Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    OK, now I am curious. No horse in this race either but the scorboard is not updating. Who is reffing? A few come stright to mind, Hersey being one. I swear when he did our last game the other ref tried to beat him to the window to get the call right and the linesmen were frustrated gym teachers trying to call a square dance in the circle (you get out and you get in...)
    millea and dave hansen

umo player was in the crease and even stumbled when the contact was made with the bu goalie. guilty!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      millea and dave hansen

umo player was in the crease and even stumbled when the contact was made with the bu goalie. guilty!
      um player out of the crease before the shot, goalie sticks hits lomberg skate.....4-3 maine win.
      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        um player out of the crease before the shot, goalie sticks hits lomberg skate.....4-3 maine win.
        Can you post that video. The only angle they showed on TV was directly above the crease.

Comment

whitehead happy with tie....sigh....its what we're stuck with
          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
            Can you post that video. The only angle they showed on TV was directly above the crease.
            he must have been viewing the ****ing zapruder film!!

Comment

You know what is sad! And I have been very apathetic this year regarding Maine. But as JR said on NBC the official had to be a BU a alum! It's one thing if there is an interference it is another thing when officials overrule a legitimate goal! One of the worst calls you will ever see to overturn a goal by Maine. I am absolutely disgusted!!!!!!! It is one thing to have your team stink all year, it is another to have officials SCREW you out of a win on Nation TV! Joe Bertagna you should be embarrassed for what is purportedly the best league in the country to make a call as ridiculous as that one.

I would FIRE both officials on the spot!!!! Sorry I am Disgusted by what I saw! I have attended on average 20 games a year, this year I have been to two and why go to any more IF this is the kind of officiating you are going to see. JR said it, the WORST call he has seen and after watching college hockey for 33 years I have to agree. Joe you should be embarrassed!!!! And I am BS!
              Last edited by BobF; 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                You know what is sad! And I have been very apathetic this year regarding Maine. But as JR said on NBC the official had to be a BU a alum! It's one thing if there is an interference it is another thing when officials overrule a legitimate goal! One of the worst calls you will ever see to overturn a goal by Maine. I am absolutely disgusted!!!!!!! It is one thing to have your team stink all year, it is another to have officials SCREW you out of a win on Nation TV! Joe Bertagna you should be embarrassed for what is purportedly the best league in the country to make a call as ridiculous as that one.

I would FIRE both officials on the spot!!!! Sorry I am Disgusted by what I saw! I have attended on average 20 games a year, this year I have been to two and why go to any more IF this is the kind of officiating you are going to see. JR said it, the WORST call he has seen and after watching college hockey for 33 years I have to agree. Joe you should be embarrassed!!!! And I am BS!
                karma... dive brought on the pp anyhows. all is good in the world.

Comment

Root for UML. Getting goals called back happens so much the oldtimers barely react anymore.

Comment

Had the game on in the background (since MN was obviously on TV ) and it was a good goal. Tough break.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Root for UML. Getting goals called back happens so much the oldtimers barely react anymore.
                      the intent to blow the whistle was clearly heard.... er, seen. ah. well it was

Comment

the intent to blow the whistle was clearly heard.... er, seen. ah. well it was
                        ah yes I saw, er heard, er saw it....

Comment

karma... dive brought on the pp anyhows. all is good in the world.
                          Mookie it is interesting how rational you can be when you have no dog in the fight!:-} But you still don't overturn that goal as an official!

Comment

Originally posted by BobF View Post
                            Mookie it is interesting how rational you can be when you have no dog in the fight!:-} But you still don't overturn that goal as an official!
                            mookie thought it was a goal. but he'll take it!

Comment

I agree it looked like a good goal. Certainly much less interference than when d-bag Diamond backed into O'Connor earlier in the game (Yes, he has won, because I absolutely hate the guy and that is his goal). But I'd be curious to hear an explanation as to what specifically they saw that they felt should negate the goal. Was there contact? Yes. Did it seem to impact O'Connor's ability to make the save? I don't think so.

Anyway, BU played their typical game lately. Start well, then suck for the rest of the game. They couldn't complete a breakout over the last 45 minutes of the game. Maine looked like they had an extra guy most of the way. They were just more determined.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Anyway, BU played their typical game lately. Start well, then suck for the rest of the game. They couldn't complete a breakout over the last 45 minutes of the game. Maine looked like they had an extra guy most of the way. They were just more determined.
                                Well Maine did have an extra guy for the better part of the second... Gotta cut down on the penalties. Hard to gauge effort when you are gassed from being on the PK half the night.

Comment

Working...
                                X