This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished Business

Bummer. No game to watch/listen to tonight.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

I hear ya.

In other news, they moved to banners to their final home:

https://twitter.com/UnionHockey/stat.../photo/1/large

Comment

I went out to dinner with my wife tonight and she mentioned that it was weird not having my phone vibrating every two minutes with twitter text game updates...
        Keith Reynolds
        Union College
        Class of 1992
        B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
        Class of 2001
        M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

12 For 12 - Sebastien Gingras

Comment

Congratulations to the Dutchwomen for beating RPI last night 3-2 in Troy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Congratulations to the Dutchwomen for beating RPI last night 3-2 in Troy.
              *cries*
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

From the Union website -

SCHENECTADY, NY - Union is offering bus transportation from campus to men's ice hockey road games at Connecticut on Sat., Oct. 27 and at RPI on Friday, Nov. 2.

For Union's game against Connecticut on Saturday, the total price for roundtrip bus and game ticket will be $31 per person, and $25 for just the bus. The bus is slated to leave College Park Hall at approximately 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Please RSVP to Union Hockey administrative assistant Chelsea Soules by noon on Thursday at 518-388-6288 or by email at soulesc@union.edu.

For Union's game at RPI on Nov. 2, the total price for roundtrip bus and game ticket will be $22 per person, and $10 for just the bus. Fans have until next Wed., Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. to RSVP at 518-388-6288 or by email at soulesc@union.edu.

Comment

Inside College Hockey is no more. Sorry to see it go. http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...eek-4-farewel/

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                    From the Union website -
                    We'll have TSA guys ready to give pat downs.

Comment

Trevor Mingoia has left the team, according to Ken Schott. It was a "mutual decision" and he's joining the USHL Tri-City Storm. Mingoia had yet to see ice time this year.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...n-hockey-team/

Comment

I am always a little disappointed to learn about a player leaving the team and the College. It means that expectations were not met in some fashion which is a bit of a letdown. Still all the best to Trevor in his hockey and academic pursuits.

Comment

Interestingly, recruit Mike Vecchione plays for USHL's Tri-City. I wonder what it says to him that someone left the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                            Pontarelli looks like a good one, nice get by the staff.
                            He is a good one... I think he will be an excellent ECAC player. He was selected to compete at Canada East
                            Selection Camp for WJA's

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...95/la_id/1.htm
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hopefully, Pontarelli ends up here and doesn't pull an Andrew Johnston on us.

Bennett quote from Schott on Mingoia's sudden departure:

"He made a decision that he wanted to leave," Bennett said. "We respect it. Basically, we don't cut kids here. That's not our style, that's not our policy here as a coaching staff. ... Just based on playing time and everything else, he decided to leave."
                              It seems like part of the reason he hadn't played this year was due to a preseason injury. But he's fine now, apparently.
                              Last edited by rdf8585; 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Trevor Mingoia has left the team, according to Ken Schott. It was a "mutual decision" and he's joining the USHL Tri-City Storm. Mingoia had yet to see ice time this year.
                                http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...n-hockey-team/
                                That is definitely disappointing.. I really liked Trevor's skill set and thought he had great potential, but he was looking like the odd man out when it came to getting icetime. Still, it is early in the season and I thought he would eventually get his chance.. too bad. This is one of the downsides of having so much depth that good program's have - it's tough to keep everyone happy. I wish him well but hope he doesn't come back to bite Union.

Hopefully, Pontarelli ends up here and doesn't pull an Andrew Johnston on us.
                                Pontarelli is 5-7, no NHL team is going to scoop him up right away. Johnston was 6-1 with room to grow and had more of an NHL body. Pontarelli does look like an impressive offensive talent. Currently has 19 points in 11 games in the CCHL (Ontario). That is close to 2 points per game which from my calcs puts him second in the league in that category.

In other recruit news, D-man Matt Krug of Indiana (USHL) is apparently on the 1st PP unit and has 5 points in 9 games, which is good for 4th in the league in D-man scoring. He had only 11 points all of last season, so is seeing a major jump in his offensive numbers, though he had put up big numbers in Ontario juniors two seasons ago so not a huge surprise. Mike Vecchione at Tri-City is also off to a nice start with 5 points in 7 games. Jeff Taylor (Dubuque) had a promising start with 2 points in his first 3 games, but has missed the last week or two with an upper body injury - hopefully he bounces back with no long term ill effects. Tyler Hynes (Omaha) had a goal in his first game but has only 2 points in 7 games. Meanwhile out in the BCHL, goalie Joe Young was released by Vernon after playing in only 2 games and doing terribly, though Vernon looks to be a pretty bad team. Have not heard where he will be playing next..
                                UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X