Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA @ Minnesota : 1/11/13 and 1/12/13

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    All of the neg reps are probably anonymous too, I'm sure!!
    Of course! They're too chicken ***t to ever sign them! Just like the last one.

Big talkers on the message boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      *****https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/10933_1187629083955_7501029_n.jpg******.
      Godammit, has that thing ever worked?

Comment

<---- Eagerly awaiting a free Culver's custard.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Godammit, has that thing ever worked?
          Yes. Multiple times.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes. Multiple times.
            I trust you, but my only memories are of it not working out.

Comment

Yes. Multiple times.
              Every bye week!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I trust you, but my only memories are of it not working out.
                Remember, Friday is part of the week, not the weekend.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Important weekend for Minnesota. It's time to stop leaving points on the table.
                  On your sig, I'm guessing its Notre Dame and BC went down like a 3 dollar "hooker"? How would you know? Care to share your experience with the brethren here?

Comment

Considering the ongoing semantic debate that accompanies that post-it note, the image du'nt mean dick to me.

This really IS an important weekend for MN. Games against UND, DU, SCSU and even MSU have the potential of going the wrong way even if MN plays pretty well. So this is a weekend to bank some points. If the team is serious about repeating as MacNaughton Cup winners they will come out ready to play, take care of business and grab all the points on the line.
                    I think this is a weekend that will tell us a lot about the intent of this squad.

I'm not expecting (or hoping for) anything too exciting this weekend. I'm only hoping for a sense of relief. And no, Harley, not the kind of relief that a $3 hooker provides. I'm looking for the kind that stems from coming out and doing what needs to be done. No pats on the back. No high-fives. Just do what you should do.

I'm sure some UAA fans will take offense to that attitude. I would too if I were a Seawolves fan. But truth is truth. If MN comes out prepared and maintains effort and focus for 120 minutes, they should be able to absorb any bad luck and/or UAA surge and come away with 4 pts.

That's what championship teams do, and I think this MN team is good enough to win a championship or two.
                    Last edited by Stauber1; 01-10-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

UAA preview from Gophersports

Minnesota just closed out its nonconference schedule with an 8-0-0 record, but 16 league games remain on the team's calendar -- meaning nothing is guaranteed for the nation's top team.

The Gophers (14-3-3 overall, 6-3-3 WCHA) return to conference action this weekend with a pair of league games at Mariucci Arena against Alaska Anchorage. Friday's series opener is scheduled for an 8 p.m. start time (BTN, 1500ESPN) while Saturday is set for the traditional 7 p.m. puck drop (FOX Sports North, 1500ESPN).

Minnesota picked up three WCHA points earlier this season in Anchorage, picking up a 4-0 win over the Seawolves on Nov. 9 before settling for a 2-2 overtime tie the following night.

"It was hard to score goals," Minnesota head coach Don Lucia said of the first two meetings.

"In six periods of hockey, we only scored one 5-on-5 goal. They aren't an easy team to score against. They're not a high-powered, offensive team, but they make it miserable, and you have to try to win a 2-1, 3-2 type of game."

Additionally, Christian Isackson commented on his second period goal that was featured as the No. 10 play on SportsCenter's nightly Top Ten on Tuesday.

"I got the easy part of it," Isackson said. "A.J. Michaelson made a great play by taking the guy with puck and it kind of squirted out to me."

Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        I'm sure some UAA fans will take offense to that attitude. I would too if I were a Seawolves fan. But truth is truth. If MN comes out prepared and maintains effort and focus for 120 minutes, they should be able to absorb any bad luck and/or UAA surge and come away with 4 pts.

That's what championship teams do, and I think this MN team is good enough to win a championship or two.
                        None taken. We're terrible. That's why you haven't heard much from us.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          I'm only hoping for a sense of relief. And no, Harley, not the kind of relief that a $3 hooker provides.
                          Out of curiosity, what kind of relief DOES a $3 hooker provide? Seems you have some experience.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            None taken. We're terrible. That's why you haven't heard much from us.
                            ^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

Comment

Hope the Gopher players don't read ^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                                Out of curiosity, what kind of relief DOES a $3 hooker provide?
                                Just a bit less than a $4 one...
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X