad boyz. Get yours autographed before it’s too late. I have to save a couple sets for Alaska Hockey, but other than that they're all up for grabs.

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/Hockey%20Gifs/WylieinGlobe.jpg******

*****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/Hockey%20Gifs/Water_Bottlecopy.jpg******
        when you send them could you drape them in a couple of those Baby Blue throwback sweaters that a big cheese on muck dreamed up. I still have some of those early “Butterbean” posters that you wanted maybe I will let a couple of those go……
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post

Personally, I'm wondering if Wylie Rogers has any eligibility left.
          He probably did until the university’s NCAA compliance director blew the whistle on the institution’s incompetent advising and sports eligibility systems advisor.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            And he is king of butt hurt, so yeah, seems likely.
            I feel you still contain some diaper rash from the 10-11 first round spanking and shutout UAA put on Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              He probably did until the university’s NCAA compliance director blew the whistle on the institution’s incompetent advising and sports eligibility systems advisor.
              He is on the UAF alumni roster. I guess I get to bust out "Roggggggers! Why you always put on the red light!" again.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Agreed.

FIRE DAVE SHYIAK and lets throw in campbell blair as well. if Dave goes, campbell should as well.
                Not sure if that would happen. When a head coach leaves the assistants generally stay on for one year more. Then the University gives the new head coach a chance to bring in his own assistants. At least that is what has happened in the past.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just getting this off page 3.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Just getting this off page 3.
                    and i'm moving it off page 2

FIRE DAVE SHYIAK!!!
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Calling for a split, Fairbanks at home, Anchorage at home and then a shootout, best guess who wins that, we each have such a high octane offense.

Comment

For the Seawolf fans, here's Curtis Glencross doing what he does best:
                        ******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G00Gbe_zmO0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G00Gbe_zmO0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

For the Seawolf fans, here's Curtis Glencross doing what he does best:
                          ******* width="560" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G00Gbe_zmO0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G00Gbe_zmO0?hl=en_US&version=3&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
                          Too bad he plays on a Horrible squad (can say that as a flames fan)

Comment

He was so much fun to watch. I still remember when he came out of the penalty box, intercepted the puck and undressed the UA_ goalie to score. Fun stuff.
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                              Calling for a split, Fairbanks at home, Anchorage at home and then a shootout, best guess who wins that, we each have such a high octane offense.
                              On paper this should be an easy sweep for us but with rivalries you can forget about the stats. We are a better skating club with a decent offense when we get rolling. Our PP, PK, shots on goal, goals scored, etc are all better.

I think this series rests on Keeney's shoulders. If he has a brain fart somewhere along the way UAA could steal one. If he stays solid and we play our game, we win both. To be blunt we haven't played well since the end of January. Need to drop the hammer and quit making Harlem Shake videos for YouTube.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                On paper this should be an easy sweep for us but with rivalries you can forget about the stats. We are a better skating club with a decent offense when we get rolling. Our PP, PK, shots on goal, goals scored, etc are all better.

I think this series rests on Keeney's shoulders. If he has a brain fart somewhere along the way UAA could steal one. If he stays solid and we play our game, we win both. To be blunt we haven't played well since the end of January. Need to drop the hammer and quit making Harlem Shake videos for YouTube.
                                Just remember, when UAA went 0-fer in the WCHA (under John Hill), the one team they did beat was UA_.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X