Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - BU = Pretty Sad

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
    After reading several posts I can't help wonder when it became an infraction to screen the goaltender? Come on for crying out loud, it's hockey. Let the players determine the outcome not the ref's. Jackie's skill at manipulating the officials shouldn't be a factor in the outcome and shame on the officials for even being part of the story. Where was Tim when his players were getting hosed yet again?
    Don't think it was Parker at all. I just think the refs did a bad job. Bad calls both ways for sure. This no-goal call was really egregious though.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

I wanna know why we spend so much to bribe the refs, and Parker controls everything from the league officials on down, and we're still losing?

That being said: Holy freaking cow that Diamond goal was a SNIPE.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

On a different note, why was BU's third goal not reviewed? I was sitting right behind the Maine bench and from there it looked like Oksanen might have used a high stick to redirect it in. I'm not saying it was definitely a high stick, but they used video review two or three other times, why not then?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
          I wanna know why we spend so much to bribe the refs, and Parker controls everything from the league officials on down, and we're still losing?

That being said: Holy freaking cow that Diamond goal was a SNIPE.
          The referees can only do much. They tried real hard to give you the Crockpot semifinal against Northeastern but finally just gave up when BU refused to capitalize time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by rude1979us View Post
            On a different note, why was BU's third goal not reviewed? I was sitting right behind the Maine bench and from there it looked like Oksanen might have used a high stick to redirect it in. I'm not saying it was definitely a high stick, but they used video review two or three other times, why not then?
            I know...let's review EVERY play! That way the concessions people can make more money and we can spend five hours at the game! They already ruined football, so why not hockey too? Doesn't it just do your heart good to see them review a play 617 times and STILL get it wrong? I love the way everyone crucifies the referees. As if the players NEVER make a mistake. I've had always maintained this - if you put yourself in a position where one bad call can beat you, then you DESERVE to lose. Period.

Enough of this already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              A good indication that there was no goaltender interference on the play was that O'Connor didn't say a word to the referee after the goal. If there is even the slightest hint of something the goaltender will usually run screaming to the referee about interference or a high stick or something. Look at O'Connor's body language after the goal. He knew it was a good goal.
              or perhaps he is the lone adult on the team and doesn't feel the need to act the amateur referee nightly
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A good indication that there was no goaltender interference on the play was that O'Connor didn't say a word to the referee after the goal. If there is even the slightest hint of something the goaltender will usually run screaming to the referee about interference or a high stick or something. Look at O'Connor's body language after the goal. He knew it was a good goal.
                Excellent point made.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  BUT, he wasn't "out of the crease" during the whole time O'Connor was trying to see the puck, including after it was shot. Just because he moved his skate outside the blue area one millionth of a second before the puck got there doesn't mean he didn't impair O'Connor's vision and thus, his ability to REACT TO and make a PLAY on the puck. And if you want to say that players screen the goalie all the time - yes they do, but from OUTSIDE the crease.

It's like if you faceguard a wide receiver (hold your hands directly in front of his face) and then pull them away at the last second. You can't expect someone to react when he has been unable to see until the last microsecond. Maybe it was "weak," but it was the right call. And you have to make these calls in a vacuum...you can't be influenced by something that may or may not have happened earlier (as some have alluded to).
                  I thought they changed the rule, that a player can be in the crease as long as no goalie interference takes place?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I thought they changed the rule, that a player can be in the crease as long as no goalie interference takes place?
                    i saw the cheater stumble in the video. unless he can't skate, that means contact. that means interference.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i saw the cheater stumble in the video. unless he can't skate, that means contact. that means interference.
                      Why is your goalie a cheater? He take lessons from Curry?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Why is your goalie a cheater? He take lessons from Curry?
                        goalie didn't stumble the bear did. too much puddin'

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          I know...let's review EVERY play! That way the concessions people can make more money and we can spend five hours at the game! They already ruined football, so why not hockey too? Doesn't it just do your heart good to see them review a play 617 times and STILL get it wrong? I love the way everyone crucifies the referees. As if the players NEVER make a mistake. I've had always maintained this - if you put yourself in a position where one bad call can beat you, then you DESERVE to lose. Period.

Enough of this already!!!
                          Spoken like a fan who didn't have his team robbed by the refs last night.

Comment

The referees can only do much. They tried real hard to give you the Crockpot semifinal against Northeastern but finally just gave up when BU refused to capitalize time and time again.
                            Well I'd like a better return on my investment, if you don't mind. I'm going to start throwing more money.
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

After two periods, Maine had 7 PPs and BU had 1. If the refs were in Jack's back pocket, they had a funny way of showing it. Did BU deserve to have more penalties than Maine? Definitely. By a 7-1 margin after 2 periods? Me thinks not. Diamond not getting an initial call when Megan went ballistic would have been an opportunity. So would the time he backed into O'Connor with no push from the BU d-man.

I thought the goal should have counted. But I don't know the rules the way the refs do. For them to do a review and decide to negate it - if it was so obviously a bad call to take off the goal, wouldn't they be hurting their future employment opportunities? They had to know that it would be something that Bertagna would likely be brought in on - a likely GWG in the third period. And yet they still waved it off.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                                why was it a joke?
                                you are adding that there must be contact with the goalie for a proper "no goal" call.
                                they got it right.
                                The joke comment was an observation of them whenever BU has been lucky enough to draw them. Really not a fan of Millea.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X