Ferris State @ RPI, Friday Oct 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris State @ RPI, Friday Oct 12th

Just getting back from hockey practice with the kid - thanks for keeping the updates going Burgie.

Comment

just tuned in and I'm impressed by the RPITV telecast.
      But what are all those empty red seats? Everyone still tailgating?
      GO DU !!!

Comment

3-1 rpi
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Home just in time to see JL put in the clincher. I may have to increase my earlier estimate for total victories this year. Friends tell me we made a few errors and defense needs to tighten up a bit-but that we moved the puck well and actually looked like we had a power play and put guys in front of the net. Go Red!!! Undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The key to winning is fewer than 40 posts?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              The key to winning is fewer than 40 posts?
              And you being at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                And you being at the game.
                That didn't work the last several times that I attended.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  That didn't work the last several times that I attended.
                  It worked tonight! Let's test that hypothesis again tomorrow.

Kudos to Babo, Jim and everyone who brought food (and appetites) who made tailgate tasty and satisfying.

And the team came through tonight! We were outshot and gave up territorial edge in 2nd & 3rd periods. We had nice presence around their net. The D gave Scott Diebold some good looks at the puck and he played well, esp when FSU had some solid scoring chances. (I.e.: Check the rpi tv sequence around 6:30 of the 3rd.)

Beating a good team two nights in a row is hard. Coach is driving home where we need to improve for Game #2. The question: how well do we listen and execute?
                  Here we come!

Comment

39 posts.... hmmm. A few folks were at the tailgate (hope I can remember everyone!): Ralph, EHF, FlagDude08, REDaero91, RKarger, turk181, AspyDad, troyboy, fishcore and wicked slappahs... and a bunch of parents.

Thanks to burgie12, hockeyhound, jmhusker, visoroo & DrD for keping the thread going tonight.
                    Last edited by fr joe; 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM.
                    Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Home just in time to see JL put in the clincher. I may have to increase my earlier estimate for total victories this year. Friends tell me we made a few errors and defense needs to tighten up a bit-but that we moved the puck well and actually looked like we had a power play and put guys in front of the net. Go Red!!! Undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Doc, the team played two great periods. Then they let Ferris dictate the pace of the third. Diebold was very impressive and kept us ahead until JL could put it on ice.
                      Bradley made a mistake that cost us the first goal, but then had a very good game. Considering that it happened in the first two minutes, it was good to see the kid put it behind him.
                      One game does not a season make, but this was a very good start.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Doc, the team played two great periods. Then they let Ferris dictate the pace of the third. Diebold was very impressive and kept us ahead until JL could put it on ice.
                        Bradley made a mistake that cost us the first goal, but then had a very good game. Considering that it happened in the first two minutes, it was good to see the kid put it behind him.
                        One game does not a season make, but this was a very good start.
                        EHF-I did not see any of the first 50 minutes so I really could only comment based on what some others have said to me. I had heard that our defense made one big mistake early-we overcame it-now let's hope we learn and it does not happen that way again. Of course one game means very little (but it does mean something) and we need to keep the pedal to the metal. But it does do one big thing-it shows this group of guys and especially the new crew of freshmen-that on any given night-they can play with and beat a top team. That mind set is very valuable. You do not want to ever feel that you are beaten before you step on the ice or feel that you are up against a team you cannot beat. Sure it is only the first game-but they won it and for the most part played well. I am sure this is something SA will keep hitting on while at the same time picking out all the things that could have been done better. A number of people took issue when I posted before that I had predicited something like 22-24 wins this year. I honestly meant it was not trying to be overly optimistic. I think we have considerable talent and far more depth than in many years. I am pretty comfortable with just about any combination that is put out there on offense, defense or even the power play (and I think for a change-we DO have a power play). We have a long season ahead of us and we just have to bring it every night-and improve on whatever we can improve upon. This is college level hockey-these kids are not NHL perfection so there is always something they can do better. But even with a split this weekend-mission accomplished-getting the season started off on the right foot. Go Red!!!

Comment

Game is available: http://www.rpitv.org/productions/490...s-state-game-1

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                            Thanks to burgie12, hockeyhound, jmhusker, visoroo & DrD for keping the thread going tonight.
                            Yes, thanks.

btw, there is a way to sign up to get text message updates of the score. I was with my daughter and we got updates as the game progressed. pretty cool. don't ask this technologically-challenged dinosaur how though (I first learned to use a computer back when the only computers were mainframes accessed by dial-up modems that you stuck a telephone handset into).
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Yes, thanks.

btw, there is a way to sign up to get text message updates of the score. I was with my daughter and we got updates as the game progressed. pretty cool. don't ask this technologically-challenged dinosaur how though (I first learned to use a computer back when the only computers were mainframes accessed by dial-up modems that you stuck a telephone handset into).
                              Dinosaur? What is a text message? And where do you receive it? My first exposure toa computer was with punchcards and i think it was an IBM 360-Model 50. I suspect my wrist watch has more memory now than that infernal machine had back then.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                btw, there is a way to sign up to get text message updates of the score. ...
                                http://www.rpiathletics.com/member/sms_signup.aspx
                                RIT Tigers
                                2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                                2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X