No announcement yet.

RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

I agree with Troyboy. I never thought I would say that. Keep the lines together for a few more games unless there is an injury we need to address. I do not expect Union to play much different than last year during the playoff series. We will need to stay out of the box!! I do not think the loss of JW is going to hurt them as bad as everyone thinks. They still have a bunch of guys, like the Bodie's, Simpson and Jooris, who can light the lamp. Although the one 8 goal game skews the numbers a bit they still are averaging 4 goals a game. We also need to take care of the puck when we have the man advantage. They already have 3 short handed this year.

I really hope the week off does not hurt us either. Hopefully the boys got all their partying out of them last weekend so they could prepare properly for this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Did Higgs and Tinordi ever play on the same line last year?
      I want to say yes...I think Paddy Cullen was also on that line. Getting some more grit and size with Higgs would be good...I like Rogic and Schroeder together-they both have good speed. Too often it seems like Rogic gets deep in the offensive zone all by himself and has no one to pass to in front of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
        I want to say yes...I think Paddy Cullen was also on that line. Getting some more grit and size with Higgs would be good...I like Rogic and Schroeder together-they both have good speed. Too often it seems like Rogic gets deep in the offensive zone all by himself and has no one to pass to in front of the net.
        At least his speed is now under control... freshman year he was just too fast for his own good. Didn't quite remind me of the character Luis Mendoza, but you get the idea (and given the coach, you KNOW I had to throw in one of those characters, not to mention both Chase Polacek and character Adam Banks are originally from Edina MN).

Comment

[QUOTE=sk8tronthepond;5535867]Makes sense Slapper. However, RPI will need more than one ...but that assumes that the other lines will not produce, I happen to think they will. We outshot MSU Fri night, and had 33 shots on Sat. night...so getting pucks to the net wasn't a problem. In fact, the argument could be made that the issue has been at the other end of the ice -- giving up goals in the 3rd periord...not laying blame solely on the D...fowards need to pull their weight in the back end. We've played very well in the early going and have not played a single league game yet, so the chemistry and the line tinkering is certainly not over with.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            We've played very well in the early going and have not played a single league game yet, so the chemistry and the line tinkering is certainly not over with.
            Again.....I agree with you Slapper!
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Are you freaken kidding me!!!!!! HICKS & St. Lawrence are the refs.........http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...12.pdf?id=1370
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Are you freaken kidding me!!!!!! HICKS & St. Lawrence are the refs.........http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...12.pdf?id=1370
                I have over and over again preached about the bias that exists with the Director of Officials. This is one more instant where he is intentionally trying to stick it to us. Who in their right mind would schedule Hicks for another RPI/Union game? This is an awful idea and Paul should know better. Paul Stewart is looking for controversy. Unbelievable!!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

There's the international anti-RPI conspiracy again. Steve Hagwell, Paul Stewart, Ken Schott and the rest of the college hockey illuminati are out to get RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                    There's the international anti-RPI conspiracy again. Steve Hagwell, Paul Stewart, Ken Schott and the rest of the college hockey illuminati are out to get RPI.
                    I don't believe in coincidences, and the fact that Hicks has been assigned this matchup smells to the high heavens. No different than if Ed Hockuli were to be assigned another Chargers-Broncos game. Stewart is a petulent jack ### - there's no debating that. And just by sheer happenstance, Rick Bennett appeared on the weekly ECAC radio segment.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Or, alternatively, we as a fanbase could get over a 2 year-old screwjob and focus on the task at hand rather than complaining about the refs before the game even starts. If I were Stewart I would give us Hicks every game just because of the amount of bellyaching it raises here.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        I have over and over again preached about the bias that exists with the Director of Officials. This is one more instant where he is intentionally trying to stick it to us. Who in their right mind would schedule Hicks for another RPI/Union game? This is an awful idea and Paul should know better. Paul Stewart is looking for controversy. Unbelievable!!!!
                        Ah !!! The "Great AspyDad" speakes to truth yet again
                        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                          Or, alternatively, we as a fanbase could get over a 2 year-old screwjob and focus on the task at hand rather than complaining about the refs before the game even starts. If I were Stewart I would give us Hicks every game just because of the amount of bellyaching it raises here.
                          Not going happen.
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            Ah !!! The "Great AspyDad" speakes to truth yet again
                            I'm honored that you would use the same adjective to describe me as many of us do for SA. Thanks Bro!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                              Don't let the facts get in your way but it is on record that Stewart has a bias against RPI. http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...7317581626.txt

and BTW- can you ask Schottsie to stop giving you guys a first place vote in the USCHO Poll.. it is becoming a little embarassing for you all.
                              Last edited by AspyDad; 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by home866
                                I just went through the box scores and since Hicks' no goal call he has seen us 6 times and we are 5-1....Maybe he is our lucky charm...
                                If that's the case, then I love the guy !

Comment

Working...
                                X