X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ Minnesota : 1/11/13 and 1/12/13

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Hahaha.

I was just about to post that I hoped Harley hadn't left for the night, as there is a gentleman in this thread who clearly needs some help in fleshing out a methodology for his research.
    I live and breathe this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      That's because MN didn't quit when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor.
      Don't stop him, he's on a roll.

Comment

That five minute major came just 99 seconds after UAA scored to take the lead. They were looking to call something. Anything. And Tyler Currier's stumbling crash into the boards while brushing up against the kid gave them exactly what they were looking for. It wasn't even a real two minute penalty. Plenty of other crap went uncalled all night (i.e... a Hegelgoonson CFB for one). But everyone knows if the Gophers are behind late in the game against the 50th ranked team in college hockey and some kid on the opposition makes the mistake of trying to get to the puck when it's near a Gopher on the boards that he's going to the box.

At least there's a couple of gopher fans not defending the late xmas present from these two referees. One of the retards was one of the same involved in that DU/Cornell debacle. His name Chris Perrault. If he is listed as one of the referees tomorrow night then Shyiak should keep his team in the locker room.

Comment

Wow a Whioux fan whining about the refs in a Gopher thread, color me surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            That five minute major came just 99 seconds after UAA scored to take the lead. They were looking to call something. Anything. And Tyler Currier's stumbling crash into the boards while brushing up against the kid gave them exactly what they were looking for. It wasn't even a real two minute penalty. Plenty of other crap went uncalled all night (i.e... a Hegelgoonson CFB for one). But everyone knows if the Gophers are behind late in the game against the 50th ranked team in college hockey and some kid on the opposition makes the mistake of trying to get to the puck when it's near a Gopher on the boards that he's going to the box.

At least there's a couple of gopher fans not defending the late xmas present from these two referees. One of the retards was one of the same involved in that DU/Cornell debacle. His name Chris Perrault. If he is listed as one of the referees tomorrow night then Shyiak should keep his team in the locker room.
            Haha classic tin foil hat stuff here, love it!

Comment

You forgot the part where you passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Exactly. The Gophers didn't find a way to win tonight, UAA found a way to lose.
                Again.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The call being questionable I can agree with. This absurd conspiracy stuff just slays me though.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                    Wow a Whioux fan whining about the refs in a Gopher thread, color me surprised.
                    Really? Where?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: UAA @ Minnesota : 1/11/13 and 1/12/13

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      You forgot the part where you passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.
                      Nearly 25,000 posts on USCHO and at this late stage in your posting career all you can add to this thread is ridiculous sarcasm? Perhaps a great while ago you should have moderated yourself so you don't end up looking like another Old Pio.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        The call being questionable I can agree with. This absurd conspiracy stuff just slays me though.
                        Helgesons hit earlier in the game was more severe than the 5 that Currier took. Such is the life of a Seawolf fan.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Are we assuming, for the sake of this argument, that the Gophers have NEVER been on the receiving end of a questionable call?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Helgesons hit earlier in the game was more severe than the 5 that Currier took. Such is the life of a Seawolf fan.
                            And it can easily be argued that Hegelgoonson's vicious elbow to the head should have warranted ejection from the game. I thought contact to the head penalties this year were a point of emphasis.

So what you really have is ONE kid on the Gopher team who got away with two major penalties in the same game.

Comment

Nearly 25,000 posts on USCHO and at this late stage in your posting career all you can add to this thread is ridiculous sarcasm? Perhaps a great while ago you should have moderated yourself so you don't end up looking like another Old Pio.
                              Thought I'd follow your example. I remember when you were witty, not bitter.

And it's not late stage....not terminal yet.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                                Are we assuming, for the sake of this argument, that the Gophers have NEVER been on the receiving end of a questionable call?
                                I'm not, but I don't have all the stats before me. Do you?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X