SCSU @ UND 1-25/1-26, Stearns County vs. Stearns County North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU @ UND 1-25/1-26, Stearns County vs. Stearns County North

Well, that was the worst I've seen at home since Mankato swept us in '02. The trap is working for St. Cloud. Jacques Lemaire would be blushing at that performance...
    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
      Well, that was the worst I've seen at home since Mankato swept us in '02. The trap is working for St. Cloud. Jacques Lemaire would be blushing at that performance...
      Ok, everybody go home... this post just won the internet. Worst game they've played in a decade at the Ralph and we won because we trap. Yeah... ignore all the people without a dog in the fight posting how good we looked.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Can't say I've heard us accused of being a trap team before but if it works, I'll take it.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Ok, everybody go home... this post just won the internet. Worst game they've played in a decade at the Ralph and we won because we trap. Yeah... ignore all the people without a dog in the fight posting how good we looked.
          It was pretty obvious after the first goal 5 minutes into the game. SC had all 5 guys sitting back, waiting. It's the philosophy of one goal is enough to win the game, which almost happened.

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Trap teams don't throw over 30 shots on goal.

Comment

It was pretty obvious after the first goal 5 minutes into the game. SC had all 5 guys sitting back, waiting. It's the philosophy of one goal is enough to win the game, which almost happened.
              So bc on one goal we were all playing defense we're a trap team?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
                Trap teams don't throw over 30 shots on goal.
                Take it easy, SCSU played a great game. I was just complimenting their defense tonight. Very impressive. It was a downright clinic out there.

Comment

You don't know what a trap is, do you? Hint: It has nothing to do with sitting back and waiting.

Comment

I take it this is the first St. Cloud game you've seen this year. A one goal lead is NOT safe.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      I take it this is the first St. Cloud game you've seen this year. A one goal lead is NOT safe.
                      No, I haven't seen them on TV but I am impressed. Let's not get into a war over the trap argument. What I observed was a sound defense that didn't let UND carry the puck past the red line without some kerfuffle. Let's just leave it at that. If SCSU wins tomorrow, they win the Cup.

Comment

No, I haven't seen them on TV but I am impressed. Let's not get into a war over the trap argument. What I observed was a sound defense that didn't let UND carry the puck past the red line without some kerfuffle. Let's just leave it at that. If SCSU wins tomorrow, they win the Cup.
                        I choose to wait to count my chickens until after we play Minnesota.
                        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

What I observed was a sound defense that didn't let UND carry the puck past the red line without some kerfuffle.
                          Which you define as "the trap?"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Which you define as "the trap?"
                            It was good defense.

Comment

It was good defense.
                              Good defense doesn't mean we trap or that the trap is the only way to play good clogging defense which it seems is what you are implying.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle..._OEM_ID=13500#

Not only highlights and a little analysis but also a post-game interview with Hakstol. Holy ****... did Nic Dowd drown his puppy? He looks ****ED! Also his stare right into the camera is really creepy... like shortbus creepy

Comment

Working...
                                X