Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

If your the Gophers just get your spilt and avoid any major injuries. Both teams are going to the NCAA's. I hate watching North Dakota play hockey. Dirtiest team in college hockey every year and its not even close. North Dakota fans will say its "old time hockey", but anytime you punch or slash after the whistle it should be a penalty - Period

PS: The Gophers should also be called for penalties if they chose to play that "after the whistle" North Dakota BS
    Last edited by 80Miracle; 01-13-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
      If your the Gophers just get your spilt and avoid any major injuries. Both teams are going to the NCAA's. I hate watching North Dakota play hockey. Dirtiest team in college hockey every year and its not even close. North Dakota fans will say its "old time hockey", but anytime you punch or slash after the whistle it should be a penalty - Period
      do you need a tissue?

Comment

Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
        Good luck with this position buddy. Sic 'em Dirty.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Ski yo momma!
        Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
        Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

Die, Whioux. I hope you burn in hell. I hate all your fans and hope that rabid huskies anally rape you all.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            do you need a tissue?
            This guy/girl comes in every Minnesota/North Dakota series and says the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure his/her 31 posts are almost entirely on this one imaginary issue.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

As for this series, it is definitely one of the top 3-4 series of the year for me. This year, these two squads are both loaded with talent and championship contenders. Home ice will be big for Minnesota, as North Dakota has struggled on the big ice sheet this season, losing to Alaska, SCSU, Notre Dame (200x90), and CC, going 3-4-0 on the road on the big ice. Conversely, the Gophers are 15-2-3 on the big ice (Vermont 200x90) and 11-1-1 at home. Minnesota also appears to be playing better hockey than North Dakota at the moment, especially after destroying Notre Dame and BC in the last couple weeks. North Dakota has struggled in their last 3 games, but did manage to win 2 of them. I would imagine a very physical series, yet clean series, as both teams are in the bottom half in penalty minutes, but have plenty of bruisers throughout each lineup.

My breakdown:

Offense: Push

North Dakota has the better top end scoring, featuring Danny Kristo and Corban Knight, each of whom are in the top 3 nationally scoring. However, Minnesota has more depth, and can certainly match North Dakota's talent player for player and line for line. Minnesota currently has the top goals/game in college hockey at 3.82, but North Dakota is no slouch there either, putting up an average of 3.45 goals/game. In conference, North Dakota averages a league best 3.71 goals/game, while Minnesota notches a solid 3.36 goals/game against WCHA foes.

Defense: Slight Edge Minnesota

The Gophers have a very strong blue line, featuring a mix of 8 players that can start on any given day. Their depth and quality have paid dividends, as Minnesota has allowed only 1.82 goals/game. North Dakota has a strong group as well, featuring 7 players that can start on any given day. However, UND has allowed an average of 2.50 goals/game. Both teams are susceptible to getting caught up ice and making defensive miscues. In WCHA play, Minnesota allows only 2.42 goals/game, while North Dakota allows only 2.64 goals/game. Both teams have very strong blue lines, and both teams' blue lines are capable of lighting the lamp. Minnesota's 8 blue liners have combined for 59 points (10-49-59), while North Dakota's 7 blue liners have combined for 60 points (13-47-60). All together, it is a very close matchup, but I give the slight edge to Minnesota for their overall numbers.

Goaltending: Slight Edge Minnesota

Adam Wilcox has been phenomenal thus far this season. Overall, he leads the WCHA with a 1.65 GAA. However, he has been far more human in conference play, posting a 2.13 GAA. Meanwhile, Clarke Saunders has done a solid job in net for North Dakota, posting a 2.28 GAA overall and 2.69 GAA in conference games. It might seem that Minnesota has a clear edge here, but when comparing Save % numbers (arguably more indicative of how good a goalie is than GAA), Saunders has a .911 save % in WCHA play compared to Wilcox's .903. Overall, Wilcox has a .925 save % compared to Saunders .919. However, it can be argued that Saunders has faced more difficult competition than Wilcox (North Dakota has the 12th most difficult SOS compared to the Gophers 26th according to KRACH). Both goalies have been prone to the occasional softie, but at this point in the season, I feel that Wilcox has been just slightly more consistent in net than Saunders, thus the slight edge to the Gophers.

Special Teams: Edge Minnesota

The Gophers have the 2nd best Powerplay (25%) and 6th best PK (90.5%). North Dakota has the 13th best Powerplay (21.11%) and 37th ranked PK (81.7%). While UND's powerplay numbers have improved over the past two weekends, Minnesota has arguably the best special teams in all of college hockey. In this area, the Gophers have a decided advantage. The caveat here is that neither team takes all that many penalties. However, in what should be a tight game, special teams will likely make a big difference.

Intangibles: Edge Minnesota

As stated above, Minnesota dominates on the big ice, while North Dakota struggles. If this series were in Grand Forks as opposed to Mariucci, I would be inclined to say a big edge exists for North Dakota (the Gophers have only played 2 games on NHL ice going 1-1-0 against Michigan Tech). It will certainly be a big series for both teams, as each looks to gain ground on the other in the race for the MacNaughton, but it is difficult to come to any other conclusion than Minnesota has a big edge at home over North Dakota. Further, Minnesota has played very well of late (minus the game on Friday), and has beaten some very difficult competition in the last few weeks.

