Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD 2012-13 SEASON!!! The Quest for 6 begins!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD 2012-13 SEASON!!! The Quest for 6 begins!!!

I got my season tickets in the mail yesterday which sounds exactly like the right time for starting a new season thread!!

So, when does practice start? And, who's going to be the #1 goalie??? I need to get my sign made early this season . . . I'll be able to make it to the first couple of home games and need to make my presence felt!!

GO 'DOGS!!!

Who knew you could relive it . . . ???

Re: UMD 2012-13 SEASON!!! The Quest for 6 begins!!!

(polite applause) well done, binny

Comment

* golf clap with Joe Schmoe *

Comment

Not quite as it relates to the upcoming season, but a look at Sidney Morin who has committed to UMD for 2013-2014 (along with some other Sydneys all hailing from Minnetonka.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4IIu7HmI0&t=1m57s

Comment

Looking forward to the opening weekend!!!! Such a BIG freshman class!

That said, we're low on D.

No Wong (recovering from surgery this spring, I presume)
          No Laquette (at Canada National Camp)
          Rumours of other D's injured.

yikes.

Comment

YIKES! sounds about right. Who knows? Maybe the dogs will do much better than they are supposed to. Hope so anyway. Anyone know who will show up for the Whitecaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Toothlessinduluth View Post
              Anyone know who will show up for the Whitecaps?
              For most games, it seems like even the Whitecaps don't know until game time.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                For most games, it seems like even the Whitecaps don't know until game time.
                Which makes it impossible to predict how they'll do in any given game.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well, it will be interesting. Rumored to have two actual defenseman dressing.

I'm approaching this game as A) excited for the hockey season and B) an opportunity for the huge freshman class to get the jitters out.

Three new goalies. God help us if Potter shows up.

It will only get better from here. Let's just hope they can get better in the first half of the season and not the last quarter.

I'm excited for the opportunities.

Comment

Nice to see the Down Under girl, Del Basso score her first goal in her first game...Katie had a good game making her presence known...2 assists and might have had 2 or 3 goals. And nice goal by Winberg taking advantage of the Whitecaps defensive miscue...nice shot.

With big holes in each roster the game was not as interesting as it may otherwise have been but the result was substantially better than I was expecting. Not sure if the 'Dogs were better than I was expecting or the Whitecaps somewhat less so. I think a bit of both.

Would like to have seen the two new 'Dog netminders challanged more but the Whitecaps only seemed to start gaining some rhythm in the last half of the game. And their conditioning is probably not as good as UMD's and with their short bench what more could one expect...although they did rally back to make it a game. That being said it was an interesting set of circumstances for each team.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                      Nice to see the Down Under girl, Del Basso score her first goal in her first game...Katie had a good game making her presence known...2 assists and might have had 2 or 3 goals. And nice goal by Winberg taking advantage of the Whitecaps defensive miscue...nice shot.

With big holes in each roster the game was not as interesting as it may otherwise have been but the result was substantially better than I was expecting. Not sure if the 'Dogs were better than I was expecting or the Whitecaps somewhat less so. I think a bit of both.

Great recap, BB Agree on the fact that both teams are not quite "whole" There's some chatter that Vetter is showing up tomorrow in goal for the Whitecaps. Could be a game changer. Was impressed with Kenyon who we did not see much of last year due to her injury. She had some speed tonight. Agreed on Wilson, definite hard work happening there. She's due!

Cautiously optimistic but mostly impressed with the hard work ethic that seemed to be lacking at times last year by the team as a whole.

Regardless, hockey is here!! And that is a great thing!

Comment

Been so busy this week didn't get to the forum to post any thoughts on the Whitecaps game (I only saw the Friday game.) I was most impressed by Winberg on Friday, showing a burst of speed to create a a breakaway goal for herself, something I don't really remember seeing from her. She's always been able to put the puck in the net, but if she starts showing bursts of speed to blow by players, watch out. Del Basso did something on Friday I don't remember seeing a skater do.. she jumped and turned 180 degrees and stopped on a dime in the 2nd period Friday.

I'm expecting that Jordan Krause will end up in Wong's place after this season, should UMD continue to use this offensive scheme after Wong graduates, big strong skater who carried the puck well. Interested to see what kind of slap shot she'll have from the point.

*****http://www.viewthroughmylens.net/Galleries/UMDWomensHockey/2012-13/9-28VsWhitecaps/9-28UMDWHockeyWhitecapsTM24.jpg******

As like the Whitecaps series, I'll only see the Friday game, this week with UMD football on Saturday

UMD#1

View Through My Lens.Net

UMD Game Photos

UMD Women's Hockey Fans Page

Comment

Missed the first period today...where was McParland?

Comment

There is a huge disturbance in the force along the North Shore...

That was not the start anyone associated with UMD (coach, players, fans) were envisioning.
                            Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                            Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                            Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Unranked this week by USCHO...ouch!

Is this not the first time in UMD's history that they have been unranked? They hung on by their fingernails, as I recall, to the #10 spot late last season but I don't think that they went unranked for even a week. However, I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X