Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tUMD @ CC - Home Ice Fight

Originally posted by fireman8 View Post
    Tigers are definitely ready for a break out. Offensively they have been consistent and scored a lot. Currently they rank 8th in team offense. Defensively the past few months they have been unbearable to watch at times. Sloppy puck handling and mediocre goaltending have contributed to CC's slide. That being said, they played Nodak very well this weekend and looked much better in their defensive zone. Howe and Thorimbert took the brunt of the criticism early on but they have played better. Most of the blame should shift to the defense. Don't really know much about UMD other than their record says they've struggled a bit as well. Glad the Connellys won't be here. Those guys killed us the past few years. Any UMD fans making the trek down?
    Originally posted by samboni View Post
    This will be the first time in over two months that CC has played a team with a sub-.500 record (vs. Bemidji Nov. 9-10). After a pretty good showing at NoDak, CC could be ready for a break-out type weekend. First home games for the Tigers in over 40 days. A sweep puts the Tigers right in the middle of the battle for home ice.
    It would seem that both fanbases are feeling confident after the last weekend. perhaps that means a split on the weekend...

And this attempt doesn't look so sad now that we have CC and UMD fans who seldom post...posting!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
      No doubt...

Note to fans, the Golden Bee is closed for renovations for like a year or something.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You really need to. It's not that expensive of a flight (usually around $250 top end or so, round trip). It's a nice city, lots of stuff to do, and lots of good townie places, too.
      Townie bars...? Meh...

If the Golden Bee is closed then I am not missing anything. By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.
        By the time you go there you'll be 65, and you'll finally look 30.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Okay Im here to talk now too. I'm gonna say this will be a very high scoring series. Yup. I went there.
          The University of Minnesota Duluth

Tweet -> @Matt_Christians

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Townie bars...? Meh...

If the Golden Bee is closed then I am not missing anything. By the time I am able to go to there it will be open.
            By townie I don't mean your backwoods bars. I mean the stuff that tourist people don't know about/etc because they aren't the almighty Bee. There's some good eats/drinks to be had.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I previewed the series on the blog. I'll post the link below... But this is my official USCHO prediction... Dogs take Friday 5-3 but lose Saturday 4-1.

Here's the preview... Enjoy! -> http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.co...o-college.html
              The University of Minnesota Duluth

Tweet -> @Matt_Christians

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                By townie I don't mean your backwoods bars. I mean the stuff that tourist people don't know about/etc because they aren't the almighty Bee. There's some good eats/drinks to be had.
                When I hear townie I think of a townie bar in Superior.

Originally posted by Strictly_Business View Post
                Okay Im here to talk now too. I'm gonna say this will be a very high scoring series. Yup. I went there.
                How did you come up with that prediction?

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                By the time you go there you'll be 65, and you'll finally look 30.
                And I'm okay with this!
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_Business View Post
                  I guess that isn't entirely out of the realm of possibilities. UMD doesn't score a ton of goals, but CC gives up quite a few so......
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                    Note to fans, the Golden Bee is closed for renovations for like a year or something.
                    http://www.thebroadmoorblog.com/tag/golden-bee/

I guess 5 months is equal to a year for the townies...

Comment

When I hear townie I think of a townie bar in Superior.

How did you come up with that prediction?

And I'm okay with this!
                      And how!
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        And how!

Great to see UMD pull out a road victory. They have a great record in their last 7 WCHA games and hopefully they can get the sweep tonight. It will be a tough one to get. Sounds like Howe played extremely well but could have done better on the final UMD goals.

Only two points out of first place!!*

Great to see this team finally figure it out and hopefully they can make a run the rest of the year.

*UMTC and UND have two games in hand.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                        X