Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UND @ Michigan Tech: Houghton hears the Whioux

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    So, by your logic chicken wings are a horrible food because they require buffalo, bbq, or some other kind of sauce to make them good?
    Also, who puts gravy on a pasty? Ketchup is the way to go.
    Umm, no. I thought Michigan was supposed to be a good school. Did you get in on the band equivalent of affirmative action or something? I'll try to explain it here for you, just let me know if you get confused at any point and perhaps I can break it down into even simpler terms so you may be able to comprehend the discussion. OK, are you ready? I'm about to start.

You go to any craphole place in Houghton and you can get a pasty. It does not come automatically slathered in gravy. By contrast a chicken wing nearly always comes covered in some sort of sauce. So, no that is not what I'm saying at all and your analogy is completely irrelevant. Plus chicken wings are good, so again your analogy is completely irrelevant.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Agreed. That was certainly a great thread title. Now, can the thread live up to its title?
      It won't as long as Dirty is posting in it.

The Ambo's BLT pizza is decent, but their drinks are grossly overpriced. As of this past September, it's like $8 for a fishbowl in there now, and they're half ice. A Crown/rocks was $6.25. Crazy.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Finally, it's Tech weekend and nerd:30 PM.

"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          Also, who puts gravy on a pasty? Ketchup is the way to go.
          If you have to put ANYTHING on a pasty, it wasn't made correctly - including devil's spawn ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Rane View Post
            Thanks for the info. I did pay some attention to the UM/MTU thread a few weeks ago and I'm thinking we'll hit the Gay Bar(cue the Blue Oyster Bar music) then maybe head North to Copper Harbor. Any cool places/bars up there? What about The Ambassador?
            There is also the Brickside Brewery in Copper Harbor. Open from 4 to about 10.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              If you have to put ANYTHING on a pasty, it wasn't made correctly - including devil's spawn ketchup.
              It is impossible for a pasty to be made correctly given it is one of the worst foods in the history of mankind.
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Pasties don't taste horrible, despite what Dirty says. They don't taste like anything. There is no taste. Taste does not exist in a pasty. Distilled water has more taste than a pasty.THAT'S the problem.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Pasties don't taste horrible, despite what Dirty says. They don't taste like anything. There is no taste. Taste does not exist in a pasty. Distilled water has more taste than a pasty.THAT'S the problem.
                  If you read back, you'd see I already stated this, Baldy.
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    If you read back, you'd see I already stated this, Baldy.
                    Many assumptions about his reading ability being made here...
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Many assumptions about his reading ability being made here...
                      I don't pay attention to half of what Dirty says, at best. So that part must have been in that half.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        The Eagle River bar is closed for the season, FYI.

We're due for a sweep this weekend.
                        You're right, you are due for a sweep, because that's what you'll get, swept by Tech.
                        2005-2006: 7-25-6
                        2006-2007: 18-17-5
                        2007-2008: 14-20-5
                        2008-2009: 6-25-7
                        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          It won't as long as Dirty is posting in it.

The Ambo's BLT pizza is decent, but their drinks are grossly overpriced. As of this past September, it's like $8 for a fishbowl in there now, and they're half ice. A Crown/rocks was $6.25. Crazy.
                          All you need to do is put Dirty where he belongs, the ignore list.
                          2005-2006: 7-25-6
                          2006-2007: 18-17-5
                          2007-2008: 14-20-5
                          2008-2009: 6-25-7
                          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                            You're right, you are due for a sweep, because that's what you'll get, swept by Tech.
                            now that's funny stuff right there.

Comment

Cheers to whomever remembered that NORTH DAKOTA'S team name is THE SIOUX DAMMIT!
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                All you need to do is put Dirty where he belongs, the ignore list.
                                Someone is a Grumpy Gus. Putting people on ignore simply because they speak the truth about the terribleness of Houghton, Tech and pasties is rather petty.
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X