Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs. Bye

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Cue argument between SCSU fans in 3..2...1...
    Right now we need to re-energize before arguing, soon enough though.

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
      Right now we need to re-energize before arguing, soon enough though.
      Yeah, well, what the hell do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
        Brought my stepdad to the game who has never seen the Huskies play, but kept saying "Wow that 26 is really good." Guess it says something if a player can be recognized by his play on a given night and not his reputation..
        I'm surprised it was 26, he's not one of our two guys.
        "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

Cue argument between SCSU fans in 3..2...1...
          Can you provide a topic please?
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

* yawn *

This thread is not as interesting. Bye sweeps us.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              Can you provide a topic please?
              How about Nic Dowd for Hobey? Biddco LOVES Nic Dowd, and when the Wild make his bobblehead in a couple years I am gonna make sure to give him one. Hopefully it has his long flowing hair
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                How about Nic Dowd for Hobey? Biddco LOVES Nic Dowd, and when the Wild make his bobblehead in a couple years I am gonna make sure to give him one. Hopefully it has his long flowing hair
                Shouldn't we argue about something more off topic though? Maybe about the who has the best chance at becoming the next pope. Surely that can rip us apart.

Comment

The merits of 19th Century British Expansion into Colonial Africa.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

This
                    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Nic Dowd sucks
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

They had no merit to do so. It help to set back the continent of Africa more. The repercussions of their expansion are still felt today.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

They had no merit to do so. It help to set back the continent of Africa more. The repercussions of their expansion are still felt today.
                          But in the socio-political environment that was 19th Century Europe, did they really have any other options? In my mind if the British had not made attempts to colonize Africa, the French and Dutch would have dominated the continent and thus dominated the natural resources that Africa possessed. While one can argue that British control of India and Hong Kong would have at least mitigated, at least to some extent, the effects this had on the British Empire, I feel that had the British completely steered clear of Africa, it would have had drastic effects on the overall landscape within the Western European Power Sphere.
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yah, what you said. Europe is officially the worst country on earth.

Comment

But in the socio-political environment that was 19th Century Europe, did they really have any other options? In my mind if the British had not made attempts to colonize Africa, the French and Dutch would have dominated the continent and thus dominated the natural resources that Africa possessed. While one can argue that British control of India and Hong Kong would have at least mitigated, at least to some extent, the effects this had on the British Empire, I feel that had the British completely steered clear of Africa, it would have had drastic effects on the overall landscape within the Western European Power Sphere.
                              Great point. an argument could be made that the British received more from other colonies in the Middle East, India (their self described crown jewel) and other parts of the world than their African colonies. It certainly would be fascinating to see what would have happened to the british if they did not go into Africa.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

This seems like a wonderful topic for a Roundtable Discussion. We could have our own version of The McGlaughlin Group in this thread. Oh what fun that would be!
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X