This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13

Evan Tironese and the Alberni Valley Bulldogs open their regular season on Friday http://bchl.ca/leagues/schedules.cfm...&leagueid=2393.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had mentioned in an earlier post that our list of recruits(for 2013 forward) seemed a tad small in stature. A quick look at the list for Cornell, Harvard and especially Princeton(for the same time period) shows quite a difference. Spoke with a Princeton staff member at dinner the other night who pointed out that their recruit list now boasts 9 players who were 6' or taller. Seems the above mentioned Ivies are bulking up a bit.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I had mentioned in an earlier post that our list of recruits(for 2013 forward) seemed a tad small in stature. A quick look at the list for Cornell, Harvard and especially Princeton(for the same time period) shows quite a difference. Spoke with a Princeton staff member at dinner the other night who pointed out that their recruit list now boasts 9 players who were 6' or taller. Seems the above mentioned Ivies are bulking up a bit.
        Besides for Burgdoerfer who rarely plays and Merriam who will probably be replaced by a walk-on, the seniors (Bailen, Lee, and O'Grady) aren't big either. I prefer talented big men to talented small men, but I prefer talented small men to not-talented big men. I am sure that SA and company are looking for more Zalewskis, but they are hard to come by.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Besides for Burgdoerfer who rarely plays and Merriam who will probably be replaced by a walk-on, the seniors (Bailen, Lee, and O'Grady) aren't big either. I prefer talented big men to talented small men, but I prefer talented small men to not-talented big men. I am sure that SA and company are looking for more Zalewskis, but they are hard to come by.
          Obviously we are trying to recruit talented players. Each school listed is doing the same thing. But for some reason they are finding or landing bigger bodies than we are right now. Not sure if this is a strategy that SA is keeping to or just some sort of statistical aberration. We have recruited some size in the past few years and on first blush it just stands out a bit that the list for the future is much smaller.

Comment

If anyone is in the Burlington, VT area, The Selects Hockey Academy (Charlie Manley) is playing there in a tourney Friday-Sunday. Friday is 8:15 PM at Gutterson. The other games are at other rinks. See the schedule http://www.southkentschool.org/athle...ts Hockey U-16.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

for those that like to follow such things.....here's the Protected Lists for various Teams/Leagues....... BTW, Mark Knowlton is on the NJ Hitmen's list in the EJHL.... http://usahockey.com/Template_Usahoc...2_11&id=307074
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Obviously we are trying to recruit talented players. Each school listed is doing the same thing. But for some reason they are finding or landing bigger bodies than we are right now. Not sure if this is a strategy that SA is keeping to or just some sort of statistical aberration. We have recruited some size in the past few years and on first blush it just stands out a bit that the list for the future is much smaller.
                size doesn't seem to be an issue when Bryan Vines (6'2" 212) goes after D-Men.....maybe we need for him to go with Nolan Graham (5'9" 165) when recruiting forwards
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  size doesn't seem to be an issue when Bryan Vines (6'2" 212) goes after D-Men.....maybe we need for him to go with Nolan Graham (5'9" 165) when recruiting forwards
                  Maybe you have isolated the problem. I wonder who recruited Dale Watson for Garry Kearns. I think it was Bob Brinkworth's father.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Maybe you have isolated the problem. I wonder who recruited Dale Watson for Garry Kearns. I think it was Bob Brinkworth's father.
                    at 5'2" it was no problem for Kearns to get a big body

Comment

I see from the Princeton thread that it's being reported (per USHR) that Delbarton F, Josh Melnick has committed to PU.

Comment

So then Graham can also.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see from the Princeton thread that it's being reported (per USHR) that Delbarton F, Josh Melnick has committed to PU.
                          As I had posted a few times-I really thought we should take a careful look at that kid. He is small-no he is smaller than small-but he just has the hockey sense and the knack for being in the right place and ability to score. In the 10+ games we have been at the past few years-Princeton and Yale are always there. There are lots of others looking but we just are not able to recognize many of them. With melanson gone from Delbarton, we may only see 1 or 2 games this coming year unless it becomes known that RPI has an interest in a player there.

Comment

And that was with skates on! (but he certainly supposedly hit a lot bigger than that)

Comment

As I had posted a few times-I really thought we should take a careful look at that kid. He is small-no he is smaller than small-but he just has the hockey sense and the knack for being in the right place and ability to score. In the 10+ games we have been at the past few years-Princeton and Yale are always there. There are lots of others looking but we just are not able to recognize many of them. With melanson gone from Delbarton, we may only see 1 or 2 games this coming year unless it becomes known that RPI has an interest in a player there.
                              You recently complained about our recruits being too small, and now we should get another one? I think that SA has done a great job in recruiting since he has been here. IMO, that is not really a problem.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You recently complained about our recruits being too small, and now we should get another one? I think that SA has done a great job in recruiting since he has been here. IMO, that is not really a problem.
                                Ralph-Don't try to read between the lines-I never complained about anything. I merely pointed out a statistic that was fairly obvious. Our list of recruits consisted of much smaller players than that of Cornell and Princeton. Nothing more and nothing less. i just wondered why when we seem to be scouting the same kids at the same places?

Comment

Working...
                                X