Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falcon A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falcon A)

Well since there isn't one, and there hasn't been one in a while and since most people just go to AZZ anyway I guess I'm just doing this to talk to myself, or I like punishment and have other people talk trash about BG Hockey, most likely I'm just bored and AZZ can be a little preachy at times, either way fun times are abound

Currently the Falcons are an amazing 2-9-3 (1-6-2-1) with a great Power Play of 2/38 or about .053

Leading Scorers after 14 games (light up that lamp at record pace...)

Ryan Carpenter (4g,5a)
    Adam Berkle (2g, 6a)
    Dan DeSalvo (1g, 7a)
    Dajon Mingo (2g, 5a)
    Bring Back the Glory...

1984 NCAA National Champions
    2 members of the "Miracle on Ice" 1980 Hockey Team

Re: Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falco

However not everything is doom and gloom, the Falcons announced 3 members of their recruiting class, D Reed Whiteside, D Mark Friedman, G Thomas Sholl.

http://bgsufalcons.com/news/2012/11/...126123624.aspx

Welcome to the Orange and Brown...now if only we could recruit people that no how to score some goals.

Thomas Sholl recieving internet fame for making the Crosby look like Cros***** in Camp this summer...

Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Re: Bowling Green Hockey (From the Floor to the Final Four...back to the floor, Falco

This program reminds me of Minnesota Gophers football how the mighty have fallen. It would be nice to see them fill the arena to the top with a winning program.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Falcons View Post
        Well since there isn't one, and there hasn't been one in a while and since most people just go to AZZ anyway I guess I'm just doing this to talk to myself, or I like punishment and have other people talk trash about BG Hockey, most likely I'm just bored and AZZ can be a little preachy at times, either way fun times are abound
        Are you one of the bitter "MyAudi" people? If so, that can be accommodated

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Many fans of the new WCHA teams feel that BGSU will bolt the league before ever playing their first game in the new conference. What is the word in Falcon land about going to Atlantic Hockey or other options besides the WCHA. What is the buzz in the rink? If nothing else, you guys are making UAH very nervous. They want to be the "even number of teams" solution to the WCHA but if BGSU leaves it is likely UAH won't be getting in without another dance partner.

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Are you one of the bitter "MyAudi" people? If so, that can be accommodated

Welcome aboard!
            I was more self hating BG more than anything...I love BG and BG hockey(more than any other sport they offer) and because of this yes I do have a some what strong dislike towards Miami at times you know the jokes, Banana Republic, etc.

But I'm not going to be a jerk about it and start yelling off about teams on a board...you save that stuff for the Ice Arena.

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Many fans of the new WCHA teams feel that BGSU will bolt the league before ever playing their first game in the new conference. What is the word in Falcon land about going to Atlantic Hockey or other options besides the WCHA. What is the buzz in the rink? If nothing else, you guys are making UAH very nervous. They want to be the "even number of teams" solution to the WCHA but if BGSU leaves it is likely UAH won't be getting in without another dance partner.

Ryan J
            Honestly there is absolutely no talk or buzz about BGSU leaving the WCHA for Atlantic Hockey that I know of, I have worked in the Media Relations/Sports Information Department for 4 years and through everything I've heard from people and coaches they want to be in the WCHA because they feel like it will bring BG back to "glory" quicker by playing against tougher competition and recruiting would be better. In fact the coaches joked around during intermission last year against Canisius saying if we where in AHA we would win every game...I know they where joking but I think they would prefer to have the challenge of the WCHA teams.
            Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Congrats go out to former Falcon Hockey coach Jerry York, tying another former Falcon coach Ron Mason on the all time wins list...proud to be apart of a program with such great history, Roll Along!
              Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

I'll join the talk...only because I live in proximity to BG (PBurg) and my wife works IT at BG. Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow me Fri/Sat nights off, so I'll never get a chance to go to a game.
                I don't mind BG...as long as they stop beating NMU in the playoffs! haha

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                  I can safely say there is NO such buzz here.
                  BG held off on taking the WCHA path in desparate hopes that some version of the CCHA could be patched together with several Atlantic teams (RMU, Niagara, Mercyhurst and Canisius were mentioned)...but once WMU bought into the Nacho league, and Ferris and Lake State took the WCHA offer within minutes of the offer being made, there was no way that could ever happen. BG WILL enter WCHA as scheduled.
                  Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

What has been posted here confirms my thoughts. While BGSU trying to hold the CCHA together made sense, I really didn't see the reason for the rumors that they wanted to get into AH. Keeping the CCHA would have provided a number of positive aspects: 1) Keep the conference going 2) Smaller WCHA and CCHA conferences = better chance for an auto-bid to the NCAA tourney 3) Allows for easier future expansion of NCAA D-I hockey with conferences looking for more teams. The new WCHA will be cool and all, but if UAH gets in (and I think they will) the WCHA will likely be reluctant to take an 11th team without a 12th along with them. (Just ask Bemidji about that process.)

Some of the other new WCHA schools were concerned that BGSU was the only D-I school in the new WCHA and without them there really wouldn't be a WCHA voice at the NCAA table. The part that really never made sense to me was why as a big D-I school, BGSU would consider going to a league where they would lose scholarships due to conference limits. That was the one thing that just made me scratch my head how the rumors could in any way be true.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to having an excuse to visit some new rinks starting next year and interaction with some new fans.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by spikechiquet View Post
                      I'll join the talk...only because I live in proximity to BG (PBurg) and my wife works IT at BG. Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow me Fri/Sat nights off, so I'll never get a chance to go to a game.
                      I don't mind BG...as long as they stop beating NMU in the playoffs! haha
                      Noooo! Don't take away the one thing their really good at!
                      Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Ha. How about a trade...better everywhere else...terrible against NMU. That sounds fair to me.
                        Just finished reading Paula Weston's story on the Falcons...not much improvement from last year...but a very small up tick in goals scored. So at least one could say there is progress.

Comment

The travel time for teams in the new WCHA is going to come back and bite everyone in the butt. WEstern and Miami are going to wear out with the traveling distances they are now going to have to endure. The reason why Omaha jumped to the WCHA was shorter travel and more centrally located with the WCHA than with the CCHA . The way the leagues were set up was to make travel as short as possible and keep teams in a central area with each other. The Big Ten leagues ruined all that and I don't think it was done for the good of hockey.

Comment

I think that the team has talent, they have a bunch of skilled two way fowards or players who are good at setting up plays but they just don't have any pure goal scoring talent on the team and that has been a real problem since about 2009 after Dan Sexton got signed away mid season by the Ducks and the other goal scorers Petruska and Solway graduated the following year. There's plenty of talent on the team and the team is very young with Berkle, Carpenter, Wojtala, Hammond, Tate, Sholl (recruit) and a couple other players I think all getting 1 or multiple NHL Camp invites this summer, they just need people to put the puck in the net...and that would help the PP as well which is the worse PP I have ever seen in the history of hockey
                            Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

BG with a big win against Alaska Fairbanks last night 3-2 ending a 6 game losing streak...going for the sweep tonight.
                              Bring Back the Glory...

Comment

Working...
                              X