Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Check out Chilkoot Charlie's on a Friday night. Bring Kevlar.
    I've been there several times. Had a fun time.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by shootdontpass View Post
      The kid on the horse stick is so annoying. I'm gonna trip him if he's back. That crap belongs at a kindergarten party, not a hockey game, stupid alaska.
      If they stop playing William Tell, I guarantee you he won't ride the stick because he won't know when to start riding.

If you do trip him, can you make sure it's during the song so I can get it on my DVR? They usually always show him riding, so the dozens of people watching tape delayed UAA games at 10 pm on Friday can't see the sections of empty seats in the upper balconies.
      _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
      No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
        If they stop playing William Tell, I guarantee you he won't ride the stick because he won't know when to start riding.

If you do trip him, can you make sure it's during the song so I can get it on my DVR? They usually always show him riding, so the dozens of people watching tape delayed UAA games at 10 pm on Friday can't see the sections of empty seats in the upper balconies.
        What's the big deal? At least the guy has some SPIRIT!! Wish there were 1000 more with that kind of heart at the Sully.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yes, have spirit, but don't embarrass Alaska like that. It's ****ing stupid! It's not funny, it's not cool. What would be a lot better is something like DJ dance cam. Play some Chris Brown and get the younger crowd going. The atmosphere would be so much better with more young people in there because they make the most noise. I don't know why UAA doesn't do more to advertise and offer specials on tickets to HS aged kids. That's a large demographic they're missing out on.

Comment

Yes, have spirit, but don't embarrass Alaska like that. It's ****ing stupid! It's not funny, it's not cool. What would be a lot better is something like DJ dance cam. Play some Chris Brown and get the younger crowd going. The atmosphere would be so much better with more young people in there because they make the most noise. I don't know why UAA doesn't do more to advertise and offer specials on tickets to HS aged kids. That's a large demographic they're missing out on.
            He was no more embarrassing than the product on the ice last season.

Comment

I'm not normally one to dive into hot button issues, but I don't think UAA (or any university) should be playing music from a guy who beat the **** out of his girlfriend just to try and get kids pumped up. Just sayin'.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                I'm not normally one to dive into hot button issues, but I don't think UAA (or any university) should be playing music from a guy who beat the **** out of his girlfriend just to try and get kids pumped up. Just sayin'.
                Personally Rap music should NOT be played at a game at all, Idk how you uaf fans deal with the LMFAO crap they play up there during the games
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

They do try to get the HS kids involved. I believe (at least they used to) offer free tickets to all the highschool hockey teams. Hopefully when they aren't playing themselves they take advantage of that.

The guy riding the horse has done that for YEARS. Nobody ever complained about it when the Sully was full and rockin. Wanna talk about embarrassing? That stupid mascot is embarrassing. Total failure. There are numerous teams around the country with the Seawolf as a mascot, but UAA's is the only one that looks ********.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I totally agree that the physical representation of our mascot is pretty stupid, although to be fair other schools versions aren't exactly confidence inspiring either. I'll let you all decide, though:

Erie Seawolves' 'C. Wolf'

Sonoma State University Seawolves (name unknown)

UAA Seawolves' 'Spirit The Seawolf'

Stony Brook Seawolves' 'Wolfie'

Mississippi Seawolves' 'Hook'

FWIW, I give the Stony Brook Seawolves and the Eerie Seawolves the win for best costume. I give the Mississippi Seawolves (what the heck is that on his head?) and the Sonoma University Seawolves a big fat fail for worst designs. I'd say ours is about in the middle.
                    Last edited by Alaskana; 10-10-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      What's the big deal? At least the guy has some SPIRIT!! Wish there were 1000 more with that kind of heart at the Sully.
                      I wish there were 1000 more fans period.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
                        I totally agree that the physical representation of our mascot is pretty stupid, although to be fair other schools versions aren't exactly confidence inspiring either. I'll let you all decide, though:

Erie Seawolves' 'C. Wolf'

Sonoma State University Seawolves (name unknown)

UAA Seawolves' 'Spirit The Seawolf'

Stony Brook Seawolves' 'Wolfie'

Mississippi Seawolves' 'Hook'

FWIW, I give the Stony Brook Seawolves and the Eerie Seawolves the win for best costume. I give the Mississippi Seawolves (what the heck is that on his head?) and the Sonoma University Seawolves a big fat fail for worst designs. I'd say ours is about in the middle.
                        At least those others look like a wolf and not a reptile. Our mascot is a laughing stock if you ask other fans.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          At least those others look like a wolf and not a reptile. Our mascot is a laughing stock if you ask other fans.
                          You can never go wrong with a polar bear everyone loves them, only thing better would be a panda.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                            You can never go wrong with a polar bear everyone loves them, only thing better would be a panda.
                            ...or three Polar Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              ...or three Polar Bears!
                              The little polar bear reminds me of Mini Me from the Austin Powers movies.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                The little polar bear reminds me of Mini Me from the Austin Powers movies.
                                I don't have a problem with the idea of a polar bear, but those costumes you have are almost as ugly as our Seawolf.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X