RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Jen and I have been up there for 2 of the 3 times we swept. We have seen a couple splits and usually the double losses. I have not done the math about other trips we have made-but out of 240 total points possible up there-we have managed only 68 total. That is just one tough trip for us. I never kept track of the Cornell/Colgate trips since we only attended a couple of those and did not bother with the other trips since the partners have changed a few times.
    I used to do a lot of road trips back when I was single and when the old Friends of RPI Hockey used to have bus trips to road games but not much anymore. Have only done the North Country trip twice. Once they picked up 3 points with a tie of Clarkson and a win at Canton and the other time we were swept which included being blown out by SLU in one of the few games in my lifetime when I left a game early (think they lost something like 9-2).

Comment

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (2/8, 2/9)

win/win 4 points= 3 times.
      I was right. Once before I went to RPI, 84-85, and then a few years ago.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I know my freshman year, we picked up at least 6 points on the entire series (swept in the NC, we won Black Friday over CCT), checking CHS... that's what I thought, lost the SLU game, couldn't pick up the entire sweep.

Comment

Close-once in the seventies (perhaps 77-78) once in the 2003-2004 era (when we had a rather poor record) and of course 84-85

Jenny and I missed the most recent win/win but were there for the other 2. We have had a few other opportunites by winning the first game-but something always seemed to happen to affect the second game from being a win-usually just good play from the opposition but as i mentioned-some rather weird calls and non calls. Tonight-remains to be seen. I just hope they let them play and call only the obvious.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 02-09-2013, 01:45 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Close-once in the seventies (perhaps 77-78) once in the 2003-2004 era (when we had a rather poor record) and of course 84-85
            Now I have to do research. I thought the first time was before I was at RPI.

Edit: You're correct. It was 77-78. BTW, it was 2004-5, but that is the same era.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-09-2013, 01:52 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Now I have to do research. I thought the first time was before I was at RPI.

Edit: You're correct. It was 77-78. BTW, it was 2004-5, but that is the same era.
              It is certainly time for another shot at it. The other numbers do not stand out (3 point and 2 point and 1 point weekends). But the 28 zero points versus 3 four points really tells quite a story about this series of games. I have always looked at those numbers like I look at our overall record against Denver-with a bit of awe.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
              X