Back again this week, post your top 10 teams in the country by Tuesday, November 20th by Noon (Eastern), and they will be counted towards the CHW Power Rankings. This is a unique opportunity that we as hockey fans have to voice our opinions on who should be considered the top 10 in the country.
My Top 10:
1. Boston College - The Eagles took care of business against a quality Dartmouth squad this past weekend, inching Coach York to within 1 win of the All-Time Record
2. New Hampshire - UNH started the weekend great, by opening a 4-0 lead against CC, and finished it great, by closing on a 6-1 run against DU, en route to a draw against CC and a win over DU.
3. Notre Dame - The Irish played great hockey this weekend against North Dakota, especially on Saturday in a 5-2 victory.
4. Western Michigan - The Broncos didn't play this weekend, but move up thanks to DU's fall
5. Denver - The Pioneers lost both of their games this weekend against Yale and New Hampshire, but stay in my top 5 because they could have easily walked away from the weekend with a sweep.
6. North Dakota - North Dakota got great goalie play from Clarke Saunders on Friday in a 2-1 victory over Notre Dame. They played better better on Saturday, but fell 5-2 to the Irish in South Bend.
7. Miami - The Redhawks were off this weekend, and hopefully they were able to improve offensively if they want to continue rising in the rankings.
8. Minnesota - The Gophers swept Vermont, and are gradually improving in their play. Look for the Gophers to continue moving up the rankings in the coming weeks.
9. St. Cloud State - The Huskies played poorly on Friday in a 2-1 loss to Duluth, but responded with a strong performance on Saturday.
10. Union - The Dutchmen still have a game left to play today against Penn State, but I'm going out on a limb in putting them at #10 assuming they win today.