Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Ok, now that the new schedule is out and season tickets are available, it's time for a current year thread.

Bought my season tickets yesterday. On the UW website, they are saying the only way to guarantee a seat for the first game (which will be reserved seating for this game only) at LaBahn will be getting season tickets. I assume that after a certain point, they will put single-game tickets on sale, but they haven't put out that date yet.

There haven't put out any recent pictures of the construction, but they have to be pretty close to being done and just doing the finishing touches.

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2012-2013 - The LaBahn Era Begins

Uh-oh. I was hoping to take in the Sunday game. Any word whether that will be for season ticket holders too? I'll be heading through Wisconsin back to Ohio from Minnesota. Living in Ohio, getting season tickets is really not smart. Any intel on the process is greatly appreciated!
    Steve G

Comment

I'm almost positive they won't sell-out with season ticket packages only. Single-game seats don't go on sale until October 1, so season tickets are the only way to go currently and are much better value if going to most of the games. I would think you are pretty safe getting a ticket gameday that Sunday, but might want to go on-line and purchase a ticket after the October 1 just to be sure.

While I swear I read that the first game will be reserved seating, I can't seem to find that link. All games after that would be general admission only. I'm not 100% sure now on the first game.

Comment

I should have just posted this link directly. It answers more than a few questions.

http://women.badgerhockey2012.com/

Comment

Any word on the status of Laurel Miller? She's not on the new roster...
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
            Any word on the status of Laurel Miller? She's not on the new roster...
            I heard a rumor she is now enrolled at St. Thomas.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Looking at pictures from 8/14, it looks like the seats are just plain old aluminum bleacher bench type seats with backs, not theater style, that sucks....Why did Barry have to go cheap on that?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There are more than a few changes if you were able to see the original plans for the arena. As nice as it will be, there will be a few items that can be nicer/bigger/better as time goes on. We are probably lucky to get the backs on the bleachers to start with.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Looking at pictures from 8/14, it looks like the seats are just plain old aluminum bleacher bench type seats with backs, not theater style, that sucks....Why did Barry have to go cheap on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  We are probably lucky to get the backs on the bleachers to start with.
                  Good point, since BA isn't a hockey guy anyway. If they settle this Adias issue, maybe they can use the Adias money to upgrade...oh wait, that paying for his raise. Seriously, I think it's a little cheap. UW is a major university with the best program in the country, this place should be top notch. It couldn't have cost that much to put the right seats on the building. Hell, they could have put theater seats in parts of the building and upcharged for them. I can't believe he passed up an opportunity to make more money.
                  Last edited by Timothy A; 08-18-2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

UW is a major university with the best program in the country...
                    Going there already?

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                      Going there already?
                      He didn't say "this coming season." If looked at in recent history, Johnson has had his team in the NCAA title game each of his last six seasons that he's been in Madison. I think the "best" claim is legit at this point.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        He didn't say "this coming season." If looked at in recent history, Johnson has had his team in the NCAA title game each of his last six seasons that he's been in Madison. I think the "best" claim is legit at this point.
                        That's exactly what I was inferring....boy, the women's forum posters are a sensitive lot.

So what is the skinny on UW's chances to fortify the dynatsy this year? From my perspective, (semi casual women's fan) they have a ton of great tools in the toolbox again this year from a returning players perspective (I have no idea who/what the Fr class will be like).

Comment

That's exactly what I was inferring....boy, the women's forum posters are a sensitive lot.

So what is the skinny on UW's chances to fortify the dynatsy this year? From my perspective, (semi casual women's fan) they have a ton of great tools in the toolbox again this year from a returning players perspective (I have no idea who/what the Fr class will be like).
                          With the obvious exception of Brianna Decker, the strength of this year's team looks to be on defense and in goal. Rigsby is more than proven and they go a solid 6-7 on the blueline and gets stronger after the New Year when Alev Kelter comes back from the soccer team.

They lost a lot of goal-scoring and there is no way around that. Decker should get her 35-40 goals and Brittany Ammerman should have every opportunity to be a 20+ goal scorer. After that, there is no returning forward with over 7 goals. I would guess that Packer, Turnbull, Sylvester Josephs and Unser will increase their offensive production and (hopefully) it could be significantly.

Unfortunately, I just don't know much about the incoming freshman. All have pretty good resumes and should contribute, just not sure to what extent. Would not be surprised at all if at least one or two turn out to be impact players.

At this point, Wisconsin doesn't rebuild, they reload and I don't see this year being any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            With the obvious exception of Brianna Decker, the strength of this year's team looks to be on defense and in goal. Rigsby is more than proven and they go a solid 6-7 on the blueline and gets stronger after the New Year when Alev Kelter comes back from the soccer team.

They lost a lot of goal-scoring and there is no way around that. Decker should get her 35-40 goals and Brittany Ammerman should have every opportunity to be a 20+ goal scorer. After that, there is no returning forward with over 7 goals. I would guess that Packer, Turnbull, Sylvester Josephs and Unser will increase their offensive production and (hopefully) it could be significantly.

Unfortunately, I just don't know much about the incoming freshman. All have pretty good resumes and should contribute, just not sure to what extent. Would not be surprised at all if at least one or two turn out to be impact players.

At this point, Wisconsin doesn't rebuild, they reload and I don't see this year being any different.
                            Thanks for the quick summary, that is just what I was looking for.

Comment

I like the "reload" analogy. Between Bucky and Minny... look out. It's gonna be an exciting year and I can't wait to catch a game at the new digs.

Comment

Working...
                              X