Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Nah, no reason at all why fans in several threads might think you're a dick.
    Nope.
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      This is some of the funniest shyte I've seen around here. What do you expect? You think that alumni are going to stop cheering for their team because of one guy losing his temper at a stupid time? Or that they're going to apologize for it to the likes of you? Every now and again, on every team, some player does something that the fans wish they hadn't. It has certainly happened at DU, and it has darn sure happened at Minnesota. Not condemning the player or the team is not the same as being proud of it. In fact, chirping about it to fans of a rival isn't the same either. There are things I wish DU players hadn't done; I will never admit those things to a North Dakota fan, or to a CC fan.
      Nice!!!!
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

I don't see a scenario that has DU leaving Grand Forks with less than 1 point, they might be a little banged up but good coaching and solid goal tending will keep the Pios in both games.
        Last edited by cross cheque; 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM.
        "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
        Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
        The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
        Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          So, you are of the opinion that DU (assuming both squads are playing their best) is a much stronger team than North Dakota? It takes some belief in your team to think that DU has a better chance at sweeping in Grand Forks than North Dakota does.

I won't go much into predictions right now, but North Dakota played their best series of the season this past weekend. DU's prodigious offense scored twice in 125 minutes and neither time 5x5.
          Late to the game on this response.

No, not much stronger. A little stronger, which I think makes it more likely that DU sweeps than UND sweeps. Of course UND has home ice, but Gwoz's teams tend to raise their game in hostile environments--he has had good results in Mariucci & Madison, and has a respectable record at UND.

DU's prodigious offense has been AWOL the last 2 weekends, for sure.

Comment

From Gwoz Tuesday press conference.

Nolan Zajac will play and Josiah Didier will not travel with team. Adam Murray is now healthy and 3 goalies will make trip: Brittain, Ulkinoura and Murray. Does not know which goalies will play on either night.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post

UND Sweeps. Dasher Monkey Weeps.
              :'(
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              Originally posted by duper
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                I wonder how long it will take people to realize these accounts are created with the sole purpose of making Gopher fans look stupid.
                That doesn't take much.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That doesn't make any sense. Why would me calling Biddco a talentless gold digging drunkard cause him to argue with a Gopher fan?
                  HEY! I resemble that remark...
                  Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                  I wonder how long it will take people to realize these accounts are created with the sole purpose of making Gopher fans look stupid.
                  1. They don't need any help doing that.
                  2. People need lives.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I think JDUBBS created SaintCloudGopher to divert attention away from himself.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-04-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                      Late to the game on this response.

No, not much stronger. A little stronger, which I think makes it more likely that DU sweeps than UND sweeps. Of course UND has home ice, but Gwoz's teams tend to raise their game in hostile environments--he has had good results in Mariucci & Madison, and has a respectable record at UND.

DU's prodigious offense has been AWOL the last 2 weekends, for sure.
                      Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. At their best, I think North Dakota is a more complete, deeper squad than DU...although i would concede that DU is a whole lot better than I thought they would be (I had them pegged 5th in the conference).

As for this weekend, I really don't see a sweep either way. This series has split written all over it. If one of the goalies on either team can stand on his head the night that his team isn't playing as well, then I wouldn't be surprised if that squad took 3 points. I do think it will be a low-scoring affair. As for a prediction, I'll take UND 3-1 on Friday, DU 5-2 on Saturday.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I think JDUBBS created SaintCloudGopher to divert attention away from himself.
                        So you're saying that I have to add another Gopher fan to my ignore list?

I miss the days where all the Gopher fans on here (or at least the vast majority) were awesome to banter back and forth with. Even the a$Sholes were funny.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          So you're saying that I have to add another Gopher fan to my ignore list?

I miss the days where all the Gopher fans on here (or at least the vast majority) were awesome to banter back and forth with. Even the a$Sholes were funny.
                          I never really found Slap Shot that funny.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Quentin Shore hates Denver.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Quentin Shore hates Denver.
                              Parise hates North Dakota. Wait.. what?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I'd like to see where (and by whom) those comments were. I think there was the embellishment accusation, which was justified IMO. I don't recall seeing "goon" talk. Sorry to interrupt, but I will defend my team and fans when needed.
                                Here's the specific post where that quote is from:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5565094

By the way, I did not take offense to this nor was I really complaining about what he said. I'm not even sure I disagree with him.

I only brought it up because it was humorous in the context of what Gopher fans have historically said about North Dakota and their "style" of play. There is really nothing for you to "defend" since the guy was not far from wrong, if he even was.

No harm, no foul.

Comment

Working...
                                X