This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2012-2013 - Unfinished Business

Only one lineup change tonight. Roy out as fourth line center. Mark Bennett in.

http://media.tumblr.com/100b6606962e...Zio1qz4rgp.jpg

Comment

Dartmouth game 2 lines -

Up front:

Matt Lindblad - Tyler Sikura - Dustin Walsh
      Connor Dempsey - Nick Bligh - Eric Neiley
      Jesse Beamish - Charlie Mosey - Tim O'Brien
      Brad Schierhorn - Alex Goodship - Eric Robinson

No extra forward tonight - Dartmouth head coach Gaudet going back to 6 defensemen with D Andy Simpson rejoining the lineup. Brett Patterson was the extra forward last night. Patterson is sitting this one out.

On defense:

Mike Keenan - Ryan Bullock
      Geoff Ferguson - Taylor Boldt
      Rick Pinkston - Simpson

Comment

This was a complete, 60-minute effort by the Dutchmen. Outside of two bad turnovers (Jooris & Ghost), this team did everything right in all phases of the game.

On to AC! I don't know if I'll be going, but I like this team's chances now...especially the way they've played their past 4 games.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

So much for rolling right on through Union.

Comment

Postgame videos -

Dartmouth's Gaudet - a great moment in there with him with Schott

Union players - Sullivan, K.Bodie, Gostisbehere

One more coming....

Comment

Bennett postgamer

Comment

Congrats on the series win, see you folks in AC!
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

A great way to end the season at Messa and congratulations to the players & coaches for making it to AC! Sullivan had a whale of a game, nice to see him rewarded with a couple goals. The team seems to be peaking at just the right time and hopefully can do some damage next weekend.

Also want to note the very classy comments by Gaudet after the game (not to mention the poking fun at Ken ). He is definitely very emotional during the games, but some coaches are like that and mostly I don't begrudge any coach some gamesmanship when it comes to the refs, etc. It was definitely a frustrating weekend for Dartmouth, but was good that things didn't get out of hand at the end. They are a good young team and should make some noise again next season.
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Postgame blog can be found here.

It was a pretty impressive weekend. Union didn't trail in either game and really reminded me of the kind of team we saw the last few years. This is now four games in a row with excellent performances and they really seem to be peaking at the right time. Whoever gets them on Friday will have a tough task.

These quarterfinal wins are always kind of bittersweet for me, though. Glad Union advances, but the idea of almost 7 months without a game at Messa is a downer. This regular season went by faster than even last years did.

Comment

Union draws Yale in the semi-finals at Atlantic City. Would've rather have went against Brown, but I think the boys match up favorably with Yale.

How many posters plan on going to Atlantic City? I'll be there for sure. It's a pretty bad trip, but it was worth every mile to see the team win last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                        Union draws Yale in the semi-finals at Atlantic City. Would've rather have went against Brown, but I think the boys match up favorably with Yale.

How many posters plan on going to Atlantic City? I'll be there for sure. It's a pretty bad trip, but it was worth every mile to see the team win last year.
                        Looks like we get the 7:00 game. I rented a house for this weekend a little less than a month ago so I am very happy that Union hockey will be making the trip down to AC with me. I'll be with about a dozen other alums so it should be a good time.

Doesn't make sense to buy tickets ahead of time, right? If I remember correctly, last year it was completely empty and you could buy tickets from scalpers outside for a fraction of face value.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Working...
                        X