No announcement yet.

RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home (11/2 & 11/3)

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Memorandum

To: Wholin1 and All Union Fans

Re:USCHO Poll

Date:10/28/12
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Attached please find the latest USCHO poll in which Ken Schott once again gives your team a first place vote.
    Please remind Ken that you were tied by UCONN this weekend. Ken can deny all he wants but I am not buying.
    In advance, thank you for your attention to this matter.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

cc: Steve Hagwell
    Paul Stewart
    Jason Klump
    Ralph Baer
    Nice work Aspy. Once again AspyDad smokes out the Interloper !!!!!!!!
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
      Nice work Aspy. Once again AspyDad smokes out the Interloper !!!!!!!!
      I blind copied you on this memo.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        If anyone is going to the one at Messa, I'd recommend getting tickets in advance. Might be out of luck if you wait until game night.
        Bought tickets last week online for Union: when I checked out they only gave me the option of picking the tickets up at will call-I assumed because it was so close to the game. Fine, no big deal, I have to go to the rink for the game anyway, right? Well, apparently they elected to send the tickets to the address tied to my credit card-in St. Louis. Where I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
          Bought tickets last week online for Union: when I checked out they only gave me the option of picking the tickets up at will call-I assumed because it was so close to the game. Fine, no big deal, I have to go to the rink for the game anyway, right? Well, apparently they elected to send the tickets to the address tied to my credit card-in St. Louis. Where I am not.
          No hurricane in Troy
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Perhaps they're trying to tell you something?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              No hurricane in Troy
              Irene factor, if you ask me.

Comment

That reminds me. I wonder when i am going to get my tickets for the RPI-FSU games.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  That reminds me. I wonder when i am going to get my tickets for the RPI-FSU games.
                  Haaaa !
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The ECAC Quarterfinals are still fresh in my mind. RPI played Union as well as almost any team in that playoff season. RPI outplayed Union for long stretches, very physical. I have to think that SA busts out the same game plan.

Question for you stats-keepers. How many of the RPI lines have been productive on offense? I am wondering if we have a one-line team so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                      The ECAC Quarterfinals are still fresh in my mind. RPI played Union as well as almost any team in that playoff season. RPI outplayed Union for long stretches, very physical. I have to think that SA busts out the same game plan.

Question for you stats-keepers. How many of the RPI lines have been productive on offense? I am wondering if we have a one-line team so far.
                      Basically one line. Besides for 9/15/39, Higgs is the only forward with more than one point, not counting the Acadia game. I do hope that SA doesn't break up 9/15/39. Tinkering with the other lines is fine.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post

Great take 92. I was at the U series and felt the same way..two one goal games essentially. Appert was on CH. 13 last night and alluded to your point -- playing tough, physical hockey , while staying out of the box to avoid U's lethal PP... a tough line to walk for sure. I have tickets for both nights - not looking forward to 2.5 hrs. in a firetrap rink on Sat., but the win will taste that much sweeter.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Basically one line. Besides for 9/15/39, Higgs is the only forward with more than one point, not counting the Acadia game. I do hope that SA doesn't break up 9/15/39. Tinkering with the other lines is fine.
                          That's an interesting take Ralph. Explain to me why you would want all of your offense on one line? What do you think Union's game plan will be?
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                            That's an interesting take Ralph. Explain to me why you would want all of your offense on one line? What do you think Union's game plan will be?
                            Consider it this way: when a goal is scored, the members of that line (and/or sometimes D-men) are the ones who get the points. If they're on the same line, they must be doing something right. If you're going to do any line juggling, look towards the other lines which obviously don't show chemistry if they're not productive.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                              I went to keep them together because they seem to work well together, and in the recent past we have had zero scoring lines. I think that we do have others who are capable of scoring. It just is necessary to find the right combinations.

Edit: FD08 agrees with me.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Edit: FD08 agrees with me.
                                That's not going in the sig, because it isn't all that uncommon.

Comment

Working...
                                X