Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I believe Jake is of legal age now...so conceivably, yes.
    if you've ever read the BRO's twitters, JL may have been of legal age during the Vietnam War....when he originally committed to RPI.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      if you've ever read the BRO's twitters, JL may have been of legal age during the Vietnam War....when he originally committed to RPI.
      I am not a tweeter, nor do I aspire to be one.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Ok Ralph. More tidbits from Cornwall, with training camp roster shortening looming...

Coach MacInnis: "...Don’t know if you can call it a surprise but I really like how the local guys like Ross Craig, Benny Poirier, Andrew Ming and Tanner Spink have carried themselves,” he said.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...-colts-to-trim
        Didn't you mean to post this on the Colgate thread?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          If you can direct me to one, I'll do it...
          This was nice. Good job.
          Maybe I'll bring Red Cloud with me
          Last edited by jericho; 08-24-2012, 09:39 AM.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Ok Ralph. More tidbits from Cornwall, with training camp roster shortening looming...

Coach MacInnis: "...Don’t know if you can call it a surprise but I really like how the local guys like Ross Craig, Benny Poirier, Andrew Ming and Tanner Spink have carried themselves,” he said.

I'm a little fuzzy on this but wasn't Eric Ming (Cornwall '08-'10) once on RPI's radar? I'm assuming Andrew (6'1 173lbs "96) is his brother/relative.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              I'm a little fuzzy on this but wasn't Eric Ming (Cornwall '08-'10) once on RPI's radar? I'm assuming Andrew (6'1 173lbs "96) is his brother/relative.
              That is correct. I wanna say he was offered at one point. IIRC, he had a solid year in Kitchener last season.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

That is correct. I wanna say he was offered at one point. IIRC, he had a solid year in Kitchener last season.
                I couldn't find the original Standard Freeloader article, but from http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...hockey-options
                If you're into reading the tea leaves, Ming in the past has talked about playing at NCAA school RPI near Albany being a dream of his.
                I don't recall if we ever knew for sure if he received an offer, and USCHO posts back that far were all purged.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

More Spinks?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    More Spinks?
                    Yes sir. And lest we not forget Yanik Laliberte in Hawkesbury.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      I will steer it to hockey and God willing, I will be here in 3 years so everyone can tell me how wrong I am. (I hope this info is wrong). The move to Lake Placid is pretty much the last straw for SOME of the Ivies. Several AD's and or presidents looking to break away from ECAC and start a 6 team Ivy league. Conceding they will have to stay thru 2014-15 but look for some more news on this in the not to distant future.
                      That move would not surprise me, John. In fact, I would be very surprised if it did NOT happen in the next 2-3 years. All the more reason this league should've found a way to put the toruney in MSG, if in fact that was a legitimate option as reported in the New Haven Register last week.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        I will steer it to hockey and God willing, I will be here in 3 years so everyone can tell me how wrong I am. (I hope this info is wrong). The move to Lake Placid is pretty much the last straw for SOME of the Ivies. Several AD's and or presidents looking to break away from ECAC and start a 6 team Ivy league. Conceding they will have to stay thru 2014-15 but look for some more news on this in the not to distant future.
                        I would love to know how the voting on the tourney location went. I can see that most of the Ivies are farther away from LP than most of the non-Ivies, but besides for that, I am not sure why the Ivies (as a group) should regard that as the last straw. I would think that if several of the Ivies regarded LP as the last straw, it would not have been chosen unless the non-Ivies wouldn't mind the Ivies going their own way.

I have many times heard that the reason that RPI stayed in the ECAC in the mid80's was that RPI (the Admin) regarded this association with the Ivies as a distinct plus for the school, and let's face it, at that time even Hokydad would have thought that RPI was on the upswing and was much in demand. I suspect that the other non-Ivy schools feel similarly. The Ivies regard the non-Ivies in a similar light, but they think that if they have to associate with some other D-I schools, this is about as good as it will get. So the questions are 1) do the Ivies gain something from the non-Ivies and 2) do the Ivies regard a six-team league as viable, since neither Penn nor Columbia show any signs of starting a program. To 1, not as much as they used to since the non-Ivies are mostly in a down period currently. On the other hand, the fact that the non-Ivies are down currently has opened up NCAA berths more to the Ivies. To 2, it's viable, but I personally think it would hurt them in the long run.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes sir. And lest we not forget Yanik Laliberte in Hawkesbury.
                          In your opinion, does he have D-I talent? Heisenberg has never added him to his page. BTW, I note that Melanson has been moved up in CH's ranking recently.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            In your opinion, does he have D-I talent? Heisenberg has never added him to his page. BTW, I note that Melanson has been moved up in CH's ranking recently.
                            Can't honestly say. Haven't seen him play and haven't even read an assessment of his skills. He's 19 I think, and is quite small 5'8 155 (listed as), had 16-18-44 in 57 games...decent numbers on Hawks team that lost to Cornwall in the playoffs (he was 9-1-5-6).

Comment

Rumor has it that JDA is in town hang'n w/the boys.
                              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Add me to the list of posters who will be showing up for the pre game booze fest/tailgate/hooliganism whatever we will call it. Most likely coming after work that day. Im calling for a group shot of all us posters before we enter the game.
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X