Maine at Lowell, 11/9 & 11/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine at Lowell, 11/9 & 11/10

Well well well ... feel the excitement of the #9 and #10 teams in Hockey East matching up!

It might be early, but both teams need wins at this point, desperately.

I'll admit, I'm petrified of this series. Maine is 1-8 (words I never thought I'd type). For some reason, that scares me. Maybe I've just never gotten over the bugaboo that is Maine hockey to Lowell...
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: Maine at Lowell, 11/9 & 11/10

The cellar dweller bowl.
    sure why not

Comment

Hoping for a couple of good crowds ... but wondering how well Maine will travel, considering their record?
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Hoping for a couple of good crowds ... but wondering how well Maine will travel, considering their record?
        I'll be there, but I have to ask: How well do tickets usually sell? I ask because I was able to snag front row seats both nights so it would seem tickets don't move very quickly down there.

Comment

The way Maine played against UNH I'd be shocked if Lowell doesn't sweep.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            I'll be there, but I have to ask: How well do tickets usually sell? I ask because I was able to snag front row seats both nights so it would seem tickets don't move very quickly down there.
            We've had over 6k the first two games ... I'm not sure how these games are selling.
            Monty

Comment

We've had over 6k the first two games ... I'm not sure how these games are selling.
              Sounds like business is generated through the walk up sales rather than advance purchase or buying thru the web.

Comment

Fire Timmay! (I know it is not going to happen, but can hope)

That said, Maine just can't score
                Lowell 4 - Maine 2
                Lowell 3 - Maine 1

Comment

Just what UML needed...a week off and Maine coming in without any scoring/iffy goaltending and a Team that plays beat before they lose(except for the BC gm)...this weekend games are there's to sweep and get back on track...Maine is in big/big trouble from the start of the season to the present time and beyond.(imo)

Comment

As embarrassed as the Maine players are at their incredibly weak start, one of the sieves finds a way to stand on his shoulder (no they're not capable of standing on their head) and Maine gets a few lucky bounces to eek out a 1 goal win. Timmay claims they've turned a corner and unilaterally extends his own contract 10 years. Internut nutcases commit group suicide.

I see a split
                    Last edited by all bear; 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM.
                    sure why not

Comment

Split weekend. Lowell wins 2-0 (ENG), Maine wins 1-0.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

According to boxscores they've yet to have over 5k for a home game - their highest attendance so far was 4,773 vs BC. I wouldn't rely on them bringing as many as years past.
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

We'll concede both games, just take your old coach back.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Sounds like business is generated through the walk up sales rather than advance purchase or buying thru the web.
                            I know Saturday is a UML Season Ticket holder "Bring a Friend Night" which are free tickets in the season ticket packs. My row was sold for Saturday by Monday (which is early). I would imagine the crowd will be bigger on Saturday then Friday because of the free tickets.

Also Saturday I think is a Military night so likely more tickets will be sold, probably harder to get walk ups for that game.
                            UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                            https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              We'll concede both games, just take your old coach back.
                              We could always use a spare second alternate zamboni driver.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                              X