Quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

Who is Puck Swami? Anyone know anything about him? Is his opinion respected in hockey circles? Thanks.

Re: Quick Question

No one knows this dude?

Comment

Chris Berman's brother?

Seriously, I have heard the name but I don't know.

Comment

Years ago we emailed back and forth. If I remember right he was a former assistant college hockey coach at various schools. Yes, he is respected in hockey ciricles. Sadly, we haven't seen him in years around here. I wonder what happend?
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          Years ago we emailed back and forth. If I remember right he was a former assistant college hockey coach at various schools. Yes, he is respected in hockey ciricles. Sadly, we haven't seen him in years around here. I wonder what happend?
          Thanks. Wondering what others think of his opinions. Heard something interesting he said and want to know how valid his opinions are.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Thanks. Wondering what others think of his opinions. Heard something interesting he said and want to know how valid his opinions are.
            You throw that out there and not say anything? LOL> If I might ask where did you hear his opinion?
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Who is Puck Swami? Anyone know anything about him? Is his opinion respected in hockey circles? Thanks.
              Compared to yours? Yes his opinion is respected.

Also, compared to mine.

Comment

Swami's PPD has fallen below 4 in his absence, as such he has zero credibility.

That's how it works right?

Comment

No one knows this dude?
                  No no no, I'm a dude, he/she's a Swami.

Comment

He was a respected poster on USCHO as well, but left for reasons unknown.

What did he say that was interesting?

Comment

I'll post what I'm referring to in a bit. However, before I do I am just trying to get an overall opinion on how legit the source is before commenting on it. Would like to hear from other fanbases.

Comment

I'll post what I'm referring to in a bit. However, before I do I am just trying to get an overall opinion on how legit the source is before commenting on it. Would like to hear from other fanbases.
                        I think most on this board would agree that Swami was top notch. I wish he still posted.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                          I think most on this board would agree that Swami was top notch. I wish he still posted.
                          Yeah, it would be almost unanimous amongst those of us who were posting here 2-3 years ago. Until I saw who started this, I wasn't sure why on Earth it would be under question.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Respected
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good, glad we have a consensus on that. Here is what he wrote (and this is just in good fun ):

Minnesota is, in my opinion, the most important college hockey program in America. While other college hockey programs are important to their state or area, Minnesota has the largest fan base, the largest TV impact, and most importantly, is vital cog for the culture of hockey in America ...... enabling the growth of American hockey by setting the bar for the development of hockey in other states.

Comment

Working...
                              X