Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ Minnesota : 1/11/13 and 1/12/13

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    And it can easily be argued that Hegelgoonson's vicious elbow to the head should have warranted ejection from the game. I thought contact to the head penalties this year were a point of emphasis.
    Given the rules it should have been 5.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      And it can easily be argued that Hegelgoonson's vicious elbow to the head should have warranted ejection from the game. I thought contact to the head penalties this year were a point of emphasis.

So what you really have is ONE kid on the Gopher team who got away with two major penalties in the same game.
      Supposed to be, but the Badgers threw 3 elbows to the head last weekend that didn't get called. One happened as our player was leaving the ice to go to the bench, it was particularly nasty.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        Given the rules it should have been 5.
        So UAA should have had a 5 minute pp, and the Gophers were gifted one. Sure sounds like the game was tilted by poor officiating.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          So UAA should have had a 5 minute pp, and the Gophers were gifted one. Sure sounds like the game was tilted by poor officiating.
          No - it was a 5 check from behind.

Comment

I'm not, but I don't have all the stats before me. Do you?
            No, but I remember attending a game in 2007 or so when Ben Gordon got called for a 2-minute roughing penalty as he was getting his head slammed repeatedly into the ice.

If the Gophers receive a disproportionate amount of calls from the refs, why do we hate them just as much as the other fanbases?

Comment

Gifted my ***, textbook cfb and it was an easy call to make. To think otherwise is laughable.

Comment

Here is an idea, maybe UAA shouldn't have allowed us to score on the 5 min PP, you can kill them off you know, it is legal.

You guys whine more than Jan Brady U

Comment

Am I the only one who hasn't seen an angle that shows Helgy's elbow getting him in the head? Serious question.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Here is an idea, maybe UAA shouldn't have allowed us to score on the 5 min PP, you can kill them off you know, it is legal.

You guys whine more than Jan Brady U
                    Lets not be silly here.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Am I the only one who hasn't seen an angle that shows Helgy's elbow getting him in the head? Serious question.
                      It was pretty obvious during the replays shown during the game. I think Helgeson didn't get 5 is due to the angle the ref had. He could see the elbow come up, but I think Helgeson's body was in the way to actually see where he made contact.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                        Gifted my ***, textbook cfb and it was an easy call to make. To think otherwise is laughable.
                        I guess some of the Gopher fans are "laughable" then.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          Lets not be silly here.
                          At least every time we lose it's not a referee conspiracy.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            You need to pick up the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              I can't think of one instance this entire season where a UAA fan has said that was the case. But here we have Gopher fans actually stating the CFB was a bad call.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

MN Gophers 4, UAA Seawolves 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X