UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

This is the last year of the Current Wcha, Let's hope the wolves can go out with a bang before realignment hits.

8 freshman coming in, Blake Tatchell & blake Leask seem to be studs and will probably be regulars in lineup.

Season starts in 30 days, hopefully you all will be at the Meet N greet saturday to meet the team.

GO SEAWOLVES!!!
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: UAA Seawolves 2012-2013 Thread "the Last Hurrah"

Didn't make the Meet and Greet on Saturday. Would be nice to have a report on how it went. Looking forward to seeing our new freshman and looking forward to getting the last year in the current WCHA over with (and hopefully out of last place!).
    Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      This is the last year of the Current Wcha, Let's hope the wolves can go out with a bang before realignment hits.

8 freshman coming in, Blake Tatchell & blake Leask seem to be studs and will probably be regulars in lineup.

Season starts in 30 days, hopefully you all will be at the Meet N greet saturday to meet the team.

GO SEAWOLVES!!!
      Hard to believe the season is only a month away. I believe official practices start on the 24th. Not too much time practicing before the tourney!!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Hard to believe the season is only a month away. I believe official practices start on the 24th. Not too much time practicing before the tourney!!
        Suze, very true on the very lil practice time before the season, but that's how its always been (they do have captain's practices for about a month i believe)

Anyway hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful fall weather we are having right now. 31 days til the kendall, 25 til the regina game.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
          Didn't make the Meet and Greet on Saturday. Would be nice to have a report on how it went. Looking forward to seeing our new freshman and looking forward to getting the last year in the current WCHA over with (and hopefully out of last place!).
          Didn't get to go myself, i'm guessing it was like last year's minus all the hooplah over the new arena.

Comment

Didn't get to go myself, i'm guessing it was like last year's minus all the hooplah over the new arena.
            I hope it was better than last years, there was hardly anyone there.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Little article on Ice issues at the Sully (more of a case for a new rink on campus)
              http://www.adn.com/2012/09/26/264170...-sullivan.html

and early little arcticle from our "friend" doyle woody
              http://www.adn.com/2012/09/24/263895...-new-hope.html

Comment

Little article on Ice issues at the Sully (more of a case for a new rink on campus)
                http://www.adn.com/2012/09/26/264170...-sullivan.html

and early little arcticle from our "friend" doyle woody
                http://www.adn.com/2012/09/24/263895...-new-hope.html
                Well isn't that great. Not looking forward to being at the Wells Fargo if it comes to that! Couldn't teams play in Wasilla? I know it's 25-50 miles away from their fan base, bit it's better than the WF.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well isn't that great. Not looking forward to being at the Wells Fargo if it comes to that! Couldn't teams play in Wasilla? I know it's 25-50 miles away from their fan base, bit it's better than the WF.
                  I honestly don't think it will come to that because with the exception of the roof, they'll usually pretty good about fixing "minor stuff" sounded like they were almost done fixing it when i talked to a buddy of mine who works there.

Anyway 8 days til the exhibition.

Comment

I honestly don't think it will come to that because with the exception of the roof, they'll usually pretty good about fixing "minor stuff" sounded like they were almost done fixing it when i talked to a buddy of mine who works there.

Anyway 8 days til the exhibition.
                    I heard the only things they were fixing (until this latest problem) were the sidewalks. Absolutely nothing is being done inside the arena.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They would have to negotiate a price with whoever had the ice time in Wasilla already, plus there wouldn't be enough locker rooms and the logistics of getting everything out there.

Play at UAA and you have none of those issues.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

One week and game on at Eagle River. Looking forward to having the Seawolves playing in Eagle River again (brought my tickets the first day they came on sale).
                        It will be our first look at the new players and I for one am a little excited about our new class. Also looking forward to seeing them play against Regina - have great memories of getting my Masters degree in Regina many years ago. GO SEAWOLVES!
                        Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          They would have to negotiate a price with whoever had the ice time in Wasilla already, plus there wouldn't be enough locker rooms and the logistics of getting everything out there.

Play at UAA and you have none of those issues.
                          No, the only issue is the Wells Fargo holds, what, 750? Lots of season ticket holders wouldn't be able to attend.

Why doesn't the team have a green & gold game like they used to?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

No, the only issue is the Wells Fargo holds, what, 750? Lots of season ticket holders wouldn't be able to attend.

Why doesn't the team have a green & gold game like they used to?
                            its' called standing, which is what you are SUPPOSED TO DO at a college sporting event. Ever watch college football? Every fan is standing the whole game (not just the students) So i don't see a huge issue, not that we have a lot of season ticket holders anyway.

Comment

Are tickets on sale for the Kendall yet? And, anyone know what the prices are? The website wasn't particularly helpful.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                              X