Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #12 UNH vs. #15 Northeastern: 10/26-27

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    That says it all, from the NU point of view.

Looked a little different from some of the more plodding UNH teams I remember. And DeSmith played like a mainstay D1 goaltender. Should be two pretty competitive games as each team will likely have its hands full with the other.

bu looked awful. Hope it stays that way.
    Plodding UNH teams??? Which one? I don't remember it, not in this century at least. You can't plod and win at the Whitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
      Plodding UNH teams??? Which one? I don't remember it, not in this century at least. You can't plod and win at the Whitt.
      Yeah, I'm with you on this one. UNH has never, in the Whitt generation, had a plodding team. They've had some, well recently, many, that were un-aggressive, too passive, but they've always been fast skating, maybe with not enough direction. I like what I've seen in the two games I've seen on the tube (SCSU 1 and BU) so far, though I don't think either opponent were outstanding, and BU's goaltending handed UNH that game on Saturday. At least 3 of them were awful/saveable goals (reminded me of the shots that were going in AGAINST UNH last year early, before the switch in net), which demoralized BU for the 2nd half of the game.

That said, I think each home team wins this weekend, probably not going out on a limb here. I'd love to see UNH return to their top 4 days, and so far, their more aggressive style seems to be trending in that direction.

Good to see Speelman back healthy, seems like he's found an extra gear in the early going. Hoping to make it to the Lake on Friday....

Comment

We can both agree Maine sucks, right?
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
          When I first read "plodding UNH team" my brain processed it as aimless. I don't recall UNH being slow and certainly not since the lake opened. But the last few years it was fast for the sake of being fast, there didn't seem to be much point.

This year’s team is fast but focused. They are going somewhere (to the front of the net when they have the puck) fast.

I am honestly still waiting to see if the bad habits of the last few years are gone or if they will come back. Being a long time UNH fan I am programmed to expect the other shoe to drop at some point - typically when it will hurt the most so March/April.

... and Maine does suck, but I am actually starting to feel sorry for them...
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            We can both agree Maine sucks, right?
            Careful, they will bring up the glory days.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              When I first read "plodding UNH team" my brain processed it as aimless. I don't recall UNH being slow and certainly not since the lake opened. But the last few years it was fast for the sake of being fast, there didn't seem to be much point.

This year’s team is fast but focused. They are going somewhere (to the front of the net when they have the puck) fast.

I am honestly still waiting to see if the bad habits of the last few years are gone or if they will come back. Being a long time UNH fan I am programmed to expect the other shoe to drop at some point - typically when it will hurt the most so March/April.

... and Maine does suck, but I am actually starting to feel sorry for them...
              You nailed it. The difference seems to be the willingness, AND ability, to finish. I'm stoked about the blue line play as well.

And Maine? Well, their thread has devolved into an argument over which team (track and field or hockey) gets more schwag. I love the rivalry, but it's a little early for that nonsense.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

By the way, are BOTH games on FCS this weekend, or just tonight's matchup?

Comment

Could someone tell me what we can expect for video quality if we buy the game from UNH website? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
                    Could someone tell me what we can expect for video quality if we buy the game from UNH website? Thanks.
                    Do you have access to FoxCollegeSports nationally or WBIN locally? FoxCollegeSports Atlantic will show the game (from the online feed) live as will WBIN locally.

It's a good feed, improved. My biggest problem with it is the darkness of the video, but the quality is good, much better than a couple of years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      By the way, are BOTH games on FCS this weekend, or just tonight's matchup?
                      Just tonight. Tomorrow appears to just be on WBIN

Comment

I don't have access to FCS or WBIN. I have to run it from our computer to TV. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

I am honestly still waiting to see if the bad habits of the last few years are gone or if they will come back.
                          I am a long-term fan as well and caution myself that we often start strong and then seem to deteriorate post Christmas. However, to date this team has shown speed, plays well together, has a better than average forecheck, and goes to the front of the net with reckless abandon; really fun to watch. Time will tell.........
                          Go Cats
                          Former HEA Champions

Comment

Just tried to line up my DVR to record FCS tonight. Showing AA vs. UND instead. Disappointing.

Comment

Never mind - found it on 626, instead of 623. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                                Just tried to line up my DVR to record FCS tonight. Showing AA vs. UND instead. Disappointing.
                                It looks like you're recording the wrong FCS channel. There are three FCS channels. The AA v. UND game is on FOX College Sports (Central), which is channel 623 on DirecTV. The NU v. UNH game is on FOX College Sports (Atlantic), which is channel 626 on DirecTV.

Basically, flip through the three FCS channels to find the games.
                                Fox College Sports (Atlantic): Channel 626 DirecTV
                                Fox College Sports (Central): Channel 608 DirecTV
                                Fox College Sports (Pacific): Channel 623 DirecTV

Comment

Working...
                                X