Series Prediction:

The games will be close. I certainly don't see either game getting out of control. Both teams are very talented, and if the series were played at the Ralph, I might be inclined to give North Dakota the edge. However, it is at Mariucci, and this just might be the Gophers year to win a whole lot of hardware. Minnesota sweeps 4-3, 5-3.
              Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM.
              North Dakota

Comment

JFC, its January and Hak is still trying to figure out line combinations, what goalie to play, and moving defensemen to forward. I think getting out of town without any injuries is the best we can hope for. 8-0 Friday and 12-1 on Saturday for minny.
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Gophers 14-0 Friday, 26-2 Saturday. The two goals are scored when Lucia decides not to risk injury, and sends out six ACTUAL gophers with little sticks taped to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                    Gophers 14-0 Friday, 26-2 Saturday. The two goals are scored when Lucia decides not to risk injury, and sends out six ACTUAL gophers with little sticks taped to them.
                    Just got a dirty look from some guy in Barnes and Noble for laughing loudly at this.

Comment

tArrogance is swelling in here.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        As for this series, it is definitely one of the top 3-4 series of the year for me. This year, these two squads are both loaded with talent and championship contenders. Home ice will be big for Minnesota, as North Dakota has struggled on the big ice sheet this season, losing to Alaska, SCSU, Notre Dame (200x90), and CC, going 3-4-0 on the road on the big ice. Conversely, the Gophers are 15-2-3 on the big ice (Vermont 200x90) and 11-1-1 at home. Minnesota also appears to be playing better hockey than North Dakota at the moment, especially after destroying Notre Dame and BC in the last couple weeks. North Dakota has struggled in their last 3 games, but did manage to win 2 of them. I would imagine a very physical series, yet clean series, as both teams are in the bottom half in penalty minutes, but have plenty of bruisers throughout each lineup.

My breakdown:

Offense: Push

North Dakota has the better top end scoring, featuring Danny Kristo and Corban Knight, each of whom are in the top 3 nationally scoring. However, Minnesota has more depth, and can certainly match North Dakota's talent player for player and line for line. Minnesota currently has the top goals/game in college hockey at 3.82, but North Dakota is no slouch there either, putting up an average of 3.45 goals/game. In conference, North Dakota averages a league best 3.71 goals/game, while Minnesota notches a solid 3.36 goals/game against WCHA foes.

Defense: Slight Edge Minnesota

The Gophers have a very strong blue line, featuring a mix of 8 players that can start on any given day. Their depth and quality have paid dividends, as Minnesota has allowed only 1.82 goals/game. North Dakota has a strong group as well, featuring 7 players that can start on any given day. However, UND has allowed an average of 2.50 goals/game. Both teams are susceptible to getting caught up ice and making defensive miscues. In WCHA play, Minnesota allows only 2.42 goals/game, while North Dakota allows only 2.64 goals/game. Both teams have very strong blue lines, and both teams' blue lines are capable of lighting the lamp. Minnesota's 8 blue liners have combined for 59 points (10-49-59), while North Dakota's 7 blue liners have combined for 60 points (13-47-60). All together, it is a very close matchup, but I give the slight edge to Minnesota for their overall numbers.

Goaltending: Slight Edge Minnesota

Adam Wilcox has been phenomenal thus far this season. Overall, he leads the WCHA with a 1.65 GAA. However, he has been far more human in conference play, posting a 2.13 GAA. Meanwhile, Clarke Saunders has done a solid job in net for North Dakota, posting a 2.28 GAA overall and 2.69 GAA in conference games. It might seem that Minnesota has a clear edge here, but when comparing Save % numbers (arguably more indicative of how good a goalie is than GAA), Saunders has a .911 save % in WCHA play compared to Wilcox's .903. Overall, Wilcox has a .925 save % compared to Saunders .919. However, it can be argued that Saunders has faced more difficult competition than Wilcox (North Dakota has the 12th most difficult SOS compared to the Gophers 26th according to KRACH). Both goalies have been prone to the occasional softie, but at this point in the season, I feel that Wilcox has been just slightly more consistent in net than Saunders, thus the slight edge to the Gophers.

Special Teams: Edge Minnesota

The Gophers have the 2nd best Powerplay (25%) and 6th best PK (90.5%). North Dakota has the 13th best Powerplay (21.11%) and 37th ranked PK (81.7%). While UND's powerplay numbers have improved over the past two weekends, Minnesota has arguably the best special teams in all of college hockey. In this area, the Gophers have a decided advantage. The caveat here is that neither team takes all that many penalties. However, in what should be a tight game, special teams will likely make a big difference.

Intangibles: Edge Minnesota

As stated above, Minnesota dominates on the big ice, while North Dakota struggles. If this series were in Grand Forks as opposed to Mariucci, I would be inclined to say a big edge exists for North Dakota (the Gophers have only played 2 games on NHL ice going 1-1-0 against Michigan Tech). It will certainly be a big series for both teams, as each looks to gain ground on the other in the race for the MacNaughton, but it is difficult to come to any other conclusion than Minnesota has a big edge at home over North Dakota. Further, Minnesota has played very well of late (minus the game on Friday), and has beaten some very difficult competition in the last few weeks.

Series Prediction:

The games will be close. I certainly don't see either game getting out of control. Both teams are very talented, and if the series were played at the Ralph, I might be inclined to give North Dakota the edge. However, it is at Mariucci, and this just might be the Gophers year to win a whole lot of hardware. Minnesota sweeps 4-3, 5-3.
                        Tradition: Edge North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Oh boy...
                          North Dakota

Comment

Tradition of Goonery: Edge North Dakota
                            Fyp.

Check mark!
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I'm pretty sure JDUMBBS is suspended(self imposed or otherwise) and thank god after that comment, talk about pulling the derail switch on the tracks sheeeeesh!
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

You call it goonery. We see guys who won't back down from a handshake.

Comment

Working...
                                X