Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Neither are upstate. They are very much Western. The only person we have associated directly with the RPI hockey team that is from Upstate NY is Mark Miller (Massena).
    Let's stop this. Don't you think that it has run its course?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Let's stop this. Don't you think that it has run its course?
      Absolutely not. I take offense to being lumped in to an entire part of a state just because it isn't NYC, when there are numerous cultural differences across the state.

In any case, if we want to talk recruits, I wonder what's going on with Melanson? Perhaps the big pond is a bit unsettling?

Comment

Neither are upstate. They are very much Western. The only person we have associated directly with the RPI hockey team that is from Upstate NY is Mark Miller (Massena).
        Jesus H. Christ - nobody gives a flying **** what upstate is literally defined is ! Even I live in Albany and dont care, and can certainly tell you that everyone in NYC think of "upstate" as anything north of the Bronx and that dividng up as you are incessantly doing is meaningless and irrelevent, because nobody every really cares - except for, evidently, you alone. PLEASE STOP.

Comment

In any case, if we want to talk recruits, I wonder what's going on with Melanson? Perhaps the big pond is a bit unsettling?
          He's further from the Atlantic Ocean than last year.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
            Jesus H. Christ - nobody gives a flying **** what upstate is literally defined is ! Even I live in Albany and dont care, and can certainly tell you that everyone in NYC think of "upstate" as anything north of the Bronx and that dividng up as you are incessantly doing is meaningless and irrelevent, because nobody every really cares - except for, evidently, you alone. PLEASE STOP.
            Seconded.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Seconded.
              Motion carried.

Comment

He's further from the Atlantic Ocean than last year.
                *facepalm* Not that big pond...

I'm talking about the USHL. Similar to how JL scored a goal a game in Ontario, yet has had some difficulty in college.

Comment

*facepalm* Not that big pond...

I'm talking about the USHL. Similar to how JL scored a goal a game in Ontario, yet has had some difficulty in college.
                  I knew that of course. I am still optimistic that he will pick up his game the rest of this season. I think JL had a different problem -- lack of better competition. He stagnated somewhat in the CJHL.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
                    Motion carried.
                    Who made you the boss?

I wonder if SA has any more NYers up his sleeve (regardless of cultural area)...

Comment

Who made you the boss?

I wonder if SA has any more NYers up his sleeve (regardless of cultural area)...
                      i suspect that he does. BTW, Jenn Godin of Clarence Center is the only woman from NYS. I was going to add recruit Katie Rooney, but she is from the wrong Buffalo.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

i suspect that he does. BTW, Jenn Godin of Clarence Center is the only woman from NYS. I was going to add recruit Katie Rooney, but she is from the wrong Buffalo.
                        I remember passing Buffalo once or twice on I-94 on the trip to St. Cloud (I didn't get lost, just went to the Mall of America), and thought to myself, "Why is Buffalo so small?"

Good to see we're picking up a lot of the Buffalo area, although I suspect RIT isn't too thrilled with that.

Comment

I remember passing Buffalo once or twice on I-94 on the trip to St. Cloud (I didn't get lost, just went to the Mall of America), and thought to myself, "Why is Buffalo so small?"

Good to see we're picking up a lot of the Buffalo area, although I suspect RIT isn't too thrilled with that.
                          I am happy and really quite surprised that we are getting more NYS recruits in the SA era. In the recent past most that we got were from the CD. We seemed to have little chance against the other NYS teams from those from further north or west.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gawd. We're still arguing this? Enough already.

Anyway, what difference does it make whether they come from NY State, California, or Slovakia? When they get here, they are all Engineers!

Comment

Re RIT: We got Bourbonnais whose father and uncle both played there.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Gawd. We're still arguing this? Enough already.

Anyway, what difference does it make whether they come from NY State, California, or Slovakia? When they get here, they are all Engineers!
                                I agree that it doesn't make a difference when they get to RPI, but discussing where we get recruits from seems to me to be on topic -- certainly more so than discussing geography or Troy brothels.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X