Wisconsin at Denver 11/30 & 12/1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin at Denver 11/30 & 12/1

This series is still happening, right? Badgers steal a point!
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      This series is still happening, right? Badgers steal a point!
      It still has to be played, and on national TV on Friday night to make sure even more people see this train-wreck in action.

Comment

Wisconsin comes in blistering the net at 1.8 gpg, while the Pio's are giving up a whopping 2.5 gpg. Something's gotta give. I expect the offensive juggernaut that is Badger Hockey to finally be unleashed in this series... C'mon Badgers! We're staring a 5 GOAL WEEKEND right in the face!

Yeah. Right in it.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Gwoz brought "more physicality" to the practices this week. but not a bag skate. The Pios came out flat against Yale and allowed all kinds of odd man rushes against UNH.
          "Gwozdecky radio program"
          http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...c=743&f=847241

My suggestion for the badgers--let DU get a 5 or 6 goal lead in the first period to lull them into complacency.

Almost forgot, start the backup goalie so the #1 guy's GAA won't go thru the roof.
          Last edited by vizoroo; 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

My suggestion for the badgers--let DU get a 5 or 6 goal lead in the first period
            What??? That marijuana thing is really running rampant out there isn't it?

I have watched several Badger games this year and having done so, I find it impossible to believe that any team, anywhere, ever in the history of college hockey has EVER scored 5 goals in a single period. It's pretty hard to imagine that much scoring in a whole game.

You are high.

EDIT: Hey guys... I just wanted to apologize for my above post. Turns out, I've been told there are actually teams that have scored like 6 goals in a single game. I don't know who or how, probably Harry Potter's school of Wizards or something... I mean 6 goals... Wow... That's like, two weekends for us. So anyway, just saying... I guess I was wrong about that part. Although from what I hear, you're all still probably pretty high out there in Denver.
            Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Almost forgot, start the backup goalie so the #1 guy's GAA won't go thru the roof.
              Or suffer the embarrassment of getting benched.

Comment

DU will only have 17 skaters on Friday. Roster has a total of 24 including 4 goalies. Murray and Didier are both injured, Jarrod Mermis will serve a 1-game team suspension on Friday for breaking team rules and Larkin Jacobson remains under indefinite team suspension. That leaves 3 goalies and 17 skaters. Mike Chambers has two stories in the Denver Post.

DU Game Notes

Chambers Preview 1

Chambers Preview 2
                Last edited by du78; 11-30-2012, 08:25 AM.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg******
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Gwoz brought "more physicality" to the practices this week. but not a bag skate. The Pios came out flat against Yale and allowed all kinds of odd man rushes against UNH.
                    "Gwozdecky radio program"
                    http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...c=743&f=847241

My suggestion for the badgers--let DU get a 5 or 6 goal lead in the first period to lull them into complacency.

Don't worry about giving up odd man rushes to UW. First off, DU could play the whole game 3 on 5 and not give any up. Secondly, if UW had a 2-0 rush and the DU sieve got out of the way of the net , they'd still screw it up, kinda like you would see from your typical squirt b team.

UW Goaltending...they both are better than average. Have you not forgotten how much stress Mr. Rumpel gave you last year in the wcha playoffs, he had you on the brink of elimination. That being said, I have no illusions of the outcomes of these games with UW's best and maybe 4th-5th best forwards out with injuries.

I look forward to seeing UW's next coach doing all he can to expedite the process of making an opening for himself where he's destined to coach.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I look forward to seeing UW's next coach doing all he can to expedite the process of making an opening for himself where he's destined to coach.
                      Just like Dean Blais has always been "destined" to coach at Minnesota.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Comment

Okay, so I have two old college friends that live in CO that are heading out to the game tonight. One of them is this guy:

*****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iID3aaKOXe0/ULkKRQ3WmrI/AAAAAAAAABE/Eri_Cxo-DHA/s720/photo_37_.jpg******

I'm reaching out to the DU posters that might be there, in hopes that you guys can harass the living crap out of him.

Some helpful tidbits:
                        • He's a lifelong hockey player, but in college he got gloved on a breakaway by one of our friends that had never played goalie before.
                        • He has a brother, Ian, who is a major player. So if any women want to approach him and say that he looks like an "Ian" guy that she knows, it would be hilarious (for me, probably not for you).
                        • It's been a long day at work, so I don't have too many ideas. I just want to hear a good story from him about how everyone at DU was giving him **** for something.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Okay, so I have two old college friends that live in CO that are heading out to the game tonight. One of them is this guy:

*****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iID3aaKOXe0/ULkKRQ3WmrI/AAAAAAAAABE/Eri_Cxo-DHA/s720/photo_37_.jpg******

I'm reaching out to the DU posters that might be there, in hopes that you guys can harass the living crap out of him.

Some helpful tidbits:
                          • He's a lifelong hockey player, but in college he got gloved on a breakaway by one of our friends that had never played goalie before.
                          • He has a brother, Ian, who is a major player. So if any women want to approach him and say that he looks like an "Ian" guy that she knows, it would be hilarious (for me, probably not for you).
                          • It's been a long day at work, so I don't have too many ideas. I just want to hear a good story from him about how everyone at DU was giving him **** for something.

That guy's beard would be awesome with a couple of white stripes running through it.

Also I see the Pio's 3rd highest scoring d-man has 9 points while Bucky's top forward has 8.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Also I see the Pio's 3rd highest scoring d-man has 9 points while Bucky's top forward has 8.

Probably 9 secondary assists awarded on home ice.

What? Denver? I thought we were at North Dakota...

Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              Just like Dean Blais has always been "destined" to coach at Minnesota.

I wouldn't hold your breath.
                              I'm holding my breath tjis is gona be toffer than i tho
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Per Baggot, looks like Rumpel will be net tonight. With tonight's game being on national TV and the start of the Kerdiles' era, it's probably the only time I've looked forward to watching a 1-7-2 team play.

Comment

Working...
                                X