Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
      Where are the predictions?
      Semis:
      MTU-3 UM-2
      MSU-17 WMU-1

Finals:
      WMU-5 UM-2
      MSU-21 MTU-2

For real though I have no idea, anyone could win it this year. I guess that could be said every year because it's only a two game tournament, but if anything this year all four teams have a chance. I haven't seen Tech at all but they're a game back of State and two games back of UM while having played the top half of the WCHA, so on paper they look even. WMU is obviously the best team but like owslachief said, they have to face the best goalie in the tournament in the semis. Hildebrand has only given up more than two goals once this year. If the offense can wake up and somehow put up three, maybe even just two goals, I see State winning. Whoever wins this, I see it being low scoring.
      In game 2 Tech is going up one of the most inconsistent teams I have seen this year in UM. They destroy or get destroyed. The only prediction I can make is that it will be a blowout, but I can't say which way without knowing if the Michigan goalies will decide to pay attention or not.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Re: Great Lakes Invitational goes back INSIDE

Will Western's band be at the games? MEg believes that it will be the first time that all four teams bands will be at GLI. I'd guess that that would have happened at least one time before.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

There might be four groups there, but there will only be one band worth hearing... tSGFitW... Huskies Pep Band.
          The A&T Panthers might own the dome, but there is only one drumline that owns the Joe.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

The Vegas over/under for the first game is at 2800....
            'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              There might be four groups there, but there will only be one band worth hearing... tSGFitW... Huskies Pep Band.
              The A&T Panthers might own the dome, but there is only one drumline that owns the Joe.

Ryan J
              We may be accused of having ugly helmets.... but you guys take the cake for ugly band outfits. Bring on the Big Top.

Comment

Has anyone heard how the injured players were progressing?
                Are all but Sova available for the Huskies.

Comment

Has anyone heard how the injured players were progressing?
                  Are all but Sova available for the Huskies.
                  The MTU website has Fillion and Kero "available". No Blake Pietila (USA WJT).

Comment

Who will be in net for UM?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      We may be accused of having ugly helmets.... but you guys take the cake for ugly band outfits. Bring on the Big Top.
                      I can't argue that point. At least now the band all has the same stripes. I was in the era where there were several different sets of stripes based on your section because they couldn't find any company to make new adult size coveralls in colors. A couple sections wore black / gold, the trombones wore red / white (except when we played WI, then they were not allowed), and the drummers / trumpets had a rainbow of colors on theirs.

Here is a photo from the game that Tech played at the Big House in AA. I believe that was an event where alumni were invited to join the band which explains the stipes in this photo.
                      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Who will be in net for UM?
                        My guess? Junior Adam Janecyk. He just shut out WMU in his first start this season.(In all fairness, Michigan played perhaps their best defensive game of the season and scratched out two third period goals to win the game. Janny played well, but wasn't challenged too much by a WMU team that also seemed to mail it in.) Berenson doesn't announce until game day typically, and likes to go with either the guy that looks the sharpest in practice or the goalie who had the hot hand in the previous game. All he is looking for is a goaltender to make the stops he should, and that hasn't happened much this season.

Steve Racine has been rather inconsistent (and I mean from shift to shift, not just period to period) and gave up some rather soft goals his last outing against WMU. He also struggles when handling the puck. Our other freshman, Jared Rutledge had an eye injury coming into the season- started the season opener, did well for two periods and then melted down in the third period against RIT. He has looked uncomfortable ever since and his confidence seems shot. Rutledge was the heir apparent (USNDT) hotshot that was supppose to be the incumbent taking over for Hunwick. It's easy to project that he hasn't been able to handle that pressure although he does have that ability.
                        Last edited by streaker; 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          I can't argue that point. At least now the band all has the same stripes. I was in the era where there were several different sets of stripes based on your section because they couldn't find any company to make new adult size coveralls in colors. A couple sections wore black / gold, the trombones wore red / white (except when we played WI, then they were not allowed), and the drummers / trumpets had a rainbow of colors on theirs.

Here is a photo from the game that Tech played at the Big House in AA. I believe that was an event where alumni were invited to join the band which explains the stipes in this photo.
                          Now JJ, keep in mind that I'm just poking at you and the band. It was great having them at Michigan Stadium.

I respect the ability and the joviality the MTU band brings to the arena.

My guess is that the U-M band will be in Tampa for the bowl game, so the Alumni band will be there in the place of the Hockey Pep Band. Could be wrong.

Comment

MSU is practicing at Suburban - Macomb tomorrow.
                            No word where Tech is practicing.

I am expecting to see Genoe but have a feeling it might be Copley.
                            The former UM angle on the other bench will be fun to see playout with Muckalt and Shields assisting Mel.
                            You know they all want to win the first one against each other.

Comment

I am excited for my first GLI tournament. Hopefully Western is able to find the same luck we had last time we were invited to the GLI. I have been to a handful of CCHA tournaments at the Joe... what can I expect for the GLI as far as a the crowd? Hopefully there are more people than the CCHA tournament and a little more rivalry between the fans.
                              Last edited by Lawson_lunatic27; 12-27-2012, 05:02 PM.
                              Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

The GLI consistently outdraws the CCHA tourney.
                                Attendance has fallen recently - there is always a lot of banter amongst the rival fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X