Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part III: BYOB: Bring Your Own Bratwurst

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I suspect SA has more than enough on his plate right now and would not need to add any concerns about the many other sports we participate in. Let him concentrate on men's hockey for now-we will need every moment of his time this year with a young team and considerable emerging talent.
    with respect to AD & tb, I agree with Doc & RB.....although it might be a bump in the wallet for SA, stick to the business at hand.....
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      with respect to AD & tb, I agree with Doc & RB.....although it might be a bump in the wallet for SA, stick to the business at hand.....
      I certainly respect the opinions expressed. At some point this maybe the new paradigm in atheltic depts, especially smaller ones like the ones in question. I also think having SA in this type of position would bring more emphasis on hockey program which of course is the premier sport at the Tute.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I remember an old Friday Night Lights episode where Coach Taylor was expressing the desire for a higher salary and booster Buddy Garrity had the idea to make him the athletic director. "See, Eric, you'll get a bigger salary and you won't really have to do anything more than just keep coaching the football team like you've been doing."

Flash ahead to Taylor's first day as AD. A woman walks into his office and says "Excuse me, are you Eric Taylor, the athletic director?" Taylor looks at her and says, "Why, yes, ma'am, I sure am."

Whereupon she identifies herself as the girls' soccer coach, slams a half-deflated soccer ball on his desk, and starts berating him about the inequities in the athletic department budget.

The soccer coach leaves, whereupon Taylor turns to one of his assistant football coaches and says, "I am going to kill Buddy Garrity."

Careful what you ask for there, AspyDad.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          I certainly respect the opinions expressed. At some point this maybe the new paradigm in atheltic depts, especially smaller ones like the ones in question. I also think having SA in this type of position would bring more emphasis on hockey program which of course is the premier sport at the Tute.
          Aspydad, when my daughter was on the diving team at RPI, the AD was at every meet. And from there, he went to watch the basketball team or the track team or any other team that was playing that day. That day was always Saturday, in the morning or afternoon, before the hockey team played in the evening.
          Let SA coach the hockey team and if he needs a boost in salary, let him improve the record of the hockey team.
          He is a great coach, but he needs to get a few more wins under his belt.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Pile on will not be complete until FDude weighs in.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              Adad you are truly a man of genius !!!!!!!!!!!
              Plus, I'm mom's favorite.

Comment

In honor of Scott Diebold, today is 2 September 2012. There are 34 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is scheduled.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-02-2012, 06:40 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think AspyDad is totally wrong in his statement of SA being assistant AD.....he actually should have said he needs to be President of the Institute.... Being an assistant AD and coaching the team is a piece of cake for our great coach. Lets drop the puck already.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                    I think AspyDad is totally wrong in his statement of SA being assistant AD.....he actually should have said he needs to be President of the Institute.... Being an assistant AD and coaching the team is a piece of cake for our great coach. Lets drop the puck already.
                    Why not President of the US? I'd vote for him over both the candidates the two major parties are running.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Why not President of the US? I'd vote for him over both the candidates the two major parties are running.
                      Our great coach does not meet the age requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        FC12, I see that you posted at 6am. Are you just coming in from the bars?

Comment

FC12, I see that you posted at 6am. Are you just coming in from the bars?
                          Sadly, no thats just what time my dog feels the need to wake up on weekends. Havent been out in the bars until last call in a while....a month or so Besides, I dont call it being out all night, I call it offseason training.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Our great coach does not meet the age requirement.
                            He's the same age as one of my brothers. He's old enough.

Comment

Pile on will not be complete until FDude weighs in.
                              So, you want me to come in here and tell everyone how wrong you are? Even at the high school level in a Class D department, the AD doesn't have time for anything but to be the AD.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                He's the same age as one of my brothers. He's old enough.
                                Correct, the requirement is 35.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X