Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
    Rumor has it that JDA is in town hang'n w/the boys.
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I was wondering about tb's remark. That didn't sound noteworthy.
    Sorry tb. I just realized after reading S@hD's post that JDA does NOT stand for Jake Laliberte. I'll blame it on old age. DrD must have been referring to me in post 56.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      RB, I don't think he has say anything of note for about 30 years.
      Aspy was you drunk when you wrote this???
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
        lugnut92 and I won't be at the tailgate for the whole time as we'll need to be back in the HFH early for Pep Band activities, but we'll be there, and as RedAero91 said, she and I will be bringing some sort of dessert.
        If you be-at the field house earlier than I remember, perhaps come out and play a song prior to 38:00.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If you be-at the field house earlier than I remember, perhaps come out and play a song prior to 38:00.
          Yeah, no. Too many people to move in too little time.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Regarding a previous question with the tailgate. I was talking to a Event Staff (parking lot) member at the Field House last season and believe he said they all start to clock in at 5 to monitor permit parking only lots. However i could be mistaken
            RPI

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Aspy was you drunk when you wrote this???
              No, I'm laying off the sause after tourney.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FieldHouseFaithful View Post
                Regarding a previous question with the tailgate. I was talking to a Event Staff (parking lot) member at the Field House last season and believe he said they all start to clock in at 5 to monitor permit parking only lots. However i could be mistaken
                Not a problem, we run the joint.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

July article about Cornwall inking an offensive defenceman (they have some beef on the vlue line also). Interesting that the article states that the kid is looking to turn his DIII ride (Hobart) into a DI ride. I'm not sure I'd be admitting that publicly, even if that was my goal... Also mentions them inking 18 yr. old Montreal area forward Michael Pontarelli, who is said to be a sniper type of kid...should be one to watch.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ffensive-d-man
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 08-26-2012, 11:33 AM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Writing this from the USO in lovely St. Louis, MO...for those of you who weren't at our first tailgate and plan on attending this year, the lovely pair of Troy Boy and Aspy Dad have donated a parking spot in lot D. If you get there and there's no one in the lot, you're early...just wait. As far as security, the coaching staff can run interference if our detail gets out-muscled. I have definitely been given access to the stove in the BRO's dorm so I will have some sort of warm tidbits. It's nice for us to have food but I don't see that as much of a priority as the (ahem!) 'cheer' that will be among us. So if any of you is concerned about showing up without food to share, that's not a problem...but God help the poor slob who tries to take my beer/wine/booze/bar rag!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Sorry tb. I just realized after reading S@hD's post that JDA does NOT stand for Jake Laliberte. I'll blame it on old age. DrD must have been referring to me in post 56.
                      Ralph-I wasn't-but I really did not understand what you were referring to. I suppose evryone is getting a bit antsy waiting for the season to start.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                        Writing this from the USO in lovely St. Louis, MO...for those of you who weren't at our first tailgate and plan on attending this year, the lovely pair of Troy Boy and Aspy Dad have donated a parking spot in lot D. If you get there and there's no one in the lot, you're early...just wait. As far as security, the coaching staff can run interference if our detail gets out-muscled. I have definitely been given access to the stove in the BRO's dorm so I will have some sort of warm tidbits. It's nice for us to have food but I don't see that as much of a priority as the (ahem!) 'cheer' that will be among us. So if any of you is concerned about showing up without food to share, that's not a problem...but God help the poor slob who tries to take my beer/wine/booze/bar rag!
                        I have a portable grill, 2 folding 6' tables, and 2 pop up tents I can bring if we all feel the need for sum or all of it. I have a p/u truck so no biggie to throw everything into the back of it. Just need to know what people think I should bring. I also have a few chairs but after this years track season I will be down a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          lovely St. Louis, MO
                          Woohoo!
                          RPI Pep Band
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Ralph-I wasn't-but I really did not understand what you were referring to. I suppose evryone is getting a bit antsy waiting for the season to start.
                            Good point. At the moment I am also looking forward to honoring Ryan Haggerty in the countdown on Tueday.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                              lugnut92 and I won't be at the tailgate for the whole time as we'll need to be back in the HFH early for Pep Band activities, but we'll be there, and as RedAero91 said, she and I will be bringing some sort of dessert.
                              Let's give a cheer for ol' Rensselaer. You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Let's give a cheer for ol' Rensselaer. You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!
                                Hey, this is family weekend!

Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer! You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!
                                Send the freshmen out for gin, and don't let a sober sophomore in!
                                We never stumble, we never fall!
                                We sober up on pure alcohol!
                                And when we yell, we YELL LIKE HELL for the glory of Rensselaer!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X