Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

I figure that this should deserve its own thread, so we don't clog up the season threads.

As far as I figure it, there are many, many Gopher fans making the trip, several Tech alums, and also many hanger-ons from other schools. For anyone who hasn't made this trip, with this group, it is highly recommended.

Some of the group are leaving Wednesday, I know that a group of us are leaving at various times on Thursday. I'm guessing some are leaving as late as Friday as well.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Re: Gophers @ Tech Road Trip - Planning, Coordination, Taunting, etc.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I figure that this should deserve its own thread, so we don't clog up the season threads.

As far as I figure it, there are many, many Gopher fans making the trip, several Tech alums, and also many hanger-ons from other schools. For anyone who hasn't made this trip, with this group, it is highly recommended.

Some of the group are leaving Wednesday, I know that a group of us are leaving at various times on Thursday. I'm guessing some are leaving as late as Friday as well.
    Hopefully the locals get off their wallets and sell out the SDC for a change.
    "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
      Hopefully the locals get off their wallets and sell out the SDC for a change.
      That would be nice. I expect a good crowd, since the excitement over this years team is as high as I've ever seen it, and the Gophers should be a good sell, I'm guessing they'll be #1 at that point.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm planning on leaving Thursday at some point.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I'm planning on leaving Thursday at some point.
          I think Brent and crew are leaving Thursday morning. My plans depend on what the gf is doing. If she can skip her Friday morning class, I'm leaving with her at about 3:00 Thursday afternoon. If she can't leave until Friday after class, I'm hitching my wagon to the Brent train.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Since, this will be the last regular season series ever in Tech's arena by a Gopher team it should be a fun time.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Rookie here. Be gentle!
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                Rookie here. Be gentle!
                Are you going up with the GPL crew or on your own?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Is there a blue line luncheon that week? We'll be heading up Thursday night if there is. Friday morning if not.
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working till 1030 thursday morning and then heading up, hopefully I will still still be sober when you shmucks show up unlike Melmac and Huskynation's wedding
                    Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                    Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                      Working till 1030 thursday morning and then heading up, hopefully I will still still be sober when you shmucks show up unlike Melmac and Huskynation's wedding
                      If you're leaving your place at 10:30, you'd get there at about the same time as Brent and his crew. I think they're leaving early. So I'm guessing you'll still be sober, unless you're going old-school yooper and planning on killing a 12er of roadies.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If there's a group going through Duluth on Friday. I'm hoping to snag a ride if that would be possible.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          If you're leaving your place at 10:30, you'd get there at about the same time as Brent and his crew. I think they're leaving early. So I'm guessing you'll still be sober, unless you're going old-school yooper and planning on killing a 12er of roadies.
                          if you and the gf leave Thursday afternoon, the 4 of us can probably take my car.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Can. Not. Wait.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                              If there's a group going through Duluth on Friday. I'm hoping to snag a ride if that would be possible.
                              I'll let you know if the gf is going on Friday.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